Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Hello,
    I've lived in Roanoke, Va. for about six months. Orginally from a little town in western VA (not West Va.) called Richlands. I currently work with Emotionally disturbed children. I also worked with adults with Mental Retardation for 15 years before moving.

I've collected/read comics since I could read in the 70's and considering Kirby's art in Captain America, The Swine story arc, the first appearance of Him in F4 and his Loser's stuff terrified my 4 or 5 year old mind I'm lucky to be still collecting to this day....and just want to throw out there...Kamandi! is one of my favorite arc of books I own...I yell it out randomly in posts if he's mentioned...

Cam63... Australian... Like beer, comics, Gail, beer and comics.

G'day.
    " Why do stars suddenly appear, every time I drink beer ? " ~~~ Karen Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by nightforce View Post
    White Power Staff? What's that?? I hope I am wrong in what I am originally thinking.
    Yes, you're wrong on what you thought ElvisGuy meant.
    " Why do stars suddenly appear, every time I drink beer ? " ~~~ Karen Ellis

Bring Back Athena!!!!!! Maplecroft's Avatar

My name is Mary. I love wonder woman. She got me through hard times. My favorite character is Hippolyta. She kicks ass. My favorite goddess is Athena. I think Gail and Aaron are great for the book.

Thumbs up

Nice!! I like, I like!!!!

Bring Back Athena!!!!!! Maplecroft's Avatar

Hello everyone. just thought I would say hi

Hello Everyone! I'm Korey. I live in FL. I'm an artist and photographer. I'm currently working towards self-publishing a comic of my own.. woo woo!

I first discovered Wonder Woman when I was 5 or 6, and the tv show first aired! I just turned 40, and I have not lost my love of Wonder Woman! She is, pardon the pun, wonder-full!

Hello Everyone !
    I'm Forrest..I live in Hollywood ,Ca . I'm a bartender at a gay bar so its pretty darn close to working with children. Besides comics my interest are writing, hiking, Chinese aphrodisiac cooking and trading hair tips with Nicola Scott ( its all about big hair ! ). Ive been reading comics since I was 5 years old and I haven't missed a issue of Wonder Woman since I was 5 years old !!..and I'm 37 now..cripes that's a lot of Wonder Woman !
    Secret Six!!
    Buy
    Read
    Fornicate!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam63 View Post
    Yes, you're wrong on what you thought ElvisGuy meant.
    Thank you Cam !!.. Waiter, can you send a beer to Cam's Table.
    Secret Six!!
    Buy
    Read
    Fornicate!

Default hey

Hello!

I'm Hermaki from the Dc message boards, and I come here in peace as I think it will be a better place for the likes of us!
    I've stopped posting on the Dc message boards because I felt like this was not a place for me,lots of violence in the words that made me flee, I hope things will be different here!

My real name is Don, and I'm a great fan of Gail's version of Wonder woman.

Wonder woman is such a symbol of empowerment since she represents all the virtues and values that I defend in my everyday life.

We all love WW for different reasons and those are what gathered us in here!

Thanks for everything Wonder creators, and especially you Gail!

Quote Originally Posted by korok View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'm Korey. I live in FL. I'm an artist and photographer. I'm currently working towards self-publishing a comic of my own.. woo woo!

I first discovered Wonder Woman when I was 5 or 6, and the tv show first aired! I just turned 40, and I have not lost my love of Wonder Woman! She is, pardon the pun, wonder-full!
    Hey Korey! Florida here, too -- Tampa. I turn 43 next June, and I haven't lost my love of WW. Never have, never will.
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

OMG! WW fianlly has her own forum! It's about f*cking time.

Anyways, my name's Neal. I live in San Jose, CA and work as a restaurant manager. I'm a looong time CBR lurker, recent joinee (is that a word?). I started buying (super-hero) comics in 1990 at 9 yrs old and started with the X-titles, Justice League books, and Superman. I was a closet WW fan from the start, but never picked up her book. Where I'm from, boys don't read "sissy stuff" like WW! It wasn't until #88 that I finally bought an issue, as I couldn't resist that gorgeous Bolland cover of Diana stroking Superman's rock-hard abs...

