Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Off-Topic Go Crazy Pot Luck Thread

This thread is for off-topic stuff. If you want to talk about something completely un-wonder, feel free!
    Black Canary owns your world.

You're Talkin' Gibberish! Kurt Busiek's Avatar

I like broccoli.

And my dog.

kdb
    Visit Busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

I was very happy when it turned out I was not the only virgin at the sex toy party I went to last night.

Default You said go crazy...

An American went to live in the Shetland Islands. He bought a little croft house in the middle of nowhere. He was there for three months and no one came near him. One day there was a knock on his door. He opened the door and he opened the door in the howling gale and there stood a 6'4" Shetlander with a dirty old sweater and a huge beard and he says "I'm here ty welcome you to the Shetland Islands".

American: "Hello. It's nice to see you."
    Shetlander: "I'm here ty invite thee ty a party."
    American: "Well I've been here for three months on my own. I hadn't seen a soul. So I'd be really delighted to come to a party."
    Shetlander: "But I have ta warn ya, it'll be a wild Shetland party - There's going ta be drinkin'."
    American:"Well I like a little drop of scotch now and again. I can hold my own with the best of em for drinkin'."
    Shetlander: "... And there's goin ta be wild Shetland dancin'..."
    American: "Well actually when I was in college I was considered very light on my feet."
    Shetlander: "... There's goin ta be dancin' - wild, hairy-arsed Shetland dancin'... "
    American: "Well, I told ya I was light on my feet the last time...."
    Shetlander: "... There's goin ta be a fight - there's aaaallllways a fight..."
    American: "Well, actually, when I was in the military, I was the unit boxing champion so I can hold my own."
    Shetlander: "... and then there'll be sex - WILD Shetland sex..."
    American:"Well I've been here for three months - I haven't seen a soul. So a little of that wouldn't be out of the question either. So what should I wear?"

And the Shetlander says "Oh, just you come as ye are. There's just going to be you and me."
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Wow... nothing? Hell, I laughed my butt off when I first heard this.
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Slightly sarcastic Name Already Taken's Avatar

Gail, quick question. I figure the offtopic thread was a decent enough place to ask for now.

Do you have any other projects or titles you plan on writing in the near future? If so, who may your partners in crime be for art/pencils?

Yes this has likely been covered in YABS, but I don't venture there very often.

Thanks in advance.
    Still buying:
    Action, JL, JL Dark, Scalped, SHIELD, PunisherMAX, Thor, FF, Invincible Iron Man, The Sixth Gun, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, BPRD, The Walking
    Dead, Invicible

Whats the last thing that goes through a fly's head when it hits a car windshield?

Its feet.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

I like Lunal.

I woulda gone with " it's arse ", though.
    Last edited by Cam63; 09-06-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    " Why do stars suddenly appear, every time I drink beer ? " ~~~ Karen Ellis

I picked up my first volume of Usagi Yojimbo yesterday.

Have fun with it, CF.

I made whoopie pies! Who wants? :D

*Laurence Oliver voice*

...Is it safe ?

The first episode of Thundercats doesn't even make sense. Why would Lion-O grow but WilyKit and WilyKat stay small? Why does Jaga tell Lion-o that the sword will never respond to a command but then later tell him to command the sword to come to him? also why does he have to say "thunder thunder thunder cats ho" before it works, it it works of its own free will? Why weren't there any people on the flagship? There entire planet was exploding and they had that GIANT ship and only 4 crewmembers, three children and a pet? The room with the sword in it alone could have carried like 60 people comfortably. Why is the Eye of Thundera able to penetrate stone but it can't penetrate tar? If berbils are robot why do they eat? it's all dumb, fun to watch on Youtube though.

Does anyone remember that show with the metal bird people? what was that one called? it was soo long ago.

If anybody who holds the mystic gem becomes a Thawne then is Bart Allen even related to the Thawnes except in name? GAH.

And wouldn't Eobard have to be alive and have kids in his time if Meloni Thawne and her dad would exist?

I miss Cir-El.