Page 42 of 187 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    So what do you guys think of the latest version of Namor?
    There goes the end of his friend ship with Black Panther and Cap.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    He can do better.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    He can do better.
    pretty sure namor was done with bp and cap when the avengers staged an invasion on his house.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    pretty sure namor was done with bp and cap when the avengers staged an invasion on his house.
    By "his house" you mean landing on the surface and demanding Hope from the X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    By "his house" you mean landing on the surface and demanding Hope from the X-Men?
    look who gets a gold star today.

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    nah, they've been through a lot over the years. they'll patch things up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    A plan all along by Doom? Genius In my mind the only way they would lose is when they inevitable betray each other lol.
    Yes! Of course, it's waaaay too late now. And that is how it seems to work out with them, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it's amazing. it looks like he's literally killing beast and wolverine, so i'm in heaven. i want that image framed on a wall or something.
    LOL! Your enthusiasm, as always, is refreshing, Aces. I admit, I printed out a copy for my office, until I can get my hands on the comic.... which I may have to buy multiple issues of, for decorating purposes of course. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    After this event is over, the time is ripe for the picking on getting him a new solo.
    Man, I wish! I wish Gillen would move his pitch for a Namor ongoing to the front burner, instead of the back.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    The problem with those Namor cards is that they always leave out his "Abs" stat (10, of course)
    Agreed! And where's the 'fluency in a tongue all understand" stat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    I hate the Phoenix Five costume.

Give him a vest or something like one of his previous costumes, but just having the sleeves and shoulder pads and nothing else just makes him look like a douche.

But I guess that is the course, none of the five really pull it off except maybe Magik but given she was rocking generic X uniform before hand, it is obviously an improvement.
    You mean because he's showing off his torso? I don't know. That's the natural look for Namor for me. It's the long sleeves and pants, and OMG, gloves, that I don't get. ESPECIALLY with the bare torso. But like you said, I think Magik and Emma got most of the redesign attention, while Namor and Colossus got the 'throw some red and black on them' treatment. I was hoping it would look better when Copiel, the designer, drew it, but it still hasn't really grabbed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You mean because he's showing off his torso? I don't know. That's the natural look for Namor for me. It's the long sleeves and pants, and OMG, gloves, that I don't get. ESPECIALLY with the bare torso. But like you said, I think Magik and Emma got most of the redesign attention, while Namor and Colossus got the 'throw some red and black on them' treatment. I was hoping it would look better when Copiel, the designer, drew it, but it still hasn't really grabbed me.
    I got no problem with Namor showing the chest but the sleeves... without any trace of a top aside from shoulder pads... it is ridiculous.

But then again, I guess that is the Marvel way of giving fanservice for those that are into that thing, even though it makes no sense. His old look with the vest and the wing at the back honestly would have made more sense and kept with the Phoenix five style I think but what we got just baffles me as to why any entity would think that makes sense for a costume. And to make it worst the pic you posted just made me realize they made thumbless gloves.

Dear crap this all might just be a case of failed incorporation of S&M designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    I got no problem with Namor showing the chest but the sleeves... without any trace of a top aside from shoulder pads... it is ridiculous.

But then again, I guess that is the Marvel way of giving fanservice for those that are into that thing, even though it makes no sense. His old look with the vest and the wing at the back honestly would have made more sense and kept with the Phoenix five style I think but what we got just baffles me as to why any entity would think that makes sense for a costume. And to make it worst the pic you posted just made me realize they made thumbless gloves.

Dear crap this all might just be a case of failed incorporation of S&M designs.
    Heh ... You could be right. Someone at Heroes Con, I think it was either Hickman or Fraction, said the reason why Namor's Phoenix Five costume had those tights, was because it originally was supposed to be just chaps. But TPTB decided that was too much and went with the red speedo and tights. Somewhere, it may have been the infinite comic, it was said that the Phoenix was supposed to amplify the personality of the character, and considering how much the sexual aspect of Namor has been emphasized in the X-Men, I wouldn't be surprised if that was some of the 'reasoning' behind this costume.

I did notice before I left that Namor was the only one of the Phoenix 5 whose costume doesn't have a phoenix emblem. I asked Hickman if there was a reason for that or if it meant something, and he said it didn't. Of course, if it DID mean something, I'm not sure he would / could have told me, eh?

Other News from Heroes Con ...

I also asked Hickman if Namor fans were going to be happy by the end of AvX? He said, yes, he thought they would. But they would be REALLY happy at the end of the year. I've no idea what that means, and of course, Hickman didn't elucidate. I'm just thrilled to have gotten that much from him.

Fraction said Namor would be back in Defenders soon, like #10 or #11. He also seemed very much to like the idea of Nemo being Namor's dad.

Gage confirmed Hobo Namor's appearance in New X-Men would make Namor an amnesiac bum for decades.

Found out that Ed McGuiness is a Namor fan! And he loves the John Buscema Silver Age Namor, and wants to see Namor return to glory as kick a$$ king! He even pitched that that idea for a Namor ongoing and was told Namor was off the table! I've no idea what that means, but whatever is keeping him off the table better be something HUGE.

I wore all three of my Namor shirts so I found a few Namor fans, including a gent that had the awesome ankle wing tattoos! Totally awesome con! I picked up some nice Namor loot, but will have to wait till tomorrow for scans. I'm sure I've forgotten some news, but I'm exhausted.

Sounds like Namor's going to get his own book, or at least a prominent role in a new team book.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Sounds like Namor's going to get his own book, or at least a prominent role in a new team book.
    I would be stunned if they gave Namor another ongoing. Ecstatic, but stunned. I'm not sure when McGuiness asked about doing a Namor book, either. It could have been around the time he was put on the X-books. Hickman's hint, however, was for late in the year, and I've no idea what it could be, what with the shake ups after AvX.

As for a team book ... well, I guess it's possible, but I'm not really seeing it on the X-books. Unless Emma gets a team.

BANNED

I would read a book starring Namor, Emma, and Sue. You know, in a purely professional working relationship. Also, this

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...nd+me#/d4m4dcw

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I would read a book starring Namor, Emma, and Sue. You know, in a purely professional working relationship. Also, this

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§io...nd+me#/d4m4dcw
    I LOVE that Walko cover! A great take on the classic FF#4 and even more importantly -- it's so funny.

I think a book with Namor, Emma and Sue, would very much have to be done by Walko in this Archie style. Otherwise, it would be a very short run. LOL! I think Hickman is the only one that's actually done on panel scenes with them -- which were barbed fun. Unless count the dream sequence in Namor the First Mutant.

I think it would be great if Namor re-joined the Avengers at the end of AvX.