Page 260 of 670 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 10038
    Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Happy Birthday CJStriker!!!
    Thanks so much Jen! =D

You are a Great Friend and it is always a Blast and Delight talking to you my dear, Thank You.

Also, Great New Avatar and Message Underneath it!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Happy Birthday CJStriker that is quite the set of sketch cards... 8 interlinked Marvel Upper Deck cards to make one large piece of art.

Here are two more cards for you. I bought the sketch card below and the sketch card at the bottom I had commissioned.

best regards...

http://pictopunk.tumblr.com/image/50079235492
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-27-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Happy birthday CJ.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Today has been a Big Day for me on this May 26th, 2013.

Today I officially have 30 years of life at my back! Good News is I still feel young at heart.

Just wanted to share my Birthday Day with all my friends here, especially on my favorite thread with my favorite friends and my favorite character Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch. =)

Thank you all for being my friends. =)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CJ !!! Enjoy your day my friend! Wanda, along with your friends have got your back!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Happy Birthday CJStriker that is quite the set of sketch cards... 8 interlinked Marvel Upper Deck cards to make one large piece of art.

Here are two more cards for you. I bought the sketch card below and the sketch card at the bottom I had commissioned.

best regards...
    Glad you enjoyed the Pics Jmc247 and thanks for your friendship and you knowledge and support of Wanda, Polaris and thier family.

All 3 of those pics you showed are all Great and that last one is very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Happy birthday CJ.
    Thanks DebkoX, hope you are doing Great and thanks for being a Great Friend and Fun Poster!

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CJ !!! Enjoy your day my friend! Wanda, along with your friends have got your back!!!
    Thanks for the support Maximoffimpact! Always great to read your post, you have one of the BEST insist and knowledge of Wanda Maximoff I have ever seen and read! Thanks for being a Great Friend and Poster!

Hey CJ! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day with family and friends.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Hey CJ! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day with family and friends.
    Thanks Allot Bro, I had a great day thanks. Thanks for your friendship, your great posts and the Ugly John Movement.

Hope you get well soon and fast bro.

“Thinking sucks” -Beavis andrewtheking's Avatar

Thanks Allot Bro, I had a great day thanks. Thanks for your friendship, your great posts and the Ugly John Movement.

Hope you get well soon and fast bro.
    Hi there Cj , just dropped in to wish you a happy , happy birthday :)

[COLOR="#000080"]Thank you Raelag!

It has been Great meeting you and getting to talk to you about Wanda and her Family!

BTW, your avatar, who is your Avatar, just curious?
    Rogue and Magnus from Uncanny X-Men #275.
    And nice to meet you too!
    Last edited by Raelag; 05-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtheking View Post
    Hi there Cj , just dropped in to wish you a happy , happy birthday :)
    Thank you Andrewtheking and thank you for you friendship and your good wishes.

Also, Welcome to the Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelag View Post
    Rogue and Magnus from Uncanny X-Men #275.
    And nice to meet you too!
    Thanks for letting me know, that is Cool. It has been nice meeting you too and come by anytime here to talk and ask any questions you have. =D

BTW, here is a pic of Scarlet Witch and her Father Magneto.

I like this design for a MCU Wanda. What do you think.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

It steals too much from Assassin's Creed. It's the wrong look for Wanda too. The tougher looks work on some characters but not all. She's tough, but she's also feminine.

I love it Crimsonspider! It shows so much of her personality but it keeps the classic look

Hello all. I had some questions about the scarlet witch and thought this would be the place to get a good answer. I'm an x-fan and am overly excited for the new Wood/Coipel series coming out tomorrow. To keep my self from going insane I decided to do a greatest hits of Oliver Coipel and go through my back issues that he illustrated. One of the series was the 'red zone' which included Avengers Vol 3 #65-70. In this little run Wanda gets to flex a bit of muscle power wise and Johns shows off what kind of a power house she was.

