Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hercules Appreciation

Here's your thread dedicated to appreciating the Lion of Olympus, the Prince of Power, the Son of Zeus...

HERCULES

Last edited by mattbib; 10-16-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Default Hercules Appreciation Thread

This is a thread where we can all talk about Marvel's Hercules. He's the Lion of Olympus, the Prince of Power, the master of the Elven Tickler! If you love the character then post here!

I haven't read many Hercules comics, but from reading Mighty Avengers and Death of an Avenger I gained a weird appreciation for him.

I was actually rereading Incredible Hulk #107-111, the issues that took place during World War Hulk and I was just struck with how much I enjoyed the character. I haven't read much of his stuff yet either, but that's something I'm looking to change as soon as possible.

I hope he is the man in Chaos War. He wasn't gone for long, but it'll be good to have him back.

I'm very excited for Chaos War especially after reading the solicitation for issue 3. It appears that Herc will be an Allfather upon his return.

I absolutely love this character. His ongoing and the Prince of Power mini was/is one of the very best books Marvel put out.

Strangely enough, I just reread through my Mighty Thorcules and Love and War trades and reminded myself how much I love the character. Pak and Lente are geniuses.

Aw, poor Herc. She-Hulk, you vixen!

Edit: Sorry about that. I did do a search for Herc Appreciation threads, but I must have missed it.
    Last edited by Zach J.; 08-17-2010 at 09:37 PM.

I just started moving some of my old, old comics from my mom's house as she is getting set to move from my childhood home sometime in the next year.

I forgot that I have a copy of Thor Annual #1, the first appearance of Marvel's Hercules.

That's awesome, Hatut Zeraze! I'd love to find a nice copy of that issue.

Hercules is such a great character. I've been a fan since the Stern Avengers days.

I'm glad to see his return in Chaos War. I've lamented the loss of his series since it was cancelled. Good to see Marvel giving him a grand return.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Pak and FVL made me appreciate a character that I never gave two craps about. I love them for it.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Best Coast Avenger BartonisHawkeye88's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE Thor... but from a team-book standpoint, Hercules works nearly INFINITELY better than Thor.

Thor is one of my favorite characters, but Hercules is one of my favorite Avengers... not sure if I'm explaining this all that well, lol.

Anyway. I love Herc. His ongoing series was awesome, he was awesome in Avengers back in the day, awesome in Mighty Avengers... Can't wait to get him back
    PULL: Hawkeye, Star Wars, Daredevil, Thor: God of Thunder, Secret Avengers

I genuinely believe Incredible Hercules was one of the best superhero books on the market for a year or two there. I'm enjoying Prince of Power quite a bit too, but of course, I'm even more interested in how Chaos War is going to play out.

Chi-Town's Finest JurassicParkIsAnAwesomeMovie's Avatar

I miss Incredible Herc, it was one of my favorite titles during it's run. Great stuff, it definitely made me a Herc fan.

How can you not love this guy? He's such a fun character.
    CHICAGO BEARS 2011: 1-1