Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Your sober is in-universe. My sober is real-world. Not the way Marvel characters acted, but the way Marvel editors and PR people acted.

Marvel really did their best to hype this up to high heaven and get as much press as they possibly could.
    Hmm, thought you were talking about the actual wedding, not the surrounding PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Hmm, thought you were talking about the actual wedding, not the surrounding PR.
    Going by your original post "That said, it seems DC/Marvel are keeping it sober when it comes to homosexuality; "They are gay, just deal with it." I figured you were not.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    well it really is the matter of mature writing. sexuality is a part of life, even the more exotic kind. once the writer can write more kinkier characters in stories and not forget that there are other things going on too...

see problem is , even with regular sexy , when a writer gets to work with an artist who can obviously do very sexy characters and poses, they feel that itch to ... try them out so to say...

and the results are often less than story driven

now you take something like bondage.. a massively misunderstood fetish for most.. give it to a writer who doesnt get it....and welll...

i think you can see just how wrong things can go. but again same can be said about pretty much anything if it is written without prior understanding :)
    Yeah, the more fetish side of sexuality, especially BDSM is definitely something that hasn't had a whole lot of more "real life" takes on. That said, there are plenty of the more...fantasy takes in the olden years of comics. I mean, jeez, look at any issue of Claremont's X-Men!

That said--to celebrate this awesome artist being on this board:

Used Member

Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Tickling fetish? You sick PERV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    That's a great picture.

We sometimes forget Wonder Woman began her career as a doctor, inventing a purple ray to save Steve Trevor's life, ..and she did, of course. Astraia the Ax, a character in my weekly online strip, Steak Island, is an homage to Wonder Woman and all the things that used to make her fun to read, in the Golden Age. Booted from Olympus for being too hard on her fellow gods, Astraia is a 'medicine goddess' with an office full of medieval weapons that she uses to scare or torture the HELL right out of the main character, Bullethedd -poor guy. Lol

This will be the first of many appearances, by Astraia the Ax, in the strip.

Last edited by MelDyer; 09-11-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

Used Member

Superman and Wonder Woman have been fighting bad
    guys in deep space. The epilogue to their adventure:
    Last edited by pippl; 09-27-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Drew Edward Johnson

Gemma Arterton is Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_Halsey View Post

Drew Edward Johnson
    Nice artwork, but the cheetah appears to be holding that whip on the wrong hand. In her current stance behind Wonder Woman she'd have to twist her torso unnaturally to be able to spank her with that whip.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison