Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: WEDNESDAY COMICS: Dave Gibbons

Dave Gibbons shares his thoughts on Kamandi while current "Prince Valiant" comic strip writer Mark Schultz joins us to discuss the majesty and influence of Hal Foster on "Wednesday Comics" and beyond.

Full article here.

Default Kamandi #60

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Dave Gibbons shares his thoughts on Kamandi while current "Prince Valiant" comic strip writer Mark Schultz joins us to discuss the majesty and influence of Hal Foster on "Wednesday Comics" and beyond.

Full article here.
    It took DC some 19 issues to begin to get a handle on kamandi,after Kirby left the book. Issue 60, never seen print. 59 ended, with a real cliff hanger, dealing with the great wall. I'd like this story to finally see print, and the story wrapped up.DC gave up to soon on this book, I think that more and more of the Kirby fans were giving it a chance. It could have seen easily another 41 issues,maybe another 50 as well,after.I always felt it really stank, how after the crisis series, he was transformed into Tommy Tommorrow, and all those great kamandi stories junked.

This is the first Kamandi story I've ever read and if DC wanted to let Dave write more of them, I'd be on board.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.