Page 52 of 184 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Oooh! Another Namor appreciation thread!

I agree. He's got a world built around him and he needs his own book to explore that world. If only Marvel Studios would hurry up and bring Namor to the big screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by SquidSquod View Post
    With the surprising success of Aquaman relaunch, it wouldn't hurt for Marvel to make a solo or at least mini to say "hey guys, check out this other aquatic hero."

Then get a fantasy writer and keep the adventures below sea for a while.
    Boy, this is going to be my morning for Namor rants. LOL!

I can't tell you how much teeth enamel I've lost reading Aquaman and seeing him the top 10 sales estimates, beating X-Men and Avengers for crying out, month after month. I'm blaming the announcement of the big JL event, THRONE OF ATLANTIS for the destruction of my crown, which I now have to replace. Yes. I am GREEN with envy.

I believe most of that success is due to Geoff Johns, big cheese in DC editorial. He loves the character and wanted him to do great and systematically set about making it so. This will never happen to Namor under the current regime. There's zero editorial love for Namor, especially when you have Marvel's EiC admitting he hates Namor and is hoping he gets killed off. Marvel editorial loves Joe Q's Marvel Knights characters -- and the movie characters. Pepper is right. Our best hope is a Namor movie, but now that Universal appears to have lost the rights, I don't see much interest from Marvel Studios.

And yes, I'd love to see more of Namor's underwater world and life fleshed out. Ralph Macchio once said he'd love to edit a Namor book with a fantasy / Lord of the Rings sensibility. That would be the coolest! With Lemuria and Attuma and other Atlantean colonies, you could even do a Game of Thrones riff. We've seen what a bunch of backstabbers there are at the Atlantean court with Krang and Byrrah and Farah, and even that less than believable secret eugenicist society, that could all be put to great Machiavellian use. There's been Lovecraftian elements in place since Roy Thomas' run with the Serpent Crown, and Stuart Moore touched up on it with the Aqueos living in R'lyeh, that could play into the magical threat, like the Others.

Sadly, no one at Marvel seems to want to do epic political fantasy like that.

I've tried for something like that in CBR's fantasy editor's league, Age of Marvels. I even drafted George RR Martin and Simone Bianchi as my creators for the book. But I'm no GRRM, and we only write up solicits, not stories. But hey, if you want you can come by and vote for it at CBR Age of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Random question (I know this place might be the improper place to ask), what's the status of Namorita? I heard that she was brought back somehow in Nova's last series but I haven't heard anything since.
    She wasn't brought back to life. She's time displaced, sort of like the O5 in Bendis X-book. It's Namorita pulled out a time stream prior to her breaking up with Nova and turning into Kymera, IIRC. And no, we haven't heard anything since Nova died at the end of Thanos Imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    she is being held prisoner by project pegasus.
    I need to find those pages.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    Wow Rheged, Moriarty thanks, I appreciate the feed back! I have A/I , and Invaders NOW! but I'll definitely look into The Torch (just for Ross, Carey alone, & I've always liked the original torches) and The Patriot, those seem perfect for what I wanted to get into.
    The original Torches are great. I was reading Secret Avengers JUST because Hammond was in it, but I found the story too boring, and it seems as if Torch has been packed back up into limbo :(

Quote Originally Posted by CHOX View Post
    The original Torches are great. I was reading Secret Avengers JUST because Hammond was in it, but I found the story too boring, and it seems as if Torch has been packed back up into limbo :(
    Funny, I was doing much the same and had the same reaction. I couldn't believe Remender ripped Hammond to pieces ... AGAIN.

That's one thing I liked about INVADERS NOW!, the interaction between Namor and Jim. Actually, I liked it in NEW INVADERS too. And there was a cool Greg Pak WHAT IF THE SUB-MARINER WAS RAISED ON LAND? that emphasized their relationship.

A preview page from tomorrow's Avengers, with a cameo by the Illuminati! Boy, I wish they'd get rid of that costume for Namor ... or at least that floppy collar.

BANNED

i love that namor haunts captain steve's dreams.

i love that namor haunts captain steve's dreams.
    Heh ... I really love this panel, but it is just ripe for parody.

"WELCOME, Steve Rogers! The Illuminati Initiation Ceremony will commence when you disrobe."
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-04-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

she is being held prisoner by project pegasus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    She wasn't brought back to life. She's time displaced, sort of like the O5 in Bendis X-book. It's Namorita pulled out a time stream prior to her breaking up with Nova and turning into Kymera, IIRC. And no, we haven't heard anything since Nova died at the end of Thanos Imperative.
    Oh, well in that case she can stay there. I wish they'd bring her back for real though, I liked her better than Namora.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Oh, well in that case she can stay there. I wish they'd bring her back for real though, I liked her better than Namora.
    I wish Marvel would have shown a freaking Atlantean reunion, but they act like Namor could care less that his beloved dead cousin and dead wife are no longer dead.

I like them both, but Namorita has so much more on panel history than Namora, so of course, she's going to be more well developed characterwise.

A preview page from tomorrow's Avengers, with a cameo by the Illuminati! Boy, I wish they'd get rid of that costume for Namor ... or at least that floppy collar.
    Someone's missing...

I... I don't know if I'm ready to put Avengers on my pull list. I mean, it's a big commitment. Am I enough of a comics fan to take it to the next level?

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Someone's missing...

I... I don't know if I'm ready to put Avengers on my pull list. I mean, it's a big commitment. Am I enough of a comics fan to take it to the next level?
    Awwww. They did leave out Strange. And he would have fit so nicely between Namor and Black Bolt! I guess he'll get to participate in the next Illuminati Initiation Ceremony.

I don't think there's anything really Illuminati related in this issue, but you'll give in eventually. I _should_ have an extra code tomorrow, though, if you want to sample it. Though, I won't get it till tomorrow nite.

Awwww. They did leave out Strange. And he would have fit so nicely between Namor and Black Bolt! I guess he'll get to participate in the next Illuminati Initiation Ceremony.
    Maybe it's a compliment? It means Cap doesn't have nightmares about him? (Actually, it probably means they were trying not to spoil Strange's new status as Sorcerer Supreme in case this book shipped early)

I don't think there's anything really Illuminati related in this issue, but you'll give in eventually. I _should_ have an extra code tomorrow, though, if you want to sample it. Though, I won't get it till tomorrow nite.
    You're kind, but I don't have any way to read digital comics.

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL....forgive me, but all I can add to that one is this Animal House flashback: 'Assume the position.'

Buries head in shame.

I agree. Nix the collar, keep the rest.

I'm not. My budget keeps reminding me this.

Heh ... I'll guess I'll admit to Eurotrip's 'safe word' scene then.

Ah, then I shouldn't tempt you with a trial code, eh?

FINALLY an interview about the New Avengers / Illuminati.

http://marvel.com/news/story/19795/a..._avengers_pt_1

Though there was precious little about Namor.

Marvel.com: If you were to go through the list of Illuminati, would you be able to assign each of them a Cabinet title? What do they each represent?

Marvel.com: And Namor?

Jonathan Hickman: He thinks he’s the most important guy in the room. He thinks he’s the king and the most significant guy.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19795/a...#ixzz2EJsESR88
    The shortest answer, and one that really wasn't answering the question. I don't even think it's a correct answer. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this. Not that I don't think Hickman will give Namor some shine, but that once again, like in the X-Men, the writer really only sees the character as a foil to prop up everyone else, and he won't have his own story line, his own character growth.
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-06-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I hope you're wrong on that Rheged. Namor can't go along being a "colossus" like he was in the X-men. All his amazing plotlines going nowhere.

Bendis did open up and avenue with his powers getting a boost possibly or redux like other P5 members. (Hopefully Hopeless and Hickman follow Bendis's lead) I'm sure New Avengers will get him some characterization and storyline as he directly has a hand with the main leader. Its about time for more IMPERIUS REX to hit the scene.