Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Kirkman Ends "The Astounding Wolf-Man"

The adventures of billionaire-turned-werewolf Gary Hampton conclude in "The Astounding Wolf-Man" #25, and CBR spoke with writer Robert Kirkman about ending the series and what fans can expect from the final issues.

Full article here.

Hopefully, there will be one giant Omnibus edition with the entire series in it.

Well, I enjoy this series. Problem is, I can't make Kirkman keep writing it if he don't want to.

Glad it is going out proper though. I hate those that end with lots of threads hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkangel View Post
    Hopefully, there will be one giant Omnibus edition with the entire series in it.
    That is the first thing I thought of.

I have loved every bit of this series. It has been non-stop action and suspense from the outset.

Nothing to sully it, either. It's a solid series that's bowing out on a high note. Good job, Kirkman.

www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar

I honestly always struggle to find a reason to keep reading this series other than it is Kirkman. It has gotten better with the prison arc and the involvement of Cecil but really this book has never done anything for me and I am ready for it to end. I find ASW a lot like Brit - throw me a miniseries once a year on each of those characters and I would be happy but not sure about an ongoing for either

Sad to hear it's ending - even it's a step below INVINCIBLE, that's still several steps higher than most comics - but at least it goes out on its own terms and can resolve everything.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    I honestly always struggle to find a reason to keep reading this series other than it is Kirkman. It has gotten better with the prison arc and the involvement of Cecil but really this book has never done anything for me and I am ready for it to end.
    Ditto for me too!

The last few months I've also struggled to read the book. When I heard it was ending at #25 I thought I could stick it out 'til then. But w/the most recent issue boring me to tears, I think I'm DONE.