Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Kirkman on "Image United" Prelude

If a six-issue miniseries drawn by six Image founders isn't enough, an extra16-page story should do the trick. Robert Kirkman talks with CBR News about the special prelude to "Image United" featured in October's comics.

Full article here.

Buy Savage Dragon!

I don't get Witchblade ordinarily but I'll be picking up 133 to get the full story. Every time I hear more about this storyline, I get excited. I hope I get to see Erik drawing the characters from Savage Dragon, heroes and villains, kicking the crap out of all of the other creators' characters! :)
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

I'm excited for this book but then again, at the same time, I really wish it would've included Invincible. I know Kirkman doesn't draw but they could've easily just had him on writing duties and had Cory Walker do the Invincible art since they are the co-creators of the character. I mean, I don't collect ANY of the characters in this mini but I do respect and enjoy all the artists' work so seeing all of them perform these "jam-packed" pages will be quite the thrill and, dare I say, a historic event within the comic book industry.

I stoped buying Spawn when they killed off Al, but I might make an exception for the prelude. It also looks like Sarah is the one who won WAR OF THE WITCHBLADES!
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Who is writing this, anyway? I remember when Image premiered I never thought of 'who is writing Cyberforce' or who any of the writers were, but I wonder now. I doubt too many people of thought of that question.

I want the Todd McFarlane cover, myself.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexrules View Post
    Who is writing this, anyway? I remember when Image premiered I never thought of 'who is writing Cyberforce' or who any of the writers were, but I wonder now. I doubt too many people of thought of that question.

I want the Todd McFarlane cover, myself.
    Uh, I thought it was fairly obvious that Kirkman's writing it?

I'll be getting all the covers!
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

Kirkman is?

Kirkman has to pay his dues and be involved in a few lawsuits and have some more hit books and then he'll be one of the Image Chosen. He left one of the big two, so that's a good start.

Kirkman is?

Kirkman has to pay his dues and be involved in a few lawsuits and have some more hit books and then he'll be one of the Image Chosen. He left one of the big two, so that's a good start.
    You sound like you have'nt picked up an Image book in awhile!
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Kirkman is?

It says in the article kirkman is writing it. It doesn't say who is drawing the prelude though. If it's not done the the six founders that will suck

I bet at the end of Image United, everyone gets eaten by zombies.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    It says in the article kirkman is writing it. It doesn't say who is drawing the prelude though. If it's not done the the six founders that will suck
    It says that the characters are drawn by the creators, albeit not all of them, so the jam pages start in the prelude story. As it focuses on Fortress, I'd imagine Whilce is doing the majority and as it crosses into Savage Dragon, Witchblade, Spawn and Invincible, I wouldn't be surprised if Erik, Marc, Todd and Ryan (for Invincible) did not contribute at least some work to it. Erik is the most likely, I'd imagine.
    - Gav

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    You sound like you have'nt picked up an Image book in awhile!

Yeah, I know Kirkman's done tons of stuff. I was just joking.

I heard Overkill was going to be in Image United, does anyone know if that's true? That's a Lee, McFarlane, Liefeld creation right there. Imagine a book by all those guys and having a Stan Lee creation thrown into the mix.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Yeah, I know Kirkman's done tons of stuff. I was just joking.

I heard Overkill was going to be in Image United, does anyone know if that's true? That's a Lee, McFarlane, Liefeld creation right there. Imagine a book by all those guys and having a Stan Lee creation thrown into the mix.
    I believe that's true, yes.
    - Gav