Page 129 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3975

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    You're relentless with your obsessive compulsive retardation, aren't you?

There is NO Black Widow/Spider-man connection. At all. She's no more related to Spider-man's worthless stories than anyone else in the Marvel Universe.

Please, SHUT UP already. Your issues clearly have issues.
    'Sides, the only connection the two have is they both have arachnid-based hero names.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Actually, I was kinda holding back.
    For what? All because a dude expressed his wishes on a public forum without insulting anybody unlike you? Darthfury isn't the one with issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    For what? All because a dude expressed his wishes on a public forum without insulting anybody unlike you? Darthfury isn't the one with issues here.
    I've been polite about it before. I've tried simply ignoring it.

Until what point are we expected to tollerate this? It's literally at the point where I feel uncomfortable talking about her on these boards, because this nutbar will pop up and insist that she have a 'special friendship' with Spider-man.

In any topic. At any time. If Nat comes up we're subjected to this.

Granted, the example that I exploded over here is full tame. It's kind of a case of 'straw that broke the camel'.

Sorry if I offended you, Mutie. But Darth here needs to sod off.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    That's twisting things. It wasn't shown because it wasn't really that important, what was important is what Bucky felt about it. If it was added to the story, it would have taken away at least a page and the impact of how it made Bucky feel, the book is WS not BW afterall.
    My entire problem with that story was that Natasha's feelings/reactions weren't important. She was a huge part of her own relationship with Bucky, she was the one who suffered most in Leo's plot and she was the one he was grossly trying to seduce. But Natasha was a prize and not a person for the entire storyline, and her feelings didn't matter to the story, in the end, and I think Brubaker could've done a lot better than that.

I had suspected since they started teasing her involvement in Age of Ultron that they might be gearing up for a new BW project. I like how she's been presented in the AU stuff so far, lonely and grim and spooky, which is a nice departure from boobs boobs boobs a la Secret Avengers rn. I agree with everyone who thinks they've really dropped the ball with Natasha post Avengers movie, but things are picking up a bit. The CA&BW arc had art I loved and some nice character moments, her appearance in Punisher: War Zone was fantastic, and the next arc of Avengers Assembled will be Natasha-centric, plus they are (seemingly) giving her a strong role in the upcoming Event. And then we might be getting a new Natasha-centric book! Better late than never.

Re: this new mystery book, a while back someone asked Fraction on his tumblr if he had ever considered doing a book in the same style as Hawkeye but with another character, like Black Widow? He responded with: funny you should ask. Something for this thread to speculate about, maybe! He could've easily just been making an Iron Fist joke, but I know actually that Fraction thinks they missed the boat by not handing out Black Widow comics after the Avengers movie, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    Re: this new mystery book, a while back someone asked Fraction on his tumblr if he had ever considered doing a book in the same style as Hawkeye but with another character, like Black Widow? He responded with: funny you should ask.
    I'm not sure that I'd want a Black Widow book in that vein. Reading her in A+X, played for yuks wasn't her crowning moment this year.

Aja on art chores would be most welcome though. :D

You're relentless with your obsessive compulsive retardation, aren't you?

There is NO Black Widow/Spider-man connection. At all. She's no more related to Spider-man's worthless stories than anyone else in the Marvel Universe.

Please, SHUT UP already. Your issues clearly have issues.
    Klinton,
    The only connection between Black Widow x Spider-Man mirrors that of Spider-Man x Black Cat. First of all, Natasha got her inspiration to become a costume crime fighter the moment Spider-Man made his debut. Second, she probably used Hawkeye to help her defect from the KGB/Soviet Union because she wanted to personally observe Spider-Man. Whose to say that some of Spidey's early adventures against a few super villains wasn't the result of Natasha being responsible indirectly by paying off a few mercenaries to battle him? When she decided to redesign her costume into the iconic one, Spider-Man was her inspiration towards it. In ASM #86, Natasha battled Spidey because she wanted to see for herself how strong he was.

I would have thought that from that decisive battle, they could have formed a partnership as she did with Daredevil. A partnership between the Black Widow and Spider-Man is long overdue, in my opinion. Just as I felt that the Black Cat should be a part of Daredevil's world, the same should apply to the Black Widow being a part of the Spider-Family as Julia Carpenter has.

My interest in Spider-Man and Black Widow has absolutely nothing to do with their Spider-Theme costume. It's their personality that holds my interest. I never understood why no other Spider-Man writer in the past ever used Natasha in Spider-Man in contrast to Daredevil as his partner on occasion. I do believe that if Black Widow was a part of Spider-Man's world, a working relationship could develop in the same manner as Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew. And in time, Natasha and Peter Parker could form a friendship that is as close as those that she has with Daredevil, Hawkeye, and Captain America.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-03-2013 at 01:07 AM.

I'm not sure that I'd want a Black Widow book in that vein. Reading her in A+X, played for yuks wasn't her crowning moment this year.

Aja on art chores would be most welcome though. :D
    I don't think "played for yuks" is really what was meant by the question—*honestly I don't see much similarity between A+X and Hawkeye besides that I like the art.

Aja's said that Natasha is his favorite Marvel lady before.

IA, Darthfury78, I don't really like having this thread be constantly drawn off-topic w/mentions of Spider-man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Yeah, but he kind of goes overboard. He's started entire threads over on the Spider-Man forum about how Spidey should hook up with bizarre, random choices. He even followed me to my Deviantart page to ask me to draw a picture of Spidey and Black Widow fighting Venom arguing that it would get "more people" interested in my art.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the ONLY topic he seems interested in.

Is BW Still gonna guest in WS?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Is BW Still gonna guest in WS?
    Probably not for an arc, at least. I can't imagine they won't meet up eventually, though I'm not sure it will be in Winter Soldier.

ever since it was "established" that natasha had her own version of the super-soldier serum and was really Cap's age, has it ever been hinted that she's ever borne children?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ever since it was "established" that natasha had her own version of the super-soldier serum and was really Cap's age, has it ever been hinted that she's ever borne children?
    Yes. But...no. It didn't end well.

ever since it was "established" that Natasha had her own version of the super-soldier serum and was really Cap's age, has it ever been hinted that she's ever borne children?
    I don't think that she's able to produce children in the traditional sense. But there was a timeline where she and Steve Rogers had a son together. But for Natasha to have kids, the miracle of science would have to intervene.

Read Marjorie Liu's Name of the Rose arc in the 2010 Black Widow for insight into this - if you haven't read this story you should if you get the chance--best BW story ever as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by klynn; 02-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Favorite Characters: Natasha Romanova, Caron Danvers, Dinah Lance, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop
    Favorite Books: Black Widow, Lazarus, Velvet, Captain Marvel, Red Sonja, Rat Queens

I think it's wrong to equate it to the Super Soldier Serum; the comics never have and whatever it does it's much closer to the Infinity Formula. But unlike the Infinity Formula, the chemical they gave her made her basically infertile.

The Name of the Rose deals with this though before she joined the KGB.