Page 73 of 670 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 10038

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Dollars to donuts says that means that Wanda will appear in the next Avengers film.

Normally I'm not that cynical, but just looking at how Marvel promotes things these days, they seem very linked to the movies. Many actions seem less organic and more targeted to promote their larger ventures.

And I'm a little torn about this. I dislike the way Marvel does these things, as it feels very manipulative and superficial. But, at the same time, I am happy that Wanda is being used again in a heroic capacity after being sidelined for many, many years.
    I don't see that as the case with Wanda. She has been absent for so long, and arguably missed out on the crest that shaped the modern reader's perceptions of the Avengers.

I think editorial suggesting she be used is just them trying to get her face out there. Not as the mutant killing demon, but as a heroine.

If she were to appear in the next film(s) though, I wouldn't be sad about it. They've done aces with everyone they've put up on screen.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I don't see that as the case with Wanda. She has been absent for so long, and arguably missed out on the crest that shaped the modern reader's perceptions of the Avengers.

I think editorial suggesting she be used is just them trying to get her face out there. Not as the mutant killing demon, but as a heroine.

If she were to appear in the next film(s) though, I wouldn't be sad about it. They've done aces with everyone they've put up on screen.
    I don't mind her being featured more, either. I like the character and I was disappointed with the direction Marvel went with her character with Disassembled and beyond, turning her into a weak willed and insane lunatic. And I certainly would be happy with seeing her on the big screen (although adapting her powers might be a smidge difficult).

That being said, I can't help but feel that there is probably an ulterior motive with this. Like launching a Guardians of the Galaxy ongoing and promoting it like hell right around the same time the movie was announced. Or changing Hawkeye's costume to match his movie counterpart. Or introducing "Nick Fury Jr." All of these events don't seem organic and seem like a cloying attempt to try and ape off the success of the films, while at the same time underestimating the intelligence of the readers.

Could Wanda's current push be a genuine desire to promote her character? Absolutely. Given this company's current history, is there also a strong possibility that it is being done to tie into their major motion pictures? I certainly believe that as well.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    CJ asked in the Fearless Defenders Q&A thread whether Wanda would be appearing. Interesting answer:

It seems editorial has taken an interest in the Witch.
    Sweet! Hopefully she shows up to kill off "Warrior Woman".

That would Make Fearless Defenders completely amazing! :D
    Thank You So much Pepper for Posting this Great News that the makers of "Fearless Defenders" Told me Yesterday. I am sad that I forgot to add it here, I really Dropped that ball on that one. Thanks for Watching out of me as always Pepper.

This was welcomed new to me and shows that the character might just be on Uncanny Avengers, like Rogue is changing and that make me Very Happy. Wanda need to be put on more books and Fearless would be great.

I have not been keeping up with Hickman's Avengers, would you all think Wanda would be Good their as well?
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Veteran Member

Hahaha! Yeah, never mind. I was...eight. I think Pac-Man was my favorite show at the time. :p
    When I 8,(remember,this was around 1973) I remember watching Speed Buggy (voiced by the late Mel Blanc),the Pebbles and Bamm Bamm show,Sea lab 2020,Scooby-Doo,Where are you,several live action Sid and Marty Krofft shows(Sigman and the Sea Monsters,HR Puffinstuff,Lidsville) Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch.Around the time I was 5,I was living in Detroit,so we picked up CBC channel 9 out Windsor.So I remember watching Canadian Children's programing.The Friendly Giant,Mr.Dressup and Polka Dot Door were the Canadian children's shows I remember watching.(If they were before your time,ask you parents about them.:p)

Lightbulb

Dollars to donuts says that means that Wanda will appear in the next Avengers film.

Normally I'm not that cynical, but just looking at how Marvel promotes things these days, they seem very linked to the movies. Many actions seem less organic and more targeted to promote their larger ventures.

And I'm a little torn about this. I dislike the way Marvel does these things, as it feels very manipulative and superficial. But, at the same time, I am happy that Wanda is being used again in a heroic capacity after being sidelined for many, many years.

I don't mind her being featured more, either. I like the character and I was disappointed with the direction Marvel went with her character with Disassembled and beyond, turning her into a weak willed and insane lunatic. And I certainly would be happy with seeing her on the big screen (although adapting her powers might be a smidge difficult).

That being said, I can't help but feel that there is probably an ulterior motive with this. Like launching a Guardians of the Galaxy ongoing and promoting it like hell right around the same time the movie was announced. Or changing Hawkeye's costume to match his movie counterpart. Or introducing "Nick Fury Jr." All of these events don't seem organic and seem like a cloying attempt to try and ape off the success of the films, while at the same time underestimating the intelligence of the readers.

