Page 206 of 670 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 10038

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    How do you know it won't happen?
    Because she has a story to be told over in Uncanny Avengers. Even if she's due for a meltdown, it won't happen in a guest appearance in Bendis' book.

So, no worries.

Worst, worst case scenario Bendis has one of the 05 toss a few Brotherhood of Evil Mutants slurs her way, and everyone hugs it out.

I'm really not worried. :D

I hope you're right, but this is the writer who did more to destroy Wanda than any other writer and he has near complete autonomy as far as I can tell.
    Not at all. Bendis made her a powerhouse, respected and/or feared by the entire Marvel Universe and readers alike.

Bendis facilitated the return of her kids. He opened the dialogue about her little family, and Billy and Tommy are now refular inhabitants of the Marvel Universe.

All he really did was take her off the map for a little bit. And, I don't think he intended foe her to be gone so long. Heinberg is the one to blame there, I believe. Wanda's return was seeded in the very first volume of Young Avengers. That he took so long to return to the franchise (while refusing to let others pilot his little ship) is not on Bendis.

The massive X-fan hatred of Wanda isn't on Bendis either. That's on the over dramatic X-writers and their dumbass Decimation overkill.

If you want to blame a writer for f*cking with Wanda, talk to Byrne.
    Last edited by klinton; 04-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Because she has a story to be told over in Uncanny Avengers. Even if she's due for a meltdown, it won't happen in a guest appearance in Bendis' book.

So, no worries.

Worst, worst case scenario Bendis has one of the 05 toss a few Brotherhood of Evil Mutants slurs her way, and everyone hugs it out.

You Know I just thought of something. In All-New X-Men, young Jean Grey is staying cause she is concerned about her future and what happens to her with her powers and the Phoenix.

Wanda has had a similar experience as well. So maybe this is a moment where we start to get so see some interaction with young Jean and Wanda cause maybe Jean fells Wanda can understand what she fears better then anyone cause Wanda went threw something similar like Jean fears she will.

Just a Theory of mine.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

The curious one.

So, no worries.

Not at all. Bendis made her a powerhouse, respected and/or feared by the entire Marvel Universe and readers alike.

Bendis facilitated the return of her kids. He opened the dialogue about her little family, and Billy and Tommy are now refular inhabitants of the Marvel Universe.

All he really did was take her off the map for a little bit. And, I don't think he intended foe her to be gone so long. Heinberg is the one to blame there, I believe. Wanda's return was seeded in the very first volume of Young Avengers. That he took so long to return to the franchise (while refusing to let others pilot his little ship) is not on Bendis.

The massive X-fan hatred of Wanda isn't on Bendis either. That's on the over dramatic X-writers and their dumbass Decimation overkill.

If you want to blame a writer for f*cking with Wanda, talk to Byrne.
    Bendis made her a killer. Even Byrne didn't do that. But we should drop this, it's an appreciation thread after all and we're never going to agree. I'll stop first.
    Last edited by Mark_S; 04-28-2013 at 06:46 PM.

The curious one.

Looking back at this page I get the feeling Wanda was the only one happy to be an Avenger. Can't say I like the face framing headpiece though.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Butterflies and unicorns!
    What the poo? Bendis writing Wanda...hell, ANY character, should make our collective buttholes clench.

PwrdOff, get the holy water!
    Last edited by pepper; 04-28-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Looking back at this page I get the feeling Wanda was the only one happy to be an Avenger. Can't say I like the face framing headpiece though.
    It's a wimple. A victorian era fashion piece.

But, yeah, she was a keener from the get go. Early Wanda is a full treat to read, actually.

They were all more or less on board by the end of the issue though. Cap shows them what's what and even Hawkeye and Quicksilver concede respect.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    What the poo? Bendis writing Wanda...hell, ANY character, should make our collective buttholes clench.

PwrdOff, get the holy water!
    I realized this recently. I mean, if Bendis hadn't shone a GIANT SPOTLIGHT on that horrible era of AWC, Billy and Tommy would probably still be in limbo.

