Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Diana still a virgin in current continuity?

Odd question, I know, but my friend asked me the other day and I honestly don't know myself. Is the current in continuity Diana sexually active and if so, who was her first? I wanted to say Steve Trevor was her first kiss but I don't know about her sexploits as after Infinite Crisis I don't know what's still in continuity, what's changed and what isn't. Anyone able to help me here?

She was banging Rama like a screen door, and I won't hear a word to the contrary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SethGray View Post
    She was banging Rama like a screen door, and I won't hear a word to the contrary.
    So that's a no, then? Thanks for clearing it up, I honestly didn't know either way.

It's one of those things that has really weird opinions on both sides. No one knows for sure, essentially. It's never been stated on panel in any authoritative way that I'm aware of.

But yeah, like I said, Rama. She was tapping that, and that's just all there is to it.

It's one of those things that has really weird opinions on both sides. No one knows for sure, essentially. It's never been stated on panel in any authoritative way that I'm aware of.

But yeah, like I said, Rama. She was tapping that, and that's just all there is to it.
    I think the word "virgin" should be disallowed for Diana. I hate the word, myself. Virgin is such hateful word, trying to pass off as a virtue.

This would not be such a big deal for male heroes, but we make such a huge fuss about it for women superheroes. Who the fuck cares?

This reminds me a a huge tizzy MSN was up in a couple months ago. A feminist had written a book about how the concept of virginity harms women. Basically women are judged by their vaginas, and not judged by their deeds. A woman can have saved lives, and sacrificed, but if she's had sex she's damaged goods. In the end, she got a lot of flack "That's what a whore would say!"

It says a lot more about the writer than the character, too. One low point in Phil's run was having Circe and Diana argue. The fight had devolved to DIana calling Circe a tramp, and Circe calling her a virgin. Really? That's the best he can come up with? Please. *rolls eyes*
    Last edited by MinaRho1; 09-12-2009 at 12:52 PM.

"She was banging Rama like a screen door, and I won't hear a word to the contrary."
    I think we can have this discussion without the slang. Let's refrain from disrespecting women (or people in general), please.

- Aegis
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

I don't think it matters, either, other than for some people to matter to Diana more. I do think, though, that with everything she's doing with Tom that she probably hasn't gone all the way. Can't say for sure, though. We know for sure Cheetah (Minerva) wasn't, so if you want to look at them as complete opposites, then there's that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MinaRho1 View Post
    This would not be such a big deal for male heroes, but we make such a huge fuss about it for women superheroes. Who the fuck cares?
    Well, with Diana it's more of a quirk. Bruce Wayne has been involved with a number of damsels in distress and female supervillains, Superman is married to Lois Lane, Wally West has kids, and Green Lantern has Menage a Twoi jokes.

Babara Gordon & Starfire have both had relationships with Dick, Black Canary & Green Arrow got hitched, etc, etc, etc.

Superheroes are very much about relationships and it's sort of been the elephant in the room when it comes to Wonder Woman, and that in itself is absurd.

But she was totally knockin' boots with Rama.

There's no way DiaRama didn't happen.

NO. WAY.

The curious one.

Not sure who Rama is, missed a lot of issues, but I think in the current storyline the question has more merit than it used to. Dinah has told Diana to be more human, to focus not on what she is supposed to be, but what she wants to be, to be human. This is a part of Diana that she has denied by always choosing responsibility over desire.
    Part of that is a love life of some sort and (a gajjillion fanfic stories and drawings to the contrary) as far as I know Diana has never had a love other than Steve, and he's been put out of reach for any number of reasons. Clark is out too, so's Bruce... heck most of the people I could think Diana would go with are either married or dead-or both.

Mark_S

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    But she was totally knockin' boots with Rama.
    Please choose other more appropriate words to discuss this topic.

Thanks.

- Aegis
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    Please choose other more appropriate words to discuss this topic.

Thanks.

- Aegis
    They had relations. Is that good? I think I may have shipped them at one point.
    Last edited by MinaRho1; 09-12-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MinaRho1 View Post
    They had relations. Is that good? I think I may have shipped them at one point.
    LOL. I think you can even say they had sex. I'm just trying to keep things PG-13. Relax guys. I'm not trying to squelch the topic. It's certainly a fun one to consider, but it was just some of the more "over the top" language. No worries, Mina.

"Sure, Batman's been around the block a load of times, but he's never made it with Wonder Woman. She's a virgin."

"How can Wonder Woman be a virgin? She's not totally averse to men like the other Amazons."

"True, but her partners have been far and few between. Guys like Steve Trevor just don't have a thrust powerful enough to break that Wonder-Hymen."

"I thought she was made of clay?"

"I'm assuming Wonder Woman has biological organs from the clay being magically turned into flesh. She bleeds blood, not dirt, so everything's probably working inside of her. She's modeled in human perfection, probably down to very last part"

"She could have been created without one, maybe?"

"That bears the question why Hippolyta would actively have that involved in her creation. Isn't the breaking of it symbolic of perceived male domination over sex organs?

What would Wonder Woman comics be without the symbolism, anyway? Her villains are all fetishes; Giganta for the macrophiles, Cheetah to dazzle the anthropomorphic beast fantasy, and Dr. Psycho is a representation of the desperate ugly guys looking for a piece of the action..."

"You need help. That can't be the intent."

"Amazonian lifestyle puts the poon on the pedestal. Nothing short of Kryptonian gyration will make Amazons-- let alone Wonder Woman, move-and-shake."

"You're thinking too much into this."

"Man of Paper, Woman of Prudence. *sip*"
    Deadpooligan's Traitor Game Characters!

Deadpooligan did it better. ~ StoneGold, Post 10374071

We don't actually have any evidence that Wondy does have sexual organs, but aside from that, considering the culture she comes from and extrapolating, we don't know what she would consider to be or qualify as sex.