Could Wanda's current push be a genuine desire to promote her character? Absolutely. Given this company's current history, is there also a strong possibility that it is being done to tie into their major motion pictures? I certainly believe that as well.
    I would Say given the Marvel Company Alone I say it might be a hard Feet to do to bring Wanda to the Big Screen. But in recent Years, especially since Iron Man in 2008 they have been doing better at least attempting to bring their heroes Mainstream.

Also, with the Help of Disney not only Financial, band creative resource and talent, but Disney can know how to Market ideas to mainstream Family and Kids. I was surprised but then Happy that out of all the Companies that could have bought Marvel that it was Disney, cause of their Long History of putting out High quality entertainment and show that they seem to Care about the work they put into something, not always successes all the time, but they do better than most.

They where able to do Thor pretty decent and if they can do attempt that, then I want to see them do Wanda. Maybe at the beginning keep the hexes simple and come up with the idea it comes from magical sourse. That has marketed well with the Harry Potter series, since magic their can do most anything anyways.

No matter what happens I really like to see Wanda in a Movie, live action and who would play her too. No matter what though I give credit to the industries cause they are at least trying to make their heroes movie worthy and that I give them applause for.

In the end the Path Wanda was on the past decade is well coming to an end, Thank God, and in this new Era I think Marvel got the message, especially from their Movies that Fans and audience want to see Heroes being Heroes, and Wanda is Very Suited for that, when used right.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

^^ That looks like something Nico (from the Runaways) would wear.

I can't help but feel that there is probably an ulterior motive with this.
    I doubt we'll be seeing Wanda on the big screen anytime soon but I know what you mean. There was some pushing during CC and AvX but I thought that was just to introduce the character back into comics. Maybe it's to help promote UA or the game? Hmm...

Anyway, it's a good time to be a fan of Marvel women, in general.

BANNED

I doubt we'll be seeing Wanda on the big screen anytime soon but I know what you mean. There was some pushing during CC and AvX but I thought that was just to introduce the character back into comics. Maybe it's to help promote UA or the game? Hmm...

Anyway, it's a good time to be a fan of Marvel women, in general.
    I don't know. I didn't think Marvel would use Thanos as the main villain for the sequel or develop a Guardians of the Galaxy film, but they did. And Marvel DOES have the rights to use the character (I believe that they can use them, but not refer to their lineage to Magento since his movie rights belong to Fox) so I don't think it would be unexpected if the Scarlet Witch was featured in the sequel. I mean, Whedon DOES love strong, capable women. And the Avengers are a bit of a sausage fest at the moment.

That looks so cute and festive!

From what I think, we probably won't get Wanda till the magic side of Marvel has been introduced via Dr. Strange.

Like how Thanos heralded the GotG and Cosmic push Marvel is doing, I imagine the magic portion of the MU coming with the introduction of the biggest name in Magic.

Since Marvel will be set trying to introduce some big guns to take on Thanos by Avengers 2, I'd hope.
    Collecting- Uncanny Avengers, ANXM, C&XF, Uncanny X-men, Superior Spider-Man, Superior Team Up, New Avengers, Superior Foes, Black Widow, ANXF, GotG.

Dropped- Hawkeye, Thunderbolts.

Thumbs up

You are Right, She does. Good Catch.

Anyway, it's a good time to be a fan of Marvel women, in general.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That looks so cute and festive!
    Thanks Psyknight, it Reminder me Allot of the Gyspy Costume she had.

Indeed, 2013 and Marvel NOW is turning out to be a Big Time period for Marvel Women, and count me In Hugely in that Fan Base, with Wanda leading the way.

i want to see the definitive videogame wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i want to see the definitive videogame wanda.
    She was quite useful in X-Men Legens 2, and by far my favorite character (mostly because she's my...favorite character), but I don't think "definitive" works.

She looks pretty snazzy in that new Marvel game (the Diablo clone one), but I don't know how my computer will handle that one (Diablo 3 is pretty choppy for me). :(

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    She was quite useful in X-Men Legens 2, and by far my favorite character (mostly because she's my...favorite character), but I don't think "definitive" works.

She looks pretty snazzy in that new Marvel game (the Diablo clone one), but I don't know how my computer will handle that one (Diablo 3 is pretty choppy for me). :(

Wanda Looks beautiful in the New Game "Marvel Heroes Online". I think it is going to be a Great Game.

Thumbs up

Some New and Great Artwork to Enjoy of the Beautiful and Great Scarlet Witch!

Have a Nice Day Everyone. =)

Scarlet Witch Casting a Spell
    by ~IcarusWing87

Scarlet Witch Sketch
    by ~lilwassu

Mike Mayhew Original SCARLET WITCH Commission

Never mind ^_^
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)