Default SKETCH UPDATE... golden age GREEN LANTERN 10.15.09

We all know that comics fans seem to be giving more love to the Green Lanterns these days... Red Lanterns, Black Lantern... all colors!!! But what about the Lantern that started it all The original golden age Green Lantern... Alan Scott!??
    I love this guy! I love superheroes who wear capes! The original GA Green Lantern has one of the all time coolest costumes. and for that reason the piece below was sheer pleasure to draw... I'm sure that no one's seen Alan Scott look quite like this!

Jacque Nodell if you are out there reading this post, I hope you approve!

S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Default Re: Sketch Update

I just stumbled on this, Stuart -- it is beautiful!!! What a nice ending to the weekend. Was this a commission?

Default Nodell Green Lantern by Stuart Sayger

Hey there Jacque!.. I was wondering if you would stumble across this piece! Yes indeed it was a commission... I created this for a fan who immediately wanted a Golden Age Dr Fate to match! I hope you like it. I can't draw Alan Scott with out thinking of you and your family... You've all been good to me over the years! Glad to see that you've still got comics in the blood.
    (for those of you out there who are interested in some sweet romance comics make sure to check out Jacque's comics blog... Sequential Crush! )
    Here's a direct link for you lazy types!

http://www.sequentialcrush.blogspot.com/
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Aw thanks, Stuart! I would love to see your rendition of some classic '60s/'70s romance girls!!! Now that would be a treat!

Default stuart romance comic!

I'll have to dig it out... but years ago when I was in college I was asked to draw a sign for a friend who was selling his share of a comic shop to his partner... I drew him leaving a girl as a 70's romance comic... he said.. "sorry baby, you can still get your comics from Don." .. The girl had that great vince colletta hair... When I find it, I'll post it here!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Webcomic Cartoonist thecheckeredman's Avatar

FAN-TASTIC!

Alan is and always be my favorite GL.
    Check out my webcomic, TALES OF A CHECKERED MAN!