Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'm a huge Sienkiewicz fan. Always wanted that one for a while.

Although, I have a variant QVC edition of Ess. Wolvie 2 signed. ;)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

It's become my personal opinion to just buy variants of limited series, or first issues... or if the art really strikes me more than the standard cover.

Nope, I hardly ever make an effort to pick up variants anymore unless they're drawn by a particular artist. Even then, it doesn't bother me either way.

If there are more than one cover at regular price I pick the cover I like the most. I don't intentionally purchase more than one of the same issue, and I've never paid more than regular cover price for a variant, but I have a few variants from cheap bins.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I'll try to get variants if they have my favorite characters on them. If I can't it's no big deal, but I still try to get them.

I'll grab one here and there if I can cheap. There are a few I'm dying to get! I did save some time, and got the Marvel 70th anniv. alt cover book and they were all in there.

I was big into the CHAOS! covers back in the day, but I'm much more relaxed about this stuff now.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Only in the bargain bins. The `90's have forever ruined me on variant/gimmick/special covers. I have a friend who was big on variants during that decade and bought all 11 variant covers to the Darkness #11...and he realized that he'd wasted too much money on them. He quit collecting, but I still like to give him grief about it.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Only in the bargain bins. The `90's have forever ruined me on variant/gimmick/special covers. I have a friend who was big on variants during that decade and bought all 11 variant covers to the Darkness #11...and he realized that he'd wasted too much money on them. He quit collecting, but I still like to give him grief about it.
    At one point I had 15 or so versions of Tomb Raider #1 I sold off almost all of them and just kept the Andy Park covers incl the holo-foil.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.