Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1340

what a waste, good job remender. u killed another character for nothing....and the way he died didnt even make sense

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    I'm disappointed that he got resurrected.
    Especially as the leader of a new Brotherhood, he doesn't fit one bit.

Daken is a Psycho for Hire, a killer to be sent on targets, no leader.
    completly disagree. hes not for hire..and hes never sent to targets...
    hes a master manipulator with no regard for anyone but himself

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    completly disagree. hes not for hire..and hes never sent to targets...
    hes a master manipulator with no regard for anyone but himself
    *cough* Dark Reign *cough* Norman Osborn
    Maybe he was still primary acting for his own, but he was definitely the attack dog of the team.

And that doesn't change that he really isn't a leader type.
    Shadow King would have fullfilled this role better.

I think Daken definitely fits as a leader. I'm not saying he is a good leader, but his penchant for manipulation would make him want to be in charge or close to power. Him coming up with a plan to mess with Wolverine and assembling the people to do it is totally in character in my eyes. Him doing all of this because he wants Sabretooth to be his dad and is being manipulated? I didn't see Daken as someone who is too easily manipulated. He faced that in his solo series and that manipulator had a lot more going for him than Sabretooth did

what a waste, good job remender. u killed another character for nothing....and the way he died didnt even make sense
    Well Daken was already dead. So the way I see it he did us a favor by bringing him back and using him in such a major title.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    *cough* Dark Reign *cough* Norman Osborn
    Maybe he was still primary acting for his own, but he was definitely the attack dog of the team.

And that doesn't change that he really isn't a leader type.
    Shadow King would have fullfilled this role better.
    if u read dark wolverine. u find out that dark reign was all an act. he was plotting to kill osborn the whole time...he was no ones weapon

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well Daken was already dead. So the way I see it he did us a favor by bringing him back and using him in such a major title.
    He brought him back to take a dump on him. He brought him back so that Sabretooth could manipulate him into dying by being his surrogate father

Quote Originally Posted by JamesProudstar View Post
    He brought him back to take a dump on him. He brought him back so that Sabretooth could manipulate him into dying by being his surrogate father
    My point still stands. Daken is not a large character yet. The biggest thing he has done was Dark Avengers. Outside of that he has been pretty self contained in his solo title with little impact on universe. Having him in this title adds to his exposure and impact. And the fact that its a popular and critrical acclaimed title furthers that.

Sadly for us Daken fans I wouldn't say he is in high demand or a top priority for Marvel, had he not been used here he probably wouldn't have been used at all. Especially since... he was already dead. So he is at the exact same place he was before but with more exposure. Seems likes a win for Daken fans to me. I don't think he was written poorly, or out of character; he just killed him at the end.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Your argument is that this arc increased Daken's exposure and impact and without it he would still be dead and no better off. You claim it as a win for Daken fans. I couldn't disagree more. I agree that his exposure has increased, but I would argue this storyline takes away from the impact of the character. Also any time a character adds another death and rez and death to their bio I don't count that as being in the same place. That is being in a worse place.

Daken is a manipulative nihilist. I enjoyed reading his stories. In this arc, not only does he not read like Daken but he came back in order to be a pawn, and ultimately, to die again. The whole purpose of the character in the story is to afflict Wolverine with a Jason Aaron plotline retread and to make Sabretooth some manipulative dude. This isn't increasing Daken's impact at all or his worth as a character. If he had been the true leader like it was hinted earlier? Cool. He wins respect for being able to bring together a Brotherhood and do all that. That increases his impact as a villain. Now? Hell naw he looks like a fool

If Uncle Ben was brought back for some stupid storyline and then killed at the end of it I don't think most Uncle Ben fans would automatically say, "Well Uncle Ben was already dead. So the way I see it he did us a favor by bringing him back and using him in such a major title."

Quote Originally Posted by JamesProudstar View Post
    Your argument is that this arc increased Daken's exposure and impact and without it he would still be dead and no better off. You claim it as a win for Daken fans. I couldn't disagree more. I agree that his exposure has increased, but I would argue this storyline takes away from the impact of the character. Also any time a character adds another death and rez and death to their bio I don't count that as being in the same place. That is being in a worse place.

