Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Donna's Silver Lasso

Ok, now that we have it officially in canon. Where is it now. Why have we not seen its used in any of the other books that Donna appears in, and what can it do?

Will we see it again Gail?

Quote Originally Posted by rab082154 View Post
    Ok, now that we have it officially in canon. Where is it now. Why have we not seen its used in any of the other books that Donna appears in, and what can it do?

Will we see it again Gail?
    I love it. The color coordination is shamelessly stylish for stylishness' sake. Silver lasso. Moon goddess. Awesome.

I can forgive inconsistencies as long as they're pretty. What kind of fan does that make me?

Quote Originally Posted by MinaRho1 View Post
    I love it. The color coordination is shamelessly stylish for stylishness' sake. Silver lasso. Moon goddess. Awesome.

I can forgive inconsistencies as long as they're pretty. What kind of fan does that make me?
    An awesome one.

Not only "where is it now?" but "where did it come from?"

We don't know why all the sudden Donna had a silver lasso, if it can do anything special or why she never used it during the big battle.

No explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonesays View Post

We don't know why all the sudden Donna had a silver lasso, if it can do anything special or why she never used it during the big battle.

No explanations.
    Locked away in a closet? My take is that her *old* Wondergirl lasso was somehow imbued with her moon goddess titan energy. She's no longer a moon goddess but the blue tinge is a faint remnant of that, reflecting her personality.

That's my retcon and I'm sticking to it until someone comes up with something better!

How nice. But is that what happened? No one has said!

I remember Gail saying on another board that the silver lasso "stays," though I haven't seen it anywhere else.

As far as what it does, I would think that it's somehow tied (no pun intended) to the net Donna used to carry as Troia. Rhea knows what abilities it had, though.
    Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Gail? Feel free to chime in at any time here?

Quote Originally Posted by 4PointOh View Post
    I remember Gail saying on another board that the silver lasso "stays," though I haven't seen it anywhere else.

As far as what it does, I would think that it's somehow tied (no pun intended) to the net Donna used to carry as Troia. Rhea knows what abilities it had, though.
    I think the net could do something like calm the tides or something like that. Which could mean it has a calming effect on anybody that's ensnared in it.

Which I really hope isn't the case, cause thats a bit boring. I like the idea that it could go into the memories of anybody thats in the lasso. Even if the memories were planted there, it would be able to burn through it to get to the true memory.

Quote Originally Posted by rab082154 View Post
    I think the net could do something like calm the tides or something like that. Which could mean it has a calming effect on anybody that's ensnared in it.

Which I really hope isn't the case, cause thats a bit boring. I like the idea that it could go into the memories of anybody thats in the lasso. Even if the memories were planted there, it would be able to burn through it to get to the true memory.
    I think the memory power is a great idea. It would be like Donna's way of accessing the truth; different from Diana, but with similar effect.
    Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Quote Originally Posted by 4PointOh View Post
    I think the memory power is a great idea. It would be like Donna's way of accessing the truth; different from Diana, but with similar effect.
    Agreed! That's a beautiful idea. And it just *fits* her so well.

BANNED

Gail said that the silver lasso will be addressed in the coming months...

Well, i'm sure Gail would come up with something great for Donna....

Now, what in the world should Cassie's lasso be able to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonesays View Post

No explanations.
    During that godawful Countdown series, Donna fought another version of herself from out in the Multiverse while traveling with Jason and the others. She ended up knocking the girl out and stealing her costume and gear, and kept the lasso after they left the planet.

The lasso she stole from the other girl wasn't silver, but I think it might be a halfway decent explanation as to where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfreeman View Post
    During that godawful Countdown series, Donna fought another version of herself from out in the Multiverse while traveling with Jason and the others. She ended up knocking the girl out and stealing her costume and gear, and kept the lasso after they left the planet.

The lasso she stole from the other girl wasn't silver, but I think it might be a halfway decent explanation as to where it came from.
    Didn't she already have Diana's with her at that point before she left?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. How many lariats does Donna have?

The mental image of them stored in mothballed shoeboxes makes me giggle, btw.