Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Newsarama has a new interview up with Matt Fraction about Hawkeye (and other stuff).
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

With the love that Hawkeye is getting at the moment, do you think that there will be a day when he'll get a bad ass costume? I was never really a fan of the old one nor am I big fan of the new one.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    With the love that Hawkeye is getting at the moment, do you think that there will be a day when he'll get a bad ass costume? I was never really a fan of the old one nor am I big fan of the new one.
    I think this new one needs some tweaks (or rather, some consistency) and it will be the best one he's ever had. I was a fan of his old one but it was a bit too garish for me. I think the current one when drawn by certain people, is too militaristic. There's a happy medium, and it's drawn by David Aja. Of course, Hawkeye is rarely in costume in his own title. Go figure.

This is the best Hawkeye outfit I've seen. It's not too militaristic and it's sleek and simple. But the artists can never be consistent with the glasses (is Aja the only artist who can draw sunglasses at all?) so I think they should drop it.

Back in the day, we'd have Hawkeye like this:

Which is too cornball for me. But then you have some cool variations of it like this:

I'm a huge Hawkeye fan. I liked the traditional outfit, but this one really won me over, especially the Aja take on it. But I really think there needs to be more constistency to it, and they need to tone down the pouches/kevlar look and remove the glasses and it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    Newsarama has a new interview up with Matt Fraction about Hawkeye (and other stuff).
    Different wasn't necessarily the goal, neither anything as articulate as "anti-superhero." It all came out in the writing in terms of what sort of felt true to the character. He's the regular guy and these are the kinds of stories that I wanted to tell. I wanted to not be bored, and not do something that I had seen, or read before. There have been lots of Hawkeye books, and I've liked a lot of them, but they don't seem to last very long. So worst case, I thought, "Well, this book isn't going to last very long. Go out doing something different. Go out doing something you can be proud of, that doesn't look like a pale imitation of something else.

Where's Blade X when you need him? Having I been touting this line since the book was launched?

Well that's annoying!

Darn my trade waiting tendencies! Darn them to HECK!
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    The love he's getting makes it less likely he'll get a change. They give him the new one in the first place because of his increased prominence after the Avengers movie.

Some process pics from issue #6!
    http://fuckyeahavengingarcher.tumblr...t-by-david-aja

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyAtCBR View Post
    I think this new one needs some tweaks (or rather, some consistency) and it will be the best one he's ever had. I was a fan of his old one but it was a bit too garish for me. I think the current one when drawn by certain people, is too militaristic. There's a happy medium, and it's drawn by David Aja. Of course, Hawkeye is rarely in costume in his own title. Go figure.

This is the best Hawkeye outfit I've seen. It's not too militaristic and it's sleek and simple. But the artists can never be consistent with the glasses (is Aja the only artist who can draw sunglasses at all?) so I think they should drop it.

Back in the day, we'd have Hawkeye like this:

Which is too cornball for me. But then you have some cool variations of it like this:

I'm a huge Hawkeye fan. I liked the traditional outfit, but this one really won me over, especially the Aja take on it. But I really think there needs to be more constistency to it, and they need to tone down the pouches/kevlar look and remove the glasses and it's perfect.
    The thing of it is, when I watch the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, Hawkeye's costume looks great. It's animated and it seems like they've made it very stream-lined. The buccaneer boots have been replaced by regular boots, only one long sleeve...I dunno, overall it just looks better. It is based on the standard costume, but it looks good.

I have no problems with good looking costumes, but I can't think of Hawkeye costumes that have really wow-ed me!

Quote Originally Posted by BartonisHawkeye88 View Post
    i love the classic look. I grew up with it... but my favorite looks have always been the modern takes on it (house of m, heroic age, hawkeye vol 3)... the current look isnt my favorite but its not the worst either... the bow i don't really care too much. As long as its not a compound bow, lol... those are for sissies.
    Guns are for sissies.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

I love Hawkguy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HAWKGAL.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	105834
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Default When does the Hawkeye TPB come out?

Heyy guys, just wondering when the new Hawkeye series will release their trade? I only got the first issue and i thought it was only decent so I dropped it, but now I heard that it is just fantastic. So does anyone know when the will releasr the first few issues in trade form? Thanks!

according to Amazon.com it comes out March 26, 2013.

thanks! :D

March 13th (Amazon is always a couple weeks behind)

Quote Originally Posted by Runguy View Post
    March 13th (Amazon is always a couple weeks behind)
    I haven't read the series but I have heard so much positive feedback. I don't think I can wait that long. I might have to pick all the issues on comixology.

Damn! March 2013? That's a long time off!