Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    This? Was pure genius!

Loebs & Deodato could do no wrong as far as I was concerned...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    The funny thing about this outfit, is that Diana chose it herself. She is freed from her traditional WW gear and get up and thus, can choose to wear whatever she wants as a freelance superheroine, and she decides- yep, THIS, black bra, super tiny jacket, double belt, and biker shorts. And she tells her hair dresser "Give me the Joan Jett". This looks gooood. What DC didn't tell you was that this was during Diana's "Crystal Meth" period.
    Think the biker look was less about Diana wanting to look good and more about her wanting to get back at Hippolyta for taking away her outfit and mission. Mothers nightmare; her daughter becomes a 'rebel'.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    And then to make things worse, they revealed some four seasons after her debut in Man's World that she'd stolen her mother's armor (hun!?!), never knew about the iconic Truth Powers of her lasso, and was almost raped by her almost father on-screen in an earlier episode!
    If you're talking about the episode that I think you are, that was season 1.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Yep - the almost-rape took place in season one, but it wasn't until season four that we learned it was her almost/sorta father attempting the raping.

I actually liked that season one episode because it had good scope (for the show at the time) and tried to use some of the WW mythology. But the changes they decided to make were pointless and drastic.

And people still debate the ending of the episode: do you respect Hippolyta for it, or loathe her?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    A twin sister of that non-ww writers I started, Iīd like to see the reverse of the coin.

For ye who are savvy on all things WW history... what were the lowest of the lowest points she has ever reached?

I donīt mean just depowering and turning her into Emma Peel.
    Moments in her history, in her book or others where you just had to roll your eyes.

For me, it will always be Action Comics # 761 - Immortal Beloved.
    The gist of it:
    Superman and Wonder Woman go to Asgard where they spend 1,000 years fighting demons. The night before a great battle they will most likely not come back alive, WW offers herself to Superman and he refuses because he still loves Lois.
    Basically, sheīs used as a tool to show how amazing is Supermanīs love for Lois:
    "- Look, people. Superman loves Lois SO MUCH he wouldnīt sleep not even with Wonder Woman, not even if they spent 1,000 years in asgardian hell with nothing to look forward to but fighting demons."

Yeah, that was pretty horrific! I don't think it can get much worse than that.

Love the first one. Been a while since I have seen that!

Quote Originally Posted by 4PointOh View Post

http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com.br/...mics-2000.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    A twin sister of that non-ww writers I started, Iīd like to see the reverse of the coin.

For ye who are savvy on all things WW history... what were the lowest of the lowest points she has ever reached?

I donīt mean just depowering and turning her into Emma Peel.
    Moments in her history, in her book or others where you just had to roll your eyes.

For me, it will always be Action Comics # 761 - Immortal Beloved.
    The gist of it:
    Superman and Wonder Woman go to Asgard where they spend 1,000 years fighting demons. The night before a great battle they will most likely not come back alive, WW offers herself to Superman and he refuses because he still loves Lois.
    Basically, sheīs used as a tool to show how amazing is Supermanīs love for Lois:
    "- Look, people. Superman loves Lois SO MUCH he wouldnīt sleep not even with Wonder Woman, not even if they spent 1,000 years in asgardian hell with nothing to look forward to but fighting demons."

Hmmm - thanks for the link. Well, even though I agree that Wonder Woman is being used to prop up Lois/Clark, I have to hand it to the artist for the beauty of those panels. Thoughtful, believable art there.

Though even I have to roll my eyes a bit at Diana, rejected, kissing his forehead and saying "it's perfect" like a flippin' saint. And I usually don't get on the Why is Diana Always a Virgin bandwagon...