The problem is that I really didn't get what her powers were. Yes it deals with chaos and probability manipulation and Johns got pretty creative with it, but at the same time she seemed a little deus ex. Now I've been reading comics since the mid 90's so I understand that every character goes through an evolution that changes their power set drastically from one end of the spectrum to the other. And one fan's definition could totally be the polar opposite of someone else's interpretation. Kinda like if you asked someone to define an omega mutant and ten seconds later there would be 18 different takes on the term. All I'm asking, if it isn't too much, is if someone can maybe simplify her powers for me. Maybe give an example of how they work and the limitations. Other websites like wikipedia and marvel wikia seem a little sketchy. Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Hello all. I had some questions about the scarlet witch and thought this would be the place to get a good answer. I'm an x-fan and am overly excited for the new Wood/Coipel series coming out tomorrow. To keep my self from going insane I decided to do a greatest hits of Oliver Coipel and go through my back issues that he illustrated. One of the series was the 'red zone' which included Avengers Vol 3 #65-70. In this little run Wanda gets to flex a bit of muscle power wise and Johns shows off what kind of a power house she was.

The problem is that I really didn't get what her powers were. Yes it deals with chaos and probability manipulation and Johns got pretty creative with it, but at the same time she seemed a little deus ex. Now I've been reading comics since the mid 90's so I understand that every character goes through an evolution that changes their power set drastically from one end of the spectrum to the other. And one fan's definition could totally be the polar opposite of someone else's interpretation. Kinda like if you asked someone to define an omega mutant and ten seconds later there would be 18 different takes on the term. All I'm asking, if it isn't too much, is if someone can maybe simplify her powers for me. Maybe give an example of how they work and the limitations. Other websites like wikipedia and marvel wikia seem a little sketchy. Thanks
    First Off, Welcome to the Scarlet Witch Thread Harashkupo, glad to have you and your question.

Wanda's powers have indeed been an evolving process over many years, they stayed mostly the same until Kurt B.'s run of Avengers Vol. 3 as you quoted with "Red Zone" where she gained the use of Chaos Magic that brought around the nature of Wanda's Hex's and Powers. Wiki can be hard to understand. The best info and breakdown of Wanda's powers has come from Rick Remender cause with his Unanny Avengers he did research on Wanda and talk to Kurt B. as well.

Here is RR's breakdown, it is the best one out their for the basic understanding of Wanda's powers. Hope this helps my friend, if not just let use know and we will help you out more.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43969

"Wanda has had so many different powers and I want to acknowledge the continuity of the character and try to cook up a soufflé of that. So my understanding is that Wanda can do anything she's done in the past with the appropriate power source and time to cast the spell," Remender stated. "That's the way I reconcile the all the versions of Wanda we've seen like Kurt Busiek's, Bendis', and up through my version.

"She draws power from a well of cosmic chaos energy. That chaos energy can be used on the field of battle to cast probability hexes that cause a building to collapse or a water main to break. Because that power is so unpredictable though she also needs to make sure that she's got spells. She is a witch and uses chaos energy as a power source to complete her spells," Remender continued. "She was born an elemental mutant and she could have become somebody like her father, Magneto, but with Wundagore Mountain, her magic training, and all of the other mystical fiddling that went on with her that elemental aspect of has become a conduit for elemental power to control chaos magic."

The Scarlet Witch's ability to tap into and manipulate chaos energy means she's incredibly powerful, but it also means she has some has some very real and dangerous limitations. "She can bend reality, but can she bend reality in the middle of a fight to suit her purposes? No. Can she bend reality if she has a power source great enough, such as the life force that led her to do what she did on M-Day? Yes. So with a great enough power source, the time to cast the spell, and the inclination to cast it she can do almost anything. That doesn't help her in the field of battle though where she can really only draw upon chaos energy, probability hexes and the occasional elemental spell," Remender explained. "Plus the way I see the chaos power is that it's almost like using a nuclear reactor to charge your cell phone. It has the potential to fry it out because chaos is raw, powerful, and unpredictable.

"So when Wanda opens the well of chaos to draw in a certain amount of energy there's a danger that the chaos energy molecules can split, multiply, or break the laws of nature. In issue #4 we see her dig deep into that well of chaos so she can cast a spell to hurl Thor away from her. She allowed the chaos to fill her and if that went sideways, if she held on for too long, or if some part of the chaos of that power were to twist she could overload and it could fry her mind," Remender continued. "She could become a chaos demon or she could become a vegetable. So I'm trying to have that same kind of fun with chaos as an energy source that I did with Fantomex's misdirections in 'Uncanny X-Force.'"