Default Of Evil and Darkness #1 - Review

Issue: Of Evil and Darkness #1
    Writer/Pencils/Digital Ink: Jay Carvajal
    Publisher: Cinemacomics
    Release Date: July 2009
    Pages: 28
    Price: $2.99

"A group of paranormal investigators with their own television show head to a remote island in the Pacific Northwest to film their season finale. Alone and on their own, they encounter something evil that was let loose upon the island, long ago."

Artwork: 4.0 out of 5
    This issue ranged from awesome to just kinda okay. The flashback and death scenes looked so beautiful. But then there were some in present day where there was just too much white and texture to where it kinda became blurry. But have no fear the great out weighs the bad here. This book looks fantastic and I love the style.

Story: 4.2 out of 5
    The story in this issue is really good. It does what a first issue should. Character introduction, back story and a nice ending to make you want more. SOLD! I really enjoyed reading this one. I like the idea too of taking one of the Ghost Hunter like shows and giving it a twist like this. Very cool!

Dying Breath: 4.1 out of 5
    This book has the winning combination. Great story, fantastic artwork and it's all done by the same person! I look forward to what this series brings to the table with only 3 issues and I am really looking forward to what other great stuff Jay Carvajal will do in the future.

If you would like to buy Of Evil and Darkness #1 or check out check out what else Cinema Comics is working on go to http://cinemacomics.com/. You can also get this book through Drive-Thru Comics.

Last edited by puyaybusto; 08-31-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Excellent review.

For those who might be interested, this is currently a free download at DriveThruComics.com.

-Matt
    -
    FlamesRising.com - Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine