Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CUP O' JOE: 2010 from "Siege" to "Second Coming

Joe Quesada wraps a string of high profile announcements with news of where Marvel's biggest franchises will be heading in the new year, plus exclusive art from upcoming issues of "Doctor Voodoo," "Strange" and "X-Men: A Girl Named Hope."

Full article here.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I don't want to sound too giddy, but the part about X-Force and Kyle & Yost makes me wonder if they really will be taking over Uncanny.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Joe Quesada is getting good at these Q &A's. props to him and CBR for the collaboration.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

I'm even more excited for Doomwar and the future afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I don't want to sound too giddy, but the part about X-Force and Kyle & Yost makes me wonder if they really will be taking over Uncanny.
    I would so love that!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I'll be so disappointed if Quesada is referring to X-Men cartoons and not Uncanny.
    The Large Hadron Collider on the France-Switzerland border inadvertently will crush the Earth out of existence (unlikely, but at least humanity's final thought would be, "Blame the French")

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I'm glad to hear the X-Men will be involved in DoomWar. I'm much more interested in that event now. I also hope Deadpool is useful and integral to the story (like Secret Invasion, kind of) and not just having a story in the background that features him annoying Wakandans or somesuch.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Straight Edge

I think its a definite possibility that C&Y are taking over Uncanny. There were rumors that Fraction was taking over Thor at some point. Gillen is only on the book for 6 issues, so there will be a new writer come next Spring. Fraction jumps from Uncanny to Thor, C&Y take over Uncanny, not sure who would take over XF.

I find it very interesting that Slott wasn't at the Avengers retreat. He does live in New York, so its not like he had to fly in for it. I think the changes coming to Avengers might be bigger that we think.

Those Strange pages look awful.

Oh and stop asking about Blue Marvel, that book sucked and it should stay dead.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 10-23-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Those Strange pages are awesome.

It's funny, I had no interest in following it or the Brother Voodoo ongoing (especially that) but the more I see and hear of the Strange mini, the more I want to give it a shot.

Sounds like it could be the funnest Strange has been in awhile.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Thank you Mr.Quesada for the answer to my question. I will be picking up doom war now(first event comic since civil war #3) And i might stick around With Mighty Avengers now to see how that book looks next year. That Doctor Voodoo book is so goooooood Pick it up and give it a shot issue one was gooooooood. Look at all the o's man thats like good.

But i do have some reservations about the future of the X-Men, since the end of Grant Morison's run i just haven't felt that franchise has been given the best turn at marvel. and Quesada is a man true to his word if he says characters will die and things will never be the same...yeah you better believe that gonna happened my friends. So i hope there still are X-Men next year and please don't just kill Wo0lverine like every one else that's just corny now.

This was a great Joe Fridays.

To me I don't understand Joe's answer on whether or not Doom will appear within the Siege.

I mean I know there is Doomwar going on, but this is Dr. Doom.

I mean, he should be like the Wolverine of the Marvel universe for modern-day villains to fear.

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

I was going to get Strange, but man did that art turn me off...

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Oh and stop asking about Blue Marvel, that book sucked and it should stay dead.
    Co-signed.

It's like every other Cup'o'Joe that question gets asked and it's always the same response.

Didn't his mini sell like 9k copies?

BANNED

So Brubaker still writing Cap after all is said and done with Siege?

And sure they'll bring back the Big 3 but there always some unforseen twist that sours the final deal.