Page 56 of 185 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 2771
  1. #826
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    "i cannot fathom its purpose!"

  2. #827
    Senior Member NamorsTrident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    This made my morning. Namor vs the Universe meme on tumblr. Hysterical stuff.



    There's more:

    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/namor-v-the-universe
    lol. This is great Rheged.

  3. #828
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,544

    Default

    Found the late 60's to mid 70's run of Prince Namor the Submariner, and really thinking about getting it if I can get it for a decent price. Any issues in particular that I should look out for?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  4. #829
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Found the late 60's to mid 70's run of Prince Namor the Submariner, and really thinking about getting it if I can get it for a decent price. Any issues in particular that I should look out for?
    issue 5 is the origin story and introduction for tiger shark. issue 6 is a big fight between namor and him.

    issue 8 is a great battle between him and ben grimm.

    issue 19 is the first confrontation between namor and stingray.

    issue 20 is a namor/dr. doom story.

    issue 36-39 deals with the death of lady dorma, major trolling by llyra, namor going nuts.

    issues 47 and 48 is another dr. doom story.

    issues 52 and 53 is a hilarious team-up with sunfire.

    issue 58-60 is the introduction of tamara rann and atlantis conquering new york city.

    issue 67, namor gets his black and gold costume.

    namorita is pretty much his sidekick for most of the later issues until the end. hope that helps!

  5. #830
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    issue 5 is the origin story and introduction for tiger shark. issue 6 is a big fight between namor and him.

    issue 8 is a great battle between him and ben grimm.

    issue 19 is the first confrontation between namor and stingray.

    issue 20 is a namor/dr. doom story.

    issue 36-39 deals with the death of lady dorma, major trolling by llyra, namor going nuts.

    issues 47 and 48 is another dr. doom story.

    issues 52 and 53 is a hilarious team-up with sunfire.

    issue 58-60 is the introduction of tamara rann and atlantis conquering new york city.

    issue 67, namor gets his black and gold costume.

    namorita is pretty much his sidekick for most of the later issues until the end. hope that helps!
    Thanks, Aces! This all sounds like something I'll enjoy quite a bit.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  6. #831
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    issue 5 is the origin story and introduction for tiger shark. issue 6 is a big fight between namor and him.

    issue 8 is a great battle between him and ben grimm.

    issue 19 is the first confrontation between namor and stingray.

    issue 20 is a namor/dr. doom story.

    issue 36-39 deals with the death of lady dorma, major trolling by llyra, namor going nuts.

    issues 47 and 48 is another dr. doom story.

    issues 52 and 53 is a hilarious team-up with sunfire.

    issue 58-60 is the introduction of tamara rann and atlantis conquering new york city.

    issue 67, namor gets his black and gold costume.

    namorita is pretty much his sidekick for most of the later issues until the end. hope that helps!

    Of course, the correct answer is you need ALL of them! LOL! But I agree with Aces, all those are great issues. I'd add:

    issue 1- 7, if you like art by Big John Buscema. LOVE it.

    issue 14 is a Human Torch story

    issue 22 is a Dr. Strange story, that is a weird little cross over that took years in the making. Roy Thomas considers it a proto Defenders story.

    issue 32 is Llyra's first appearance / origin -- MUST HAVE.

    issue 44 - 46 is where Namor discovers his father is alive.

    issue 49 - 51, as 49 is part of the Doom story and the other two are the introduction / first appearance of Namorita.

    issue 56, which introduces Tamara Rahn's race, and has gorgeous Dan Adkins art.



    Marie Severin followed John Buscema around issue 9, and did a Serpent Crown arc. She, and the stories, have a Conan fantasy vibe, but I like her art, and those issues, though I'm probably seeing them through nostalgia glasses.

    Sal Buscema does the art from 25 - 36, and if you like his work, which is very Bronze Age to me, you'll like those issues. The first incarnation of the Defenders, The Titan Three, were done by him. Again, I view them through nostalgia glasses.

    Gerry Conway writes a very different Namor, starting with 40, one searching for himself, full of melodrama and a bit of soap. I enjoyed, but it's not the Namor you see today. Dare I say it, maybe a bit emo?

    Bill Everett comes on with 50 and did almost ten issues, and his art and his retro stories may be an acquired taste. It was for me, but now I love it.

