Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by robel g View Post
    ooooh nice art. I love the wolverine piece, real intense! Do you have a personal website?

No, sorry. I keep hearing it's the thing to do. Maybe soon.

Searching the web and trying to learn how to paint digitally. It's been hard to find any that are super specific. But, combining several I have put the pieces together and this is an attempt at making it all happen....sort of. There is something missing though. Does anyone have links to some really super specific tutorials or advice on technique? I would love to study them. Anywayz, Here is some warmups of anatomy/ attempt at digital painting.

I am very thankful for this time to practice my craft. Nothing special here, but backgrounds are a part of it.

Default Wolverine Vs Hulk

As I was doing this commission Saturday, My two year old boy kept growling HULK SMASH! HULK SMASH! I think I'll make him a print and frame it for his wall as well.

Default Havoc

Made some tweeks. I would really love some feed back from you guys and gals. PLEASE dont lurk. I am interested in anyone's feedback. Thanks

Love the heavy blacks, and the pained facial expression.
    What WERE They Thinking?
    Updated Monday-Friday

"My G-d, guard my tongue from evil, and my lips from speaking deceitfully" (Psalm 34:14).

My comic stash

The Hawk of New York LewMoxinsghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shannonh View Post
    As I was doing this commission Saturday, My two year old boy kept growling HULK SMASH! HULK SMASH! I think I'll make him a print and frame it for his wall as well.

Really nice stuff man, love this one in particular.

I am paranoid about showing original stuff but I'm trying to get over it. Here is one of several monster designs for a story I want to pitch to publishers at New York this year. It's a great story and I'm very excited about it. No super heroes but lots of heroes without powers. Its very gritty and gruesome with stories that are action packed and suspense filled. I hope that the potential is seen in this epic and it becomes a monthly piece in your local comic shop. I dont want to release it as a web comic unless it is turned down by publishers because I dont want to reveal too much of the overall story. Anywayzz......Mustek sux and had to take a picture.

Another warm up that went too far.

Default Morbius kills Spiderman

Another warm up that went too far.

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

I love the background piece! Your facial expressions are also pretty neat. Since you're good at chiaroscuro, I'd push it even more (in a Sienkiewicz sort of way)!

Keep up the good work!

How do you like the cintiq ?
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    I love the background piece! Your facial expressions are also pretty neat. Since you're good at chiaroscuro, I'd push it even more (in a Sienkiewicz sort of way)!

Keep up the good work!

How do you like the cintiq ?

I LOVE my Cintiq! But, it still doesnt take the place of good ol fashion pen and paper.

I do need to take my work to the next level. I grew up, in my ignorance, thinking comic book artists used very little reference. Now because of all the information out on the web, its becoming more and more clear that I didnt have to spend so many years in memorizing anatomy and such. I just needed to build me a giant library of reference. Like Bill Sienkiewicz and sooo many others , I need to follow their lead and get my camera out more often. I just have to keep tellin myself that it's not cheating.

This is a Spiderman pin up for my youngest son's birthday party Saturday. I'm killing two birds with one stone on this one, though. My youngest boy loves Spidey and I'm trying to freshen up my portfolio for New York this year. So it's a win-win.