Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1340

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    it will all be worth it if its revealed next issue that he is still alive...either way as far as im concerned that wasnt daken that was brought back by remender. it was just a lazy excuse. everything i liked about daken was gone in this arc. he wasnt cunning, he wasnt smart, he wasnt manipulative, rather then being this psychotic son of wolverine who pretty much kills cause he can. he became a whining son of wolverine who was weak and easily manipulated...pure laziness by remender...

if hes still alive i really hope the next time his used its by a guy like way...daken has a unique personality and it seems that daniel way is the only one that can get it right. and he proved he still could when he did deadpools dead arc...

where would he fit in???
    i dont know about a thunderbolts team for daken..but i think cyclops extinction team would be great, they could use a character with claws. or have him join with his uncle dog....i dont know

i actually really think dan slott would do a great daken. i loved how daken interacted with characters like tombstone and kingpin and the hand. daken would fit nicely in superior spiderman now thats its a little darker
    That's it exactly! I,too,used to feel this...! and I still have been feeling so!!!
    I read UXF. now, I feel so depressed and helpless, I don't know how to deal with this.

where would he fit in...mmmm. I think his own SOLO book must be the best for him. the next should be a Wolverine family book. third, ALL of Marvel books!
    I actually really think Daken is essentially the lone wolf , but also is the "ALL-ROUNDER". I have complete confidence in his ability with the chemistry between all MARVEL characters. See, Way & Liu's books. Daken is the perfect actor! That's the good relationships between Bullseye, Moonstone, Mac Gargan, Human Torch(!!), the Thing(!), Mystique(!!!!), Tyger Tiger, Gambit(!!!). X-23(!), and even some Old Ladies & Kids(his some tenderness & kindness i love love it!!!)..! I liked their friendships so much! and Way's Deadpool Dead arc is so great..! We saw Daken's truly free, beautiful act by writer's brilliant ability & more his sign of devotion to this boy. That's Daken! I must say that his writers (please!!!) must be devoted to him. so that does mean revealing the best him. (imo)

( Unfortunately, (it seems to me that) Rob Williams didn't know about that at first, He underestimated about Daken's every potential capacity. What he wanted to write was his Crime-Noir, not was Daken himself. (except #20-23, his Excellent job!) and now...I was desperately disappointed with Remender & Noto team, though.. )
    -------

News source :IGN interview
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...f-evil-mutants
    IGN: In the beginning of this arc you introduced the Omega Clan. What inspired you to create these new characters instead of bringing back the original Omega Red?

Remender: It plays a big role in the story. The White Sky and the Omega Clan � who they are plays a big role, and you'll see that come to a head around issue #35. More than anything, it was the convoluted history of the character. I didn't want him to come back as a Frankenstein creature. I really liked the idea that this White Skyfacility � this high-tech human/mutant weaponization program � can take pieces of a dead body and spit out new versions. It felt like a fresh start for a character who had become a little convoluted. I like the idea of the Omega Clan. The three of them look pretty cool together with their arms flying.
    Probably... Omega Black is still alive, if she could come to Daken's rescue, then Daken could survive somehow. :D

that's reasons.
    1) Daken has definitely now regained his healing factor, somehow. We saw the rescue scene of his dad, maybe it's not impossible for Daken, too.
    2) It seems that the picture which dad killed his son is slightly-blurred. (it's deliberately?)
    3) Logan left behind Daken alone. (he didn't buried his son's body, slightly odd)
    4) Remender said in interview, "there might be Two major character's deaths" , We alrady got skinless man and AoA blob.
    5) a lot of Ladies Just simply adore Daken! : ") (Uxf#33, What if Wolverine father, Dark Wolverine series etc.)

but...There is (my) worry that if Daken is really dead, and then...such things really happen to ?

this high-tech human/mutant weaponization program � can take pieces of a dead body and spit out new versions. It felt like a fresh start for a character who had become a little convoluted.
    I thank you, but no thank you. I would consider it unacceptable to this idea. I adore him just the way he is, Anything his good/negative both sides that Way, Liu, Williams, and now Remender, they added to him, also father and son really difficult problem, and even his sadness that not being appreciated from a lot of Maevel universe/creators/fans, all included, I like his every acting books presented thus far so much. so That is unacceptable to this death to "fresh" start.... mmmm X(

and...Omega Black - [White Sky] - Daken ((imo)possibility: Daken is a Owner of the White Sky?, his own secret organization..!? (i know little about this organization, I read UXF after #25- )Omega Black said that "Anything for you, Daken...our Leader..." at UXF#33, i feel her words and actions are unlike Other Members to him. and Daken likes the new things as same as a classic one. the classic Greek drama to My little pony! )
    Last edited by soyokaze; 12-17-2012 at 12:17 AM.

