Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Sally Sensational's Avatar

Hi! I'm Sally.

Not much to say, really. I'm an out-of-work English teacher, a reader, and a big Gail fan. It was more Gail's writing that made me read WW than the character herself, but I've begun going back and learning more about her and enjoying it.

I am a YABS crossover, and was excited to help develop some of the new WW avatars that we introduced with the opening of the new forum. I am glad to see it here and hope that it continues to be the success it seems to already be!

Welcome to all new faces!
    Gail Simone: "AND Sally doesn't look anything like a soccer mom...she looks like a hot blonde woman who will throw down if necessary. I liked her!"

The ALL-NEW Deadpool Diaries! HE'S BA-ACK! No Registration required to comment!

Hi, I'm DarkWarrior, I am an inspiring comic creator that likes to write and draw. I'm an art major at Lincoln Memorial University, and a long time comic collector and cartoon watcher. Inspiration for my artwork is mostly anime. I also practice martial arts.

I have been collecting Wonder Woman since Allan Heinberg wrote the first series, and like to say it is my first time collecting Wonder Woman and a honor to read Gail's work since I became a fan of her work since her sweet Villains United series.

My favorite so far has to be the recent Rise of the Olympian story that see a major change in Diana's life.

Hi my name's Molly, I'm 20 and I just started actually reading Wonder Woman when Gail started her run. I'm enjoying it immensely. I love the character, not particularly from reading a lot of comics, but just from growing up with her around. I remember when I was little just always loving Wonder Woman without really knowing that much about the character's history. It's a real testament to the how much of an icon the character is especially considering how she's never had a real major movie and has mainly just been exposed in comics, a few cartoon series, and one live action TV show in the 70's.

One of my earliest memories of WW is actually of my mom making me watch the old Linda Carter TV show rerun that she had stumbled upon while flipping channels. I remember loving that she could deflect bullets and take on all guys. I then grew to like her more in the Justice League cartoons years later. I never was attracted to the comic much until I read a interview with Gail Simone taking on the title on Newsarama with issue #14. From the interview Gail sounded really excited to be taking on the character and seemed to have some interesting stories to tell so I decided to pick up the title with #14 and haven't stopped buying it since.

Lately I've also developed a formula of making my friends watch the animated WW movie that just came out this year and if they enjoy it shoving the first of Gail's run in their face.

I am also currently a junior in college and a English: Journalism major. I'm looking forward to post on this board. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    WINSTON!

I'm so happy you dropped by and I'm SORRY I SHOT YOU!

I met Winston in Singapore, he's a high level diplomat fella and one of the most hardcore Wonder Woman fans I've ever met!

He wanted to show me his wonderful country, but I got sick and couldn't go, and he still emailed and phoned every twenty seconds or so.... ;)

Winston, Bernard said you had a remarkable WW collection, is that correct?
    Hi Gail! I emailed and FB you, but I guess u were busy .. so I am thrilled u replied thur this thread :) Ya, Bernard is somewhat correct. I guess I have one of the larger WW collection of collectibles, comics and artpages in Asia. Bernard, I and many others certainly hope u will again visit Singapore someday soon. Even if it is on a transit en route to elsewhere.

Moving on, the WW story is weaving to be an exciting one. I like the fact that every part of WW's life means something and somewhat believeable - ok having 6 or is it 5 now white warrior gorillas as roommates is not what I call usual or normal, but it certainly helps to inject humour and some form of conversation that we can see her communicate with her guard down in her home. Will visit this board now and then and perhaps hear from u and others on their take on how WW will shape in the coming months, years ... Thanks Gail for bringing WW to a level of some reality and humanising her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Sensational View Post
    Hi! I'm Sally.

Not much to say, really. I'm an out-of-work English teacher, a reader, and a big Gail fan. It was more Gail's writing that made me read WW than the character herself, but I've begun going back and learning more about her and enjoying it.

I am a YABS crossover, and was excited to help develop some of the new WW avatars that we introduced with the opening of the new forum. I am glad to see it here and hope that it continues to be the success it seems to already be!

Welcome to all new faces!
    Hey Sally! An other English teacher, eh? Nice meeting you. Welcome :)
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Hey Molly! Welcome! English major, eh? Very cool. :D
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
    Hi, I'm DarkWarrior, I am an inspiring comic creator that likes to write and draw. I'm an art major at Lincoln Memorial University, and a long time comic collector and cartoon watcher. Inspiration for my artwork is mostly anime. I also practice martial arts.

I have been collecting Wonder Woman since Allan Heinberg wrote the first series, and like to say it is my first time collecting Wonder Woman and a honor to read Gail's work since I became a fan of her work since her sweet Villains United series.

My favorite so far has to be the recent Rise of the Olympian story that see a major change in Diana's life.
    DW, nice to have you here. Glad you could join us.