They came up every now and again, sure. But Dissassembled made way for Young Avengers.

So, really, Bendis did her a massive service.

I can gush butterflies and rainbows now because I know that he can't really hurt her anymore. We've got Remender and Hickman at the helm in Avengers land now. Hickman doesn't seem to care one way or the other about her, and Remender is heaping the love on.

So, I can be a little more objective now. :p

Thumbs up

Thanks Bro, you Provided me with another new Favorite Image!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scarlet Witch Enjoy Being an Avenger.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	113062

Bendis made her a killer. Even Byrne didn't do that. But we should drop this, it's an appreciation thread after all and we're never going to agree. I'll stop first.
    I realized this recently. I mean, if Bendis hadn't shone a GIANT SPOTLIGHT on that horrible era of AWC, Billy and Tommy would probably still be in limbo.

They came up every now and again, sure. But Dissassembled made way for Young Avengers.

I can gush butterflies and rainbows now because I know that he can't really hurt her anymore. We've got Remender and Hickman at the helm in Avengers land now. Hickman doesn't seem to care one way or the other about her, and Remender is heaping the love on.

Really I join with Klinton on this as well.

I agree with Mark_S's pain on what happen and the injustice it was to Wanda. But I also look at it that most of what happen to her has been explained by AD and CC, and I expect that explaination. I have myself made my case in defense of Wanda and what happen and I am happy with it. =) I really care about this character and all I keep seeing is a women who only did bad when not in control, and I can accept that easily cause I know her true nature and self. =D

As Klinton as said as well, her Kids are back as well and that is something to greatly celebrate as well! =D

All I see and try now to see is the positives of this Great Character Wanda Maximoff and other I know in real life today where talking about her and the tease about her maybe being in Avengers 2. I think we are starting a new positive age for Wanda.

Lets enjoy the Ride My Friends.

BTW Mark_S, are you going to get an Avatar as well, I think it be cool for you. =)
    Last edited by CJStriker; 04-28-2013 at 07:25 PM.

BANNED

Bendis' reach extends from beyond the grave, underestimate him at your own peril.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Bendis' reach extends from beyond the grave, underestimate him at your own peril.
    Hahaha! You're just cranky because he's currently molesting poor Jean. :p

BANNED

Look at this bald bastard lie through his teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Michael Bendis
    I think she’s the quintessential X-Man. I think that’s why everyone gravitates to her so much. Her powers are unique; her powers are something she has to work on, something she has to control. Every time her powers build, it sets a new set of problems for her, and at the same time, a new set of goals and challenges that make her a better hero, And we know, as fans, that she has met with tragedy a couple of times, because of the rocky road of the mutants and the X-Men. In this story that I’m telling, we’re going to meet a Jean that is fully aware of everything that has happened to her, more than any of the other X-Men, and now we get to see how that information will inform her choices as a human, and as a mutant, and as a person, and as a girl going forward.

It’s a very interesting challenge as a writer. I literally cannot stop writing her. It is absolutely fascinating. We know that Jean is a sweetheart, and we also know that Jean has an incredible edge to her. How will that edge manifest itself, knowing everything that she knows about the destiny of her life?
    Bear in mind that this also happened.

Last edited by PwrdOff; 04-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Look at this bald bastard lie through his teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Michael Bendis
    I love PwrdOff. So much. It is my goal to make him, and every kool-aid drinking member of the Cult of Jeansus, as happy as my little pen can.

Praise Jeansus! Amen!
    But, really....she's still back, no? Take some happiness in the little things?

....I got nothing. Enjoy 'All New X-men' in all it's, uh, glory?

BANNED

But, really....she's still back, no? Take some happiness in the little things?

....I got nothing. Enjoy 'All New X-men' in all it's, uh, glory?

Oddly, there's that one level in X-men Legends II where I always used Jean to destroy the gear trap. It looks just like that.

I think Ima play that again now. I love how Wanda just randomly turns enemies into boxes. A box will come rolling down the stairs and you hear her chuckling in the background.

Good times. :D