UXF #34. I supposed that Daken had not lost his "human mind/humanity" at that time, he was just scared. but Logan gave himself permission to free his animal nature for kill the "enemy". ... I'm sure that maybe Daken was scared but NOT he was a coward. I think a True coward should be Logan himself, who got the "trigger", that is his normal operating state/mind as usual (that someone says "enjoy work" behind someone's back. //UXF #33 Logan's nasty dream// ) I would say I'm sad for Logan. Wolverine is the Hero, a teacher, a good guy for Everyone, but He Still couldn't become his son's dad = "True Hero" of Daken.

At least, Daken does not have any "not-guilty" licences, not even a costume. so He does not allow anyone to use him. Even if that is the fates, he never allow. No matter what it may be, He follows only His own will. (Dark Wolverine #83) so...instead, (I feel...) maybe He had ever had the "Dreams", When he always had to endure every miserable situation of incredible hardship, he had his Dreams, that were small & stunning "simple" , but such a really beautiful one. it was purely the "normal" dream, which he could have had his family, his love, his life. That was not a A-list Big name (like maybe Quentin has it)....I can't think of how bad/horrible Daken's life had been... It tears my heart apart to think of that. and i feel He was deadly needing his HERO..his Father..!

I feel/understand he should be so naive(sensitive), a delicate (heart/feelings)'s little boy. that's what he is entirely honest with inner himself. but they could be also the "virtue" , not the "vice". (Yukio Mishima said that Brutality(emotion)/Elegance(nervosity) = Samurai mind (That's the brave/courage, the beauty, the honor, ...etc.), Like two sides of a Katana sword, they are in one. combine & balance.) and also he is neither a pure good nor a pure evil, I think he is probably the one who is between(beyond) good and evil, or could be the one like Yin/Yang = the perfect world. so I think Daken isn't a coward, Maybe not now, but He can be even a true brave man one day. (imo)
    Last edited by soyokaze; 06-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dark wolverine #81.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	105077

love cammos art

does anyone know where this image is from???

Name:	what was this from.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	105083
    Last edited by jameszahra; 11-30-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    UXF #34. I supposed that Daken had not lost his "human mind" at that time, he was just scared. but Logan gave himself permission to free his animal nature for kill the "enemy". ... I think Daken was probably scared but NOT was a coward. a True coward should be Logan, who got the "trigger". its his normal operating state/mind as usual (that someone says "enjoy work" behind someone's back. //UXF #33 Logan's nasty dream// ) I'm sad for Logan. Wolverine is the Hero, a teacher, a goodguy for everyone, but He still couldn't become his son's dad = the "True Hero".

At least, Daken does not have any "not-guilty" licences, even a costume. so He does not allow anyone to use him. Even if that the fates. No matter what it may be. He follows only His own will. (Dark Wolverine #83) so...instead, He had the "Dream", When he always had to endure every miserable situation of incredible hardship, he had his Dream, that small & "simple" , but such a beautiful one. it was purely the "normal" dream that his family, his love, his life. it was not a A-list Big name (like maybe Quentin has it).

I know he should be so naive, a delicate (heart/feelings)'s little boy. but they could be also the "virtue" , not the "vice". (Yukio Mishima said that Brutality(emotions)/Elegance(nervousness) = Samurai mind (it's the brave, the beauty, the honor, ...etc.), Like two sides of a Katana sword, they are in one. combine & balance.) and also he is neither a pure good nor a pure evil, I think he is probably the one who is between(beyond) good and evil, or could be the one like Yin/Yang = perfect world. so I think Daken isn't a coward, He can be even a true brave man oneday. (imo)
    not sure what u were trying to say wit all of that but from what i picked up i agree

does anyone know where this image is from???

Name:	what was this from.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	105083
    I think that is from an issue of New Avengers during Dark Reign. Looks like Stuart I. art.
    My Canon > Your Canon

not sure what u were trying to say wit all of that but from what i picked up i agree
    Thank you, I think you're right. "(there's) no one like him. He is the fascinating Mystery.(Dark Wolverine#81)" I love such him, too. and also I must admit that my thoughts were just merely my own "search for truth" (of him) after all. Daken deserves more than that.
    Umm, maybe I'm so starving to see his adventures! x'( More Daken. Marvel please, I hope he is alive!!!
    Last edited by soyokaze; 12-17-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    Thank you, I think you're right. "(there's) no one like him. He is the Mystery.(Dark Wolverine#81)" I love such him, too. and also I must admit that my thoughts were just merely my own "search for truth" (of him) after all. Daken deserves more than that.
    Umm, maybe I'm so starving to see his adventures! x'( More Daken. Marvel please, I hope he is alive!!!
    I've just now realized my fatal grammatical error. My sincere apologies for my mistakes and the following misleading statement. (It was about that sentence, "No one like him." but What I meant to say was that "There's no one like him").

especially, I extend my genuine, deep apologies to you, jameszahra. I'm really sorry for making you uncomfortable by my awful mistakes. I'm so sorry...

Again, with my many apologies.

All good man no worries

So I just read the final Daken tpbs, No More Heroes. I do like that the series did have a sense of closure. What did you guys think about that final issue with Donna... it was pretty crazy?
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    So I just read the final Daken tpbs, No More Heroes. I do like that the series did have a sense of closure. What did you guys think about that final issue with Donna... it was pretty crazy?
    didnt like that issue to much, it was a little odd for daken to behave like that. i really think that was just rob williams trying to take daken down a different path...

as far as no more heroes goes.....
    the good
    daken starts using his brain again and manipulating everyone.
    daken heads back to new york
    daken dialogue was great...
    daken puts his costume back on
    daken kOs thing and mr fantastic

the bad
    daken dies
    daken breaks his alliance with the ff
    the art was very very average
    story ended with no explanation

over all it was the better half of rob williams half of the book but it still wasnt up to the standard of the first 9 issues...

what did u think of the series overall?

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

over all it was the better half of rob williams half of the book but it still wasnt up to the standard of the first 9 issues...
    what did u think of the series overall?
    I know that was not aimed at me, I but love Daken so wanted to answer. I actually think your first sentence summed it up perfectly. Williams' Daken wasn't awful... but just not in the same league as Liu's AND... even then, Liu's Daken was greatest when he had a team to play with. Daken needs a LARGE supporting cast to manipulate; he needs to be a member of the Hellfire Club next time he gets a shot at a solo series; to have plenty of mice to play with.

Also... how sad is it that the ONLY LGBT solo star Marvel's had was killed twice in one year.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

My overall thoughts on Daken...

At first I extremely disliked Daken. This was back in Wolverine Origins. I thought it his design was silly; the hair and tattoos are usually lost on comic characters because they are forgotten or not drawn the same. Origins was sadly a bad series. I didn't like the concept of Daken or X-23, Wolverine is already over exposed and now we need clones and children to fill the books he is not in. I don't particularly like when comic characters have kids because its ages them and doesn't work long term, however Wolverine is the one character that doesn't really affect. Origins was a pretty self contained series so it was easy to just ignore it.

Suddenly Dark Reign happened. I was a huge fan of Ellis Thunderbolts and suddenly Bendis revamped them in the Dark Avengers, who would appear everywhere. Daken was someone who was no longer self contained or irrelevant. The original Dark Avengers team is one of my all time favorite teams. While the writing wasn't as good as Ellis Thunderbolts the team dynamics were more interesting. What happens when you put a group of only psychos together and try and make them try to be heroic? It was like watching a time bomb count down or slowly driving past a car accident. Suddenly characters like Bullseye and Ares seem less crazy because the sum of crazy was even worse. Mixed in with the hype of Dark Reign, my love of Dark Avengers, and the acclaim the book was getting I decided to pick up Dark Wolverine.

I was blown away by Liu's inner narrative for Daken. The philosophical, the confidence, and yet psychopathic nature made Daken so interesting and yet somehow likable and relatable. In that way he is very similar to Dexter Morgan, from Dexter, whom I am a huge fan of.

Something worth mentioning is Daken's bisexuality. This was also something that made me want to pick up the book. It wasn't the reason to keep getting the book if I didn't enjoy it, but was a reason to check it out. I support the LBGT characters and was excited that this one was a new character yet still rooted to mainstream through Wolverine. We can debate whether or not he is good exposure for the LBGT community or not since he is a villain and promiscuous, but I still welcome it. I still say some exposure is better than none, because it can lead to better later. It was still progress and guess what? The series was good either way!

As Siege, Dark Avengers, and Dark Wolverine came to an end I was surprised that Marvel was continuing to support a Daken on-going. I thought it was smart of Marvel to accept Wolverine as his on franchise and publish Daken, X-23, and Uncanny X-Force as such.

What hurt Daken at the very start of the revamp was losing the Dark Avengers. He became known but less relevant and lost his supporting cast. A supporting cast that was filled with already established and popular characters. Liu still had a great grasp at the character though. We got to see him interact with Mystique, Gambit, X-23, and the Fantastic Four. I thought his relationship with Human Torch was very interesting. It is something I wish was explored more (in fact if anyone has links to interviews with Liu on this I would love to read it). Liu then suddenly left the book and the character she developed and put on the map right after the revamp. I was rather shocked at this especially since she was staying with X-23 (a series that did not seem to get the buzz or acclaim Daken did and lasted a much shorter time when you take into account Dark Wolverine issues before the revamp). To me, a writer should stay on a title for a longer period of time to not only help make a name for themselves but also establish the priority they propelled forward.

Enter Rob Williams. Williams had a different writing style for the book but it still fit Daken. At first there was some adjusting to the differences but you once you got into you realized he had a decent handle on the character. Williams tried to build a supporting cast for Daken through Donna. Donna was interesting, part of me liked her and part of me didn't. Their relationship seemed too bouncy for me. I understood the parallel she was to Daken but not their relationship with each other. I think she clouded the book more than enhanced it.

Another factor was the art... it was boring. We lost this really beautiful art that was great at capturing Daken's manipulate or subtle responses. We lost the lively art which helped make Daken bounce off the page.

I was bummed, but not surprised when I heard the book was cancelled. And while it stinks Daken "died" at the end it was also a fitting end to the series. I was glad the book felt like it ended and wasn't just cancelled. I agree Williams later half was better than his first on the series. His last arc in particular felt like was really bringing Daken back to the basics. And while I want to read more and don't want him to die, I am aware this is comic books... the dead rarely stay dead. No Daken not being a household name certainly had the possibility to be in limbo for a long period of time. But wait he is back in the uber popular and acclaimed Uncanny X-Force. Making him probably more relevant than his relaunched solo did. While many on here seem to dislike his involvement in the title, I welcomed it. Just like with the sexuality issue, more exposure leads to better later on. A reader of UXF might have found Daken interesting and pick up his solo, etc. And yes he "died"... again... but that's the point... he just came back. Why would he not be able to come back again? If anything his inclusion in UXF gives more reason for him to come back again.

And that is something I look forward too.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I loved the way Williams ended the arc. Daken yanked every heroes chain that was there. Once I read a review that talked about the nihilism in the book I really liked it. Daken wanted to subvert the hero. I think Remender tried to have Daken do that sort of stuff too but I don't think it worked as well

You think this new deadly team member could be daken??? Just read this. It's just a thought that's all

THUNDERBOLTS #6 & 7
    Daniel Way (W)
    ISSUE #6 - STEVE DILLON (A)
    ISSUE #7 - PHIL NOTO (A)
    ISSUE #6 - Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    ISSUE #7 - Cover by GIUSEPPI CAMUNCOLI
    Issue #6
    • The team reaches the bloody end of their first mission!
    • The final deadly team member is revealed!
    Issue #7
    Emotions run high!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Parental Advisory ...$2.99 (EACH)

All these guys have had something to do with the character in a big way
    -way created him
    -Steve dillon drew him in origins
    -Phil noto just drew him
    -and camuncoli follows daken everywhere???