Shoot, those darned Mists have made me forget everything . . .

. . . oh, it's coming back - I'm a production sub (who apparently defines himself by his work, which is sad) for a newspaper, I do a bit of reviewing for the paper, a bit of comics blogging, am a member of UK Legion Apa 247, used to edit UK DC reprints, go to the theatre and cinema lots (the last things I saw were Falsettoland and District 9 respectively) and love Law & Order, Criminal Minds, Bones and the like.
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

Hi from Australia

I am Kyall and have been a Wonder Woman fan and collector my entire life. I have been collecting seriously for 10 years and as a result have a very large collection of memorabilia from all eras of Wonder Woman's history.

My collection has been featured in national newspapers and on Australian television in 2008. You can view the clip here:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/...s/s2393285.htm

In 2007 I created www.wonderwomancollectors.com as a way of sharing all of the information I had gathered over the years with other collectors. I have also had a number of articles I have written on Wonder Woman memorabilia published around the world.

I love talking to other collectors so drop me a line and say Hi

Quote Originally Posted by WWCollector View Post
    Hi from Australia

I am Kyall and have been a Wonder Woman fan and collector my entire life. I have been collecting seriously for 10 years and as a result have a very large collection of memorabilia from all eras of Wonder Woman's history.

My collection has been featured in national newspapers and on Australian television in 2008. You can view the clip here:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/...s/s2393285.htm

In 2007 I created www.wonderwomancollectors.com as a way of sharing all of the information I had gathered over the years with other collectors. I have also had a number of articles I have written on Wonder Woman memorabilia published around the world.

I love talking to other collectors so drop me a line and say Hi
    Hey Kyall! Welcome :)

Not about the answers King Rockwell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDonaghy View Post
    "Leviathan" is most certainly a word --how could a teacher of English not be familiar with the major work of English literature -- the Bible?
    Uhh, the Bible isn't really English lit, it was only translated in the last 500 years, mainly from Greek and Hebrew (or some middleman translations, like the Vulgate, early on i'm sure). It's as English as Homer.

I'm King, 23, I work in a grocery store in Savannah, GA. When I'm not, I usually either read comics or make them. I'm mainly a DC reader, and my favorite two characters are Vic Sage (The Question) and Babs Gordon (Oracle), which lead me, respectively, to two of my favorite comics writers, Greg Rucka and Gail Simone. Following both of their comics work lead me to Wonder Woman, and I'll never go back.

That's me in the corner.. ChrisDonaghy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Rockwell View Post
    Uhh, the Bible isn't really English lit, it was only translated in the last 500 years, mainly from Greek and Hebrew (or some middleman translations, like the Vulgate, early on i'm sure). It's as English as Homer.

I'm King, 23, I work in a grocery store in Savannah, GA. When I'm not, I usually either read comics or make them. I'm mainly a DC reader, and my favorite two characters are Vic Sage (The Question) and Babs Gordon (Oracle), which lead me, respectively, to two of my favorite comics writers, Greg Rucka and Gail Simone. Following both of their comics work lead me to Wonder Woman, and I'll never go back.
    Pleasure to meet you King, I'm Tina. I guess brevity got the best of me earlier -- I'm certainly aware that the Bible comes from older sources. I meant that the English language translations of it -- specifically the King James --stand out as great works of poetry and literature as well as religious texts -- like English translations of Homer. I would hate for people who share a love of Oracle to get off on the wrong foot out here.
    The avatar STAYS -- even if DC doesn't want her, I DO.

RIP, Dwayne McDuffie; the world is a lot less fun without your intelligence and heart in it.

I'm Kent, 25 from Pennsylvania. I'm making comics as often as I'm reading them, and Wonder Woman's absolutely my inspiration and favorite buttkicker.
    Wonders never cease

Hi Gail! My name is Todd and I'm from Harrisburg, PA. I'm 35 years old and real glad. I work in Insurance Claims which is what I do because it pays the bills, not because I get any great job satisfaction from it. I've been reading comics for about 28 years. My first comic was X-Men 157 which I no longer have. It was probably beat to hell the number of times I read it. I also was a big LSH fan too and it was probably the 2nd comic I read on a regular basis.

I think what drew me to Wonder Woman was the Lynda Carter tv show and the Super Friends TV show. I was never a regular reader though until the John Byrne run. Being in a small town, I could only get what the local drugstores or grocery stores stocked on their shelves and Wonder Woman was not one of those books. Even after I could drive and could pay for my own comics, I still never picked WW up until a recommendation from my best friend.

Not about the answers King Rockwell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDonaghy View Post
    I would hate for people who share a love of Oracle to get off on the wrong foot out here.
    Oh no, not at all. Glad to meet you! Isn't Babs great? Shame she's so angry these days, though, I really miss Birds of Prey. :(