Welcome back to the runway!
On Sunday, November 1, Project CBRunway, CBR's contest focusing on costume and character design, returns with an All-Star event! The competition will pit past CBRunway winners and fan-favorites against one another in a 2-week design challenge on the Artist & Writer Showcase. Designers will have only fifteen days in which to complete their designs. During the following two days CBR posters will decide which designer is the winner of Project CBRunway All-Stars.
Which of these CBRunway all-stars will enter? Who will win?
The winning designer will walk away with an exciting prize, including his or her choice of one of:
- Vegetarian Goat
And his or her choice of one of:
- Draw Fashion Models! (Paperback)
- The Handbook of Style: A Man’s Guide to Looking Good (Hardcover)
- Drawing the Living Figure (Paperback)
- Our Gods Wear Spandex: The Secret History of Comic Book Heroes (Paperback)
- Project Runway -- The Complete Third Season (DVD)
- Figure Drawing for Fashion Design (Paperback)
- Captain Britain and MI:13, Vol. 3: Vampire State (Paperback)
- Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 1: The Last Iron Fist Story (Paperback)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1: Legacy (Paperback)
- Doctor Strange: The Oath (Paperback)
- Was Superman a Spy?: And Other Comic Book Legends Revealed (Paperback)
- Beyond! (Paperback)
CBRunway All-Star Rules:
- Pre-selected participants may sign up by fulfilling the challenge requirements (to be published on November 1) before Midnight PST on November 16.
- The challenge will consist of designing or re-designing comic book costumes and characters. The challenge will either have either general or very specific requirements as to what the participant is expected to design.
- Participants have only fifteen days, through Tuesday, November 16 at Midnight PST, to Private Message (PM) me their entries for the All-Stars challenge. Be sure to select “Request a read receipt for this message” in the Additional Options section before sending. Failure to complete the challenge will result in immediate elimination from Project CBRunway All-Stars. There will be no extensions or exceptions.
- The voting thread including posts of the challenge’s submissions will be posted on Tuesday morning and will remain open for 48 hours.
- Posters will vote for the entry they feel best completes the challenge. Voting should not be based solely on art ability. Ultimately, however, voting is completely subjective. Participants may vote for themselves.
- A ban, for any reason, from the Artist & Writer Showcase or CBR will result in immediate elimination from Project CBRunway.
Non-participants may participate in the Play Along at Home thread for the challenge.
- Each character design should be submitted separately.
- Artwork may be done in any medium but must be in color. As in real comic work, using reference is fine but swiping is frowned upon.
- Each piece of artwork may be no larger than 550-pixels wide and 800-pixels long.
- Entries must be inserted into your PM, using such services as Photobucket.com or imageShack.com. If you are unable to use such a service you may e-mail your entry and we will host the image for you for the duration of the competition.
- All submissions should include a three-sentence description of the costume explaining, to the best of your ability, material, functionality, design inspiration, etc.
- Write-ups for each piece are to be no longer than three-sentences.
See you on the runway!
Project CBRunway All-Stars
Project CBRunway All-Star Challenge
Challenge 11/02/09 / Voting Thread 11/17/09: Winner - ?