    Steve Gerber writes the last few arcs of Namor's book, starting with 58, and many issues with Don Heck art -- I've mixed feelings about these.

  7. #832
    Part-Time Sith Joe Acro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Near Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    28,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    "i cannot fathom its purpose!"
    Emphasis on the fathom.

  8. #833
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Of course, the correct answer is you need ALL of them! LOL! But I agree with Aces, all those are great issues. I'd add:

    issue 1- 7, if you like art by Big John Buscema. LOVE it.

    issue 14 is a Human Torch story

    issue 22 is a Dr. Strange story, that is a weird little cross over that took years in the making. Roy Thomas considers it a proto Defenders story.

    issue 32 is Llyra's first appearance / origin -- MUST HAVE.

    issue 44 - 46 is where Namor discovers his father is alive.

    issue 49 - 51, as 49 is part of the Doom story and the other two are the introduction / first appearance of Namorita.

    issue 56, which introduces Tamara Rahn's race, and has gorgeous Dan Adkins art.


    Marie Severin followed John Buscema around issue 9, and did a Serpent Crown arc. She, and the stories, have a Conan fantasy vibe, but I like her art, and those issues, though I'm probably seeing them through nostalgia glasses.


    Sal Buscema does the art from 25 - 36, and if you like his work, which is very Bronze Age to me, you'll like those issues. The first incarnation of the Defenders, The Titan Three, were done by him. Again, I view them through nostalgia glasses.

    Gerry Conway writes a very different Namor, starting with 40, one searching for himself, full of melodrama and a bit of soap. I enjoyed, but it's not the Namor you see today. Dare I say it, maybe a bit emo?

    Bill Everett comes on with 50 and did almost ten issues, and his art and his retro stories may be an acquired taste. It was for me, but now I love it.

    Steve Gerber writes the last few arcs of Namor's book, starting with 58, and many issues with Don Heck art -- I've mixed feelings about these.
    All of this sounds fantastic. I'm definitely going to check it out.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  9. #834
    Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Doomstadt, Latveria
    Posts
    13,602

    Default

    BTW, Tales of Wonder has a sale on selected Masterworks and I was able to get Vol. 4 of the series from the 1960's for half off at $27.50 and it arrived yesterday

    There's also some Golden Age Torch (where Namor seems to show up pretty regularly) and Sub-Mariner on sale too until the 23rd.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

  10. #835
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    "i cannot fathom its purpose!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Emphasis on the fathom.
    Heh ... I wonder if Namor indulges in puns?


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    BTW, Tales of Wonder has a sale on selected Masterworks and I was able to get Vol. 4 of the series from the 1960's for half off at $27.50 and it arrived yesterday

    There's also some Golden Age Torch (where Namor seems to show up pretty regularly) and Sub-Mariner on sale too until the 23rd.
    That's a great deal on all those Marvel Masterworks. I think #4 has mostly Marie Severin art, the Human Torch issue, and goes to the #25.

    I see they also have the paperback of Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner #1, for 12.50! That's the Tales to Astonish stuff by Stan Lee and Gene Colan.

    Yep, I'd say a third to a half of those Golden Age Human Torch books are Namor stories or cross overs. They are fun if you like Golden Age stuff. If you like Bill Everett, however, I would recommend getting this one, Atlas Heroes volume #3, as well as #1 and #2. Those first two are only a third Namor (the other 2/3s is Cap and Torch), but this volume is ALL Bill Everett Namor from the 50s. Some of his best stuff.


  11. #836
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    All 8 digital issues of THE MARVELS PROJECT are on sale for .99 each today only on the Marvel Monday sale at Comixology. As well as The Twelve and Mystery Men.

    http://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?featured_id=14528

  12. #837
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    Found this on tumblr. I may have posted this before, but I'm posting it again, cause it's just so damn awesome. Man. When Kirby Namor punched someone, he PUNCHED them!



  13. #838

  14. #839
    finger crossed 77222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    i wrote same thing in prince namor thread...and also in here! because i don't know where you guys are hanging around.
    ===
    Long time no see! Glad to see many namor fans than before.
    I just want to share this one. It's a card and from korean offline event. I didn't draw it, and I don't know exactly who drew this. Anyway it's so beautiful.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	109406

  15. #840
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    namor fans.

    these fools need be schooled. imperius rex!

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...mor-to-Aquaman

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •