Page 35 of 184 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Good question. I'd love to see something as indepth as John Cimino's review of the Hulk vs. Sub-Mariner. Hmmmmmm. I think I might start a thread.

I would say, just about half of Namor's appearances in the FF would have a Thing vs Namor battle. In Comic Book Database, there's 39 appearances, so maybe about 20? In his own books, Namor fought the Thing at least three times. Marvel-Two-in-One there's seven appearances, and there's plenty of other places / volumes they probably went at it. Just guestimating, I'd say 30 - 40.
    Has the Thing ever won one on his own?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Has the Thing ever won one on his own?
    I was trying to do some research on this very thing and started a thread to collect the data, but have been sideswiped by more mundane and less fun things. I'm discovering so far that there aren't as many one on one fights between them. Usually it's Ben WITH the FF.

There is an absolutely awesome Namor appearance in the preview for Uncanny X-Men 11. Check it out. Further reinforces my belief that Kieron Gillen should write an Namor ongoing. I'd even settle for a Namor and Dr. Doom Super Villain Team Up book -- Loki and Magneto optional guest stars.

Also Defenders #5, the Namor focused issue, was a great read. I had a few nits, but Fraction did some things I really loved. Aces has started a review thread on the Marvel board.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...s-5-*Spoilers*
    Last edited by Rheged; 04-19-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Seriously bummed at how AvX VS turned out for Namor, but I'm definitely looking forward to next week's rematch in UXM #12. Regardless of the outcome, I KNOW this will fun -- thank you very much Kieron Gillen.

Check out CBR's preview HERE

Last edited by Rheged; 05-11-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Hopefully in the this issue Namor will have his revenge on the big orange pebble!

Oh god! I laughed hard when Namor just straight chucked Cage!

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Hopefully in the this issue Namor will have his revenge on the big orange pebble!
    I'm still hoping Thing runs afoul of the Tabula Rasa Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Yeah, no one accuses Namor of subtlety. LOL! I loved the CHOOOOM! sound effect when Namor made Luke one with the bedrock. You know that had to hurt.

Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

A lot of guys seem to just sort of chuck Cage. It seems to be a fairly effective strategy against.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    A lot of guys seem to just sort of chuck Cage. It seems to be a fairly effective strategy against.
    Makes sense, he's tough and strong, but he can't fly. Plus, he's not a giant like the Hulk. Who else did it?

Makes sense, he's tough and strong, but he can't fly. Plus, he's not a giant like the Hulk. Who else did it?
    Atlas of the TBolts did it to him twice.

I guess that's sort of a receipt for the time Cage beat him for the Power Man name.

Norman Osborn pitched him out to sea after using his adaptoid powers to steal his super-strength.

Finally found it. This was from Marvel Adventures Avengers, so it's not in 616 continuity, but this was much closer to how Namor was normally treated.

In celebration of Mother's Day ... Namor saving his mother Princess Fen ... and getting his wings.

According to Marvel.com's live blog yesterday (and the CBR coverage), Neal Adams and Christos Gage are doing a prequel prequel prequel to the X-Men called the First X-Men, i.e. Wolverine. I'm not keen on this idea, but they are going to run Wolverine's first X-men into Hobo Namor! I did like what Gage has done with Namor in his Spider-Man and the FF book and Invaders Now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good things here.

Here's an awesome page from that Spider-Man and the FF issue with Namor by Mario Alberti.