Daken is a manipulative nihilist. I enjoyed reading his stories. In this arc, not only does he not read like Daken but he came back in order to be a pawn, and ultimately, to die again. The whole purpose of the character in the story is to afflict Wolverine with a Jason Aaron plotline retread and to make Sabretooth some manipulative dude. This isn't increasing Daken's impact at all or his worth as a character. If he had been the true leader like it was hinted earlier? Cool. He wins respect for being able to bring together a Brotherhood and do all that. That increases his impact as a villain. Now? Hell naw he looks like a fool

If Uncle Ben was brought back for some stupid storyline and then killed at the end of it I don't think most Uncle Ben fans would automatically say, "Well Uncle Ben was already dead. So the way I see it he did us a favor by bringing him back and using him in such a major title."
    It sounds like your only arguement is that he wasn't the actual leader of the Brotherhood. I understand, but thats not a huge issue for me. It still fits in his character. This is nothing remotely like Uncle Ben, its not even a reach. It is apples and oranges. Either way the exposure outways the death considering comic characters come back all the time and he would have still just been in limbo.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I loved Uncanny X-Force. Until....Remender, after Williams, made Daken completely OOC again. >: (
    Favorites Daken, Northstar, Wolverine, Phoenix
    Pull List: Astonishing X-Men, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor

during nycc, jeph lobe said in his interview that daken and sabertooth will head down a path no one will have guessed....lets hope thats a good thing.
    Wonder if that guy had dreamed that... I'm still waiting for Remender's (or whoever annnounced it) announcement that we will get to know how Daken survived his first death...
    I am still pissed. I can't even summarize how pissed off I am...

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    Thanks, Daken's Girl. As one of Daken fans, I've always gotten encouragement from your messages for Daken and all of the members on threads. I'm very pleased to meet you. I'm a non-native English reader. I, probably have full of grammar mistakes, and do not know much about the nuances and the differences of language. so, I am so sorry about this to All of you forum members. Thank you.
    Nice to meet you too. ;) I'm a non-native speaker too, so don't you worry about mistakes. ;)
    Favorites Daken, Northstar, Wolverine, Phoenix
    Pull List: Astonishing X-Men, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It sounds like your only arguement is that he wasn't the actual leader of the Brotherhood. I understand, but thats not a huge issue for me. It still fits in his character. This is nothing remotely like Uncle Ben, its not even a reach. It is apples and oranges. Either way the exposure outways the death considering comic characters come back all the time and he would have still just been in limbo.
    it will all be worth it if its revealed next issue that he is still alive...either way as far as im concerned that wasnt daken that was brought back by remender. it was just a lazy excuse. everything i liked about daken was gone in this arc. he wasnt cunning, he wasnt smart, he wasnt manipulative, rather then being this psychotic son of wolverine who pretty much kills cause he can. he became a whining son of wolverine who was weak and easily manipulated...pure laziness by remender...

if hes still alive i really hope the next time his used its by a guy like way...daken has a unique personality and it seems that daniel way is the only one that can get it right. and he proved he still could when he did deadpools dead arc...

where would he fit in???
    i dont know about a thunderbolts team for daken..but i think cyclops extinction team would be great, they could use a character with claws. or have him join with his uncle dog....i dont know

i actually really think dan slott would do a great daken. i loved how daken interacted with characters like tombstone and kingpin and the hand. daken would fit nicely in superior spiderman now thats its a little darker
    Last edited by jameszahra; 11-22-2012 at 03:37 PM.

^Summed up my feeling's for Remender's Daken

it will all be worth it if its revealed next issue that he is still alive...either way as far as im concerned that wasnt daken that was brought back by remender. it was just a lazy excuse. everything i liked about daken was gone in this arc. he wasnt cunning, he wasnt smart, he wasnt manipulative, rather then being this psychotic son of wolverine who pretty much kills cause he can. he became a whining son of wolverine who was weak and easily manipulated...pure laziness by remender...

if hes still alive i really hope the next time his used its by a guy like way...daken has a unique personality and it seems that daniel way is the only one that can get it right. and he proved he still could when he did deadpools dead arc...

where would he fit in???
    i dont know about a thunderbolts team for daken..but i think cyclops extinction team would be great, they could use a character with claws. or have him join with his uncle dog....i dont know
    I would say on Liu got it right, not Way. Daken was fairly uninteresting in Wolverine Origins. And Daken has only really been in a solo title, so of course were going to lose part of him when he is just a villain in a team book.
    My Canon > Your Canon