Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Avengers: The Initiative?

I am totally lost. I kinda get that Avengers: The Initiative is a odd-ball Avengers comic, but is it really a Avengers comic? I mean is it like the Great Lakes Avengers franchised?

Is Taskmaster in charge of them?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Taskmaster is indeed in charge of them right now. It's not like the Great Lakes Avengers, it has a lot of serious elements to it. I definitely recommend you try it out!
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

odd-ball Avengers?

Does this guy look like an odd-ball to you?

Honestly, I don't consider it an Avengers comic. I think that's just sort of a marketing thing.

That said, it's nothing really like the Great Lake Avengers (which is a fun quirky franchise that's suprisingly dark at times). It's a very serious book, and it's very very well done. It does an amazing job of getting you to care about Z listers and newbies.

Its the New Warriors comic under the Avengers banner... I love it

It is an Avengers book the same way X-Factor is an X-Men book.

As in, it is part of the family, but the connection is not really direct or active.

Thanks for the reply guys. I read a little bit about the Initiative. Does the comic focus on the main training grounds (where Taskmaster is, I guess) or does it move around to focus on different teams? Sort of like the old Secret Defenders comic?

MR. USFL

Thumbs up

ATI Is The Best Avengers Book Out There . Too Bad It Will Be Renamed After The Siege Event . Great Book Pick It Up
    That's Why They Make Chocolate And Vanilla. Because YOU Like Crappy Ice Cream.

MARVEL=Chocolate / DC=Crappy Ice Cream

Quote Originally Posted by MR. USFL View Post
    ATI Is The Best Avengers Book Out There . Too Bad It Will Be Renamed After The Siege Event . Great Book Pick It Up
    What will it be renamed to ?

He is reporting speculation as if it is fact.

There has been talk about a book called Avengers Academy which some people think is Avengers: The Initiative, renamed.

I happen to agree with that speculation, but it still should not be reported as fact.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    Its the New Warriors comic under the Avengers banner... I love it
    Same here. The Warriors haven't been this good since Fabe left. They're the only ones in Dark Reign who can say they weren't total idiots.

I just hope they can keep this series running for a while... if it gets renamed Academy... cool too. As long as the current team of New Warriors/Avengers Resistance is still followed in its pages it will remain on my pull list

i really liked the initiative, then dropped it to follow dan slott to mighty avengers. and now keep seeing these previews and i gotta get back in with the initiative. it is starting tolook so good. i think i missed one or two trades already. i gotta catch up!
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys. I read a little bit about the Initiative. Does the comic focus on the main training grounds (where Taskmaster is, I guess) or does it move around to focus on different teams? Sort of like the old Secret Defenders comic?
    The focus shifts honestly though you'll usually get to check in at the base.

No using magic tarot cards to choose teams yet though I'm hoping.

Oh and you can add another you should try it recommendation, a really great read with good art every month.

I saw the newest preview of Initiative and it looked like Tigra is a pretty important character. Is she leading the resistance?