Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Default Hey, Gail!!!!

It's me, Mindy Newell!

Thanks for inviting me! Looking forward to lots of interesting discussions and fun!

Mindy

Waddap?

My name is Michael and I was told that this is where 2 of my all-time favorite writers, Gail Simone and Mark Waid will be hanging. Their Twitter Wars are worth the price of admission alone. Vigilantly waiting and hoping for the fun to spill over here.

I'm from the SF Bay Area. I'm currently a gig-less freelance illustrator/designer. I only hopped on WW when I read that one of my favorite artists, Terry Dodson, would be on the new series. Match made in Heaven! And then I read that Gail (whom I've been a huge fan of since AGENT X w/ Alvin Lee) would be taking over and I fell off my chair thinking it couldn't get better. Then Terry left and my world came crashing down.

I like WW 'cause she's the ideal. That's a lot of pressure and weight to carry, yet she lives up to it w/ grace and honor.

Also, she's hot.

Thanks.

Peace.
    Last edited by meek?; 09-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.

I love Terry Dodson's art!!!

Wink

Hi all! My name is Rhea (I go by Giganta and generally lurk on the DCComics board.) I decided to go simply by my first name this time around because Diana has always been a symbol of honesty and truth for me so I thought I'd get rid of any pseudonym and just present myself as I am (I hope that makes sense.) Anyhoo, I'm from a small town in North Carolina I lived in a couple of other areas, but came back to my hometown because I simply like the "home vibe" I have here. Like others before me have said, I fell in love with Wonder Woman in the Lynda Carter series. I remember as a child being thrilled when my Mama (who has always been my real-life Wonder Woman) found a blue t-shirt with a picture of an eagle on it. I would spin around and then pretend to deflect bullets, tie up bad guys and make incredible jumps that came with my homemade sound effects!--LOL I wasn't allowed the doll when I was little because little boys back then weren't allowed to have dolls, but I did find my first when I was in college 15 years ago in an antique store (there is now way I feel old enough to be the same age as an antique) and I still get a thrill everytime I find I find another. I am in the process of customizing different characters from the tv series not to mention a Paradise Island playset!!!! I've collected the comic since I was in my teens and my collection goes back to the period just before she lost her powers in the 60's. My favorite period I can't decide on (I always find something I like about each writer's take on her) but some that have stuck out to me were Perez, Rucka, and Messner-Loebs. I have one complaint about the Simone run so far and that is I have to wait a whole month for the next issue! (No, that isn't sucking up...I simply love my girl, Diana and Gail has injected a little playfulness to her unlike the over-the-top how-do-you-pump-gas humor from before.) Ofcourse, I am worried about the separation of Diana from her Greek roots (as a gay Christian, my faith means a lot to me so I know what it's like to feel separated or question all that you were raised to believe), but I'm here for the whole ride (the comic and my faith)--you don't get off a rollercoaster at the top of the first hill do ya? All I know is I enjoy Wonder Woman and try to live my life as someone who she would like to be friends with! That's all I can come up with, but I hope to get to know some of you better through some lively discussion....until then, have a great day ans SPIN...SPIN.....SSSSSPPPPPPPPIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!! !!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I've been following Gail over on twitter and came over here in response to one of her tweets.

I work as an attorney in central Arkansas and have read Wonder Woman since graduate school. I basically believe that dc has never given a creative team enough time to do anything with her so she's sort of a blank slate.

I've always wondered about looking at the major heroes, including Wonder Woman, through the lens of soteriology.

I'm looking forward to reading your ideas.

Return of the Nubian LittleMissVixen's Avatar

YAY!.....I am so happy that Wonder Woman FINALLY has her own board.

My name is Dawn/LittleMissVixen and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have been a Wonder Woman fan since age 4. I just bought a new house, and I am having a blast decorating my office my with Wondy collection that has been in storage for two years.

I'm Dante from Baltimore. HUGE Wonder Woman fan here and definitely pleased to see her get her own board. Yay!
    Dream Boy's Dynamic Divas:
    Wonder Woman. Amethyst. Starfire. Spider Woman. Dazzler. Hellcat. Witchblade. Black Canary. Donna Troy. Wonder Girl. Huntress. Karma. Danielle Moonstar. Magik. Magma. Jean Grey. Psylocke. She-Hulk. Emma Frost. Ms. Marvel. Supergirl. Catwoman. Wolfsbane. Firestar. Fire & Ice. Dr. Light. Arachne. Snowbird. Tigra. The Wasp. Dream Girl. Saturn Girl. Marvel Girl. Polaris. Looker. Vampirella. Red Sonja. Zatanna. Dawnstar.

"Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy View Post
    I'm Dante from Baltimore. HUGE Wonder Woman fan here and definitely pleased to see her get her own board. Yay!
    Love the Jem & Rio avatar!!!

Hi Everyone,

Michael C. from Boston here. I've been reading comics for nearly 40 years -- and I just realized earlier this year that in fact, I'm not really a fan of superhero comics. I am a rabid fan of reading about women with super powers. Therefore, Wonder Woman is a book I have followed for many, many years. I enjoyed Wonder Woman pre-Crisis, but it was George Perez's relaunch that truly catapulted Diana to be one of my favorite superheroines. I've pretty much enjoyed the title consistently (with the exception of Byrne's run) ever since.

By day I am a director at the Boston Public Library, and through my work in libraries I've had the pleasure of meeting Gail a couple of times, which is awesome. I really admire Gail's work in the industry, and her Secret Six has recently catapulted to one of my favorite titles being published.

My other secret WW-related confession? While I loved Lynda Carter and the TV show, I liked Lindsay Wagner as Jamie Somers better.

Looking forward to this participating on this board!
    Michael C.
    http://justgiblets.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcolford View Post
    My other secret WW-related confession? While I loved Lynda Carter and the TV show, I liked Lindsay Wagner as Jamie Somers better.
    OMG! Blasphemy!

Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Quote Originally Posted by nightforce View Post
    I love Gail's Handling of Wonder Woman and ashamed to admit that I haven't picked up Secret Six. I know I am missing out on a great read. I started with issue 12 of Secret Six but have yet to read it. WQas issue 11 when Wonder Woman made her appearance?

Anyway hopefully this will be the start of something great
    The first trade from the new series should be out by now, and the trade collecting the Secret Six mini series has been out for a while- HIGHLY recomend both. It's easily one of the best comic series being published right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysinleigh View Post
    The first trade from the new series should be out by now, and the trade collecting the Secret Six mini series has been out for a while- HIGHLY recomend both. It's easily one of the best comic series being published right now.
    Cool Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcolford View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Michael C. from Boston here. I've been reading comics for nearly 40 years -- and I just realized earlier this year that in fact, I'm not really a fan of superhero comics. I am a rabid fan of reading about women with super powers. Therefore, Wonder Woman is a book I have followed for many, many years. I enjoyed Wonder Woman pre-Crisis, but it was George Perez's relaunch that truly catapulted Diana to be one of my favorite superheroines. I've pretty much enjoyed the title consistently (with the exception of Byrne's run) ever since.

By day I am a director at the Boston Public Library, and through my work in libraries I've had the pleasure of meeting Gail a couple of times, which is awesome. I really admire Gail's work in the industry, and her Secret Six has recently catapulted to one of my favorite titles being published.

Looking forward to this participating on this board!
    Michael C.
    http://justgiblets.com

Love LOVED The Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner was great in that role

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisGuy View Post
    Thank you Cam !!.. Waiter, can you send a beer to Cam's Table.
    Cam got whole table.
    " Why do stars suddenly appear, every time I drink beer ? " ~~~ Karen Ellis

Wonder Woman Museum AndyMangels's Avatar

Howdy -

Gail just told me about this board, so here's my introduction.

Andy Mangels here, "Best-Selling Entertainment Writer & DVD Documentary Director". Have written over 20 books and done over 45 documentaries, and done a lot of stuff with Wonder Woman. Never have written the comic, however.

Have loved Wonder Woman since I was a child, probably first seeing her on either Super Friends (first season in 1973) or in a Pacific Palisades Park ad with Batman and Superman. Was enthralled with the Wonder Woman TV series, and have written extensively about it, and have gotten to know Lynda Carter over last 5-6 years enough that she gave me a shout-out from onstage at an LA concert.

I write full-time, though I recently bartended for a few months, and have for over 20 years. Have interviewed many WW creators and people involved with the TV series and cartoons over the years, and been interviewed for several documentaries, including two on the Wonder Woman animated DVD, an episode of the TV series FANatical and more.

Also produce the yearly charity event WONDER WOMAN DAY at the end of each october, which has raised over $69,000 for Domestic Violence shelters. And I run the Wonder Woman Museum website, which I would update more frequently if I had the skills to format more quickly!

Anyhow, howdy to all WW fans!