I soon went back and found every issue of the then current series, and haven't missed one since. My favorite runs have been Perez (of course!), Phil Jimenez, Greg Rucka, and the fabulous Ms. Simone's. And I have a big soft spot for the Messner-Loebs issues as well. Not the most popular time for the series, but I felt Diana was actually at her most relatable during that run. Unfortunately Mr. Loebs was cursed with some horrific art at times; and as we all know, "kick-ass" art is what sold comics in the 90's, not intelligent writing. Now that I think about it I really enjoyed the entirety of the 1987 series (except the Byrne yrs), even Eric Luke's run! So yeah, love me some Princess Diana, and I'm soooo excited to see her finally get her own forum! Thank you Gail!!!!

Hello! I Just thought I would stop by and see what the new boards are like. I frequent the DC Wonder Woman message boards...but I do not post there very often...so most here won't know me. BUT...I look forward to getting to know everyone a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermaki View Post
    Hello!

I'm Hermaki from the Dc message boards, and I come here in peace as I think it will be a better place for the likes of us!
    I've stopped posting on the Dc message boards because I felt like this was not a place for me,lots of violence in the words that made me flee, I hope things will be different here!

My real name is Don, and I'm a great fan of Gail's version of Wonder woman.

Wonder woman is such a symbol of empowerment since she represents all the virtues and values that I defend in my everyday life.

We all love WW for different reasons and those are what gathered us in here!

Thanks for everything Wonder creators, and especially you Gail!

Hey, glad you made it here. You are right. The flame wars were way too out of hand on the other board which is why I stopped posting there. I was happy that Gail decided to do this one. I even went as far as to ask Gail to make one. I love Gail's Handling of Wonder Woman and ashamed to admit that I haven't picked up Secret Six. I know I am missing out on a great read. I started with issue 12 of Secret Six but have yet to read it. WQas issue 11 when Wonder Woman made her appearance?

Anyway hopefully this will be the start of something great

I'm a not quite middle-aged technical illustrator (though oddly with an English Major degree), martial artist, and hopefully soon-to-be tabletop RPG publisher. I live with my fiance (I call her "wife") of about 3 years. We have no kids, but we have an extensive videogame console collection, including (for some reason) about 4 or 6 Dreamcasts.

I'm also a big film buff with an extensive video collection. I enjoy everything from the classics to low budget horror comedies. In addition, I was on the ground floor of the creation of Cincinnati's first anime convention.

I was first exposed to WW by watching the TV show in the 70s as a kid. I started reading superhero comics, such as Silver Sable, in the 90s, going on to read such DC stories such as Knightfall and The Contest. I became a major consumer of backissues, loving WW, the JLI, Deadpool, Green Lantern, and many others.

I probably love WW because she's such a strong, heroic figure who is also a beautiful woman having to live in a world very different from her own. I'm less of an expert on WW than I am some other characters. Although I'm no expert on WW, I've read stories going back to Perez and Byrne. What mainly concerns me is reading an entertaining story written by someone who is a good steward of the character's legacy.

I'm a big fan of Greek myth and have a bookshelf devoted to it. Oddly, I think my love of WW has nothing to do with that.

I've been a fan of Gail Simone since Birds of Prey and probably Deadpool and Agent X. (I picked up Birds of Prey by following Ed Benes from Supergirl.) I tend to follow the works of creators of like. I was going to get out of buying comics when Birds of Prey ended (or Simone left it), but apparently, I've found other books that make it worthwhile to return to the LCS.

I rather dislike the big comic event stories that are full of continuity changes so I mainly stick to the books that manage to avoid those. Many of my favorite characters were killed or something worse during such events in recent years.

Anything more about me . . . I'm a skeptic, a borderline atheist, someone who's full of political opinions yet belongs to no political party because the world of politics is worse than high school, and someone who thinks the world would be a better place if people were more excellent each other. Oh yes, and I live in Ohio.

I know first hand that it's very hard to tell people in Japan that you're from Ohio. Because they say, "Where are you from?" And you say, "Ohio." However, "Ohio" sounds the same as "Ohayo" which is Japanese for "Good Morning."