Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: College Life and Death on "Heroes"

The stars of NBC's "Heroes," Masi Oka and Hayden Panettiere talk about college life, terminal illness, the shorter season, and one particular character's tendency to die at every season's end.

Full article here.

Not sure what to think about this season. I wish Fuller had not left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelboy74 View Post
    I wish he hadn't left at the end of season 1 at all. I cannot believe given his comments about re-joining the writing team he'd have let things go so far of course and get so complicated with characters being introduced just to die in the very same episode they debuted or never be mentioned again for the sake of convenience. I think maybe he bailed again because he realised this ship can't be put back on course and he'd rather get plaudits for his own work than criticism for trying and failing to turn Heroes around.

Heroes makes their characters too powerful; and has missions that are uber big in scale. This often causes jumps in logic with the series.

For instance, how much better would it have been if Peter were able to gradually gain more than one ability instead of being depowered like this?

How much better would it be that if every season they did not have to save the world?

How much better would it be for Hiro's powers to mature and for him to eventually gain the ability to freeze time?

I think Heroes gave us full guns blazing and then tried to tone it down to maintain interest and cover plot holes only to make a ton more and come in with a whimper this season.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Default Not looking forward to HEROES

It doesn't look like many people are interested in the new season of HEROES from the posts here. Honestly, I donít blame them. The first season was AWESOME and then it just kind of tanked afterwards. I will probably watch the first couple of episodes but I haven't been impressed with the last couple of seasons. I was very disappointed with the Villains season, my expectation would be that we would see new villainous characters instead of making the existing cast/extended cast more villainous. Maybe the producers can pull a DALLAS and everything after the first season was a dream sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    For instance, how much better would it have been if Peter were able to gradually gain more than one ability instead of being depowered like this?

How much better would it be that if every season they did not have to save the world?

How much better would it be for Hiro's powers to mature and for him to eventually gain the ability to freeze time?
    Not much better to all of those.

Not comics, it's Vertigo. noh-varr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelboy74 View Post
    But then we wouldn't have gotten the awesomeness that was Pushing Daisies. And the assured greatness that is whatever he's working on since he left the 2nd time around.

I keep waiting to hear about Heroes getting taken out back by NBC and shot myself. I sat through all of Villains in hope it would get better... it didn't the following season was worse! When I missed an episode and didn't care I just stopped watching.
    Noh-Varr Reviews: The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos, and Nate Powell.