Hybrid View

Default Interesting article on WW movie

i09 has more on the DC reorg being favorable for a Wonder Woman movie. The article reference's Gail's post from the other day.

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

Before I actually read this article, I just want one question answered. Why the fu@& do we need a Wonder Woman movie like our fu@&!ng lives depend on it? WHY?!
    Over on the DC Wonder Board there are at least 4 or 5 threads on the front page about casting the movie, dead-end leads on news and people giving their two cents on how they want the movie to look EVERY DAY. I honestly can't stand it and I feel it feeds into the view that Hollywood has of comics as being ready-made story boards with no regard whatsoever for the content or characters involved. Nevermind that more often than not comic book movies are big giant stinkers and colossal wastes of time and money. Only in the last 5 years or so has the quality improved somewhat, but that doesn't excuse all the previous bombs. Why have moveis become the be-all end-all for media and comics especially? Does a comic not have a legitimate existance as a piece of art or entertainment unless there's a fu@&!ng movie in the works? Seriously people, I'd like to know what everyone thinks on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    Before I actually read this article, I just want one question answered. Why the fu@& do we need a Wonder Woman movie like our fu@&!ng lives depend on it? WHY?!
    Over on the DC Wonder Board there are at least 4 or 5 threads on the front page about casting the movie, dead-end leads on news and people giving their two cents on how they want the movie to look EVERY DAY. I honestly can't stand it and I feel it feeds into the view that Hollywood has of comics as being ready-made story boards with no regard whatsoever for the content or characters involved. Nevermind that more often than not comic book movies are big giant stinkers and colossal wastes of time and money. Only in the last 5 years or so has the quality improved somewhat, but that doesn't excuse all the previous bombs. Why have moveis become the be-all end-all for media and comics especially? Does a comic not have a legitimate existance as a piece of art or entertainment unless there's a fu@&!ng movie in the works? Seriously people, I'd like to know what everyone thinks on this.
    Honestly? Because live-action media are FANN.
    "What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Goddess of Fierce."

Senior Theater Student
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    The answer that first comes to mind, is that movies have become the media that reaches the largest audience. This does not make other forms less artistic or meaningful. But movies have firmly established themselves as the number one entertainment of choice for the entire planet.

Peolple read less and less, the music industry once the most important in terms of reaching young people is dying, a successful comic sells about 100,000 copies tops, even video games once thought to be the new thing has seen sales decrease.

But movies still facinate people the world over. Of course, even that industry has to adapt to survive changing socio-economic turmoil.

But what you might be failing to take into consideration is that the interest and respect being shown the comic world by the movie industry is fairly new, dating back to the first Blade film in 98. Before that Hollywood made campy, silly versions of comic fare and thought they were for children.

So for most comic fans, this is fairly new and they would like to see their own favorite character on the screen before this popularity fades.

Stands up and gives Donna M. one of those slow, teen-movie applauses.

Is it too soon to start speculating about the WW reboot movie that will come out 4-5 years after this WW movie finally sees the light of day?

BANNED

Consider both Superman and Batman have had tons of movies made about them WW should be shown the same amount of respect.

Why should there be a WW movie ?
    Because if there isnt,
    my head will expode.
    And that can be messy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Stands up and gives Donna M. one of those slow, teen-movie applauses.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8

I'm gonna sit in a corner with my fingers jammed in my ears until this blows over. I've had enough of the Sandra Bullocks and Whedons of the world thinking they can do such a bang up job and making asses of themselves. Sick of it.

You must also accept that the only way Wonder Woman is going to get more series is if the sales increase. And despite having top quality writing and art, that is not happening now. So by cross-promoting the character in other media, you might bring in new readers.

If WW were to appear in films, an animated tv series and say some videogames, you increase her visibility. Throw in some merchandising and before you know it kids are talking about her and asking their parents about her. Books start to sell.

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scandalsavage View Post
    i09 has more on the DC reorg being favorable for a Wonder Woman movie. The article reference's Gail's post from the other day.
    I can't pull the link to the article here at work...can someone post the content that we're discussing? PLEASE???? Thanks!!!
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

THAT MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No...WICKED AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

BANNED

They should have put out a WW movie in the late 80's early 90's when the Superman and Batman movies were huge.