Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: EXCLUSIVE: Segovia's "Project Superpowers" Covers

Courtesy of Dynamite Entertainment, CBR brings you a exclusive first looks at Stephen Segovia's covers for "Project Superpowers: Chapter Two" #4-5. Check 'em out!

Full article here.

Loves the ignore button jason_w's Avatar

The only thing that draws me to the Super Powers line are Alex Ross' covers. I think it's the only thing that the line has going for it (unfortunately).

So, these time displaced women from the 1940's have been in the present for what?, a few days storywise and already their asses are hanging out the back of their outfits?

I didn't mind Bloodlust's cheekless outfit because I felt it made a interesting contrast to the simpler and more demure costumes of the 40's superheros but this strikes me as......dumb.

And on top of that the artwork isn't very good.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Lupek View Post
    So, these time displaced women from the 1940's have been in the present for what?, a few days storywise and already their asses are hanging out the back of their outfits?

I didn't mind Bloodlust's cheekless outfit because I felt it made a interesting contrast to the simpler and more demure costumes of the 40's superheros but this strikes me as......dumb.

And on top of that the artwork isn't very good.
    Totally agree.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

I think as a penciler, he's definitely growing by leaps and bounds. And, I like the style better when it's not being painted over by the colorist.

But, the sensibilities are all wrong for these characters. They should be classy-sultry sexy not girls-gone-wild slutty sexy.

And, way to go to spoil a major plot point in the solicitation. Sure, it's set up rather obviously in the last issue, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Love View Post
    But, the sensibilities are all wrong for these characters. They should be classy-sultry sexy not girls-gone-wild slutty sexy.
    Totally agree. Definitely not getting these covers....