Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Favreau & Downey to Make "Cowboys & Aliens"

The men behind Tony Stark, director Jon Favreau and actor Robert Downey, Jr. are set to bring Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley's "Cowboys and Aliens" to the big screen in 2010.

Full article here.

my stoke was hight until i read:
    Writing the adaptation will be “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” and “Star Trek” screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci,
    hollywood:: please, please, please stop using these idiots. they CAN NOT WRITE. Star Trek and both Transformer movies succeeded IN SPITE of the terrible scripts, not because of them... (shear spectacle in TFs case and great casting and direction in STs)

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

^Sorry Captain Snootypants, they succeeded because they were good. Anywho, I'm glad this project is back on track. I thought the closest we'd get is the SyFy Original , High Plains Invaders.

BANNED

Congratulations, Fred Van Lente! I have high hopes for this, and I expect them to be fulfilled!

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    my stoke was hight until i read:
    hollywood:: please, please, please stop using these idiots. they CAN NOT WRITE. Star Trek and both Transformer movies succeeded IN SPITE of the terrible scripts, not because of them... (shear spectacle in TFs case and great casting and direction in STs)
    Because cowboys fighting aliens needs an Oscar level script?:rolleyes:

Seriously?

And, if memory serves, the Transformers movies were about as enjoyable as a brain tumour.

:rolleyes:

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

No offence to the creators, but I remember some controversy and some sort of trick the publisher used to get shops to order this book and overhype it. I remember hearing stores got extra comics, free I think, just to cause a buzz. I found a stack of copies marked 25 or 50 cents and picked one up. If ever it sounded like a publisher was using a gimmick to get Hollywood notice, this was it. Heh, I guess it worked, so I can't really complain. Well played.
    Xenos