Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
    Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Sure I guess they could be involved, but I'm not to keen on the X-men though.
    Shuri would be cool on the Avengers--but Wakanda is at war. It's hard to reconcile that. I would love of her to build relationships with the Fearless Defenders though--th Amazons and Valkerie both would look fondly at Shuri.

Maybe a non- aggression pact. Of course it would have to take place after the war.
    I would want it to be just WAkanda and Atlantis too. I was just asking because now that Namor is a part of the X Universe. Not that I wanted them too. I think it would be a great mini. I also would like the Avengers too stay out and just let Wakanda and Atlantis. I've never been a big X-Men fan as well. I love some of the characters, but never been a big fan overall.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think they would get the X-Men involved in this one because then the Avengers get drawn in again and we just had AvX. I can see one or two characters maybe from each side but I think it should just be Black Panther/Namor and Wakanda/Atlantis straight up.
    That's how I would like to see it as well. I was just asking as Namor is an X-Men, but T'Challa isn't on the newest Avengers team. He's part of the Illuminati, but that's a secret. Of course I could see the Avengers jumping in as once an Avenger always an Avenger. Although I could see T'Challa telling them not to get involved. Again I would want it to be just Wakanda and Atlantis as well.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    I would want it to be just WAkanda and Atlantis too. I was just asking because now that Namor is a part of the X Universe. Not that I wanted them too. I think it would be a great mini. I also would like the Avengers too stay out and just let Wakanda and Atlantis. I've never been a big X-Men fan as well. I love some of the characters, but never been a big fan overall.
    Yeah same. I would want a real war mini--with the tone to match. Not sure who I would want writing it though.

Yeah same. I would want a real war mini--with the tone to match. Not sure who I would want writing it though.
    Jonathan Maberry would be excellent.

JK
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    Jonathan Maberry would be excellent.

JK
    Johnathan Maberry? Did you learn nothing from godawful Doomwar? Why in the world would you suggest one of the...

Last edited by Booshman; 02-13-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Johnathan Maberry? Did you learn nothing from godawful Doomwar? Why in the world would you suggest one of the...

Lol!

Well, you got some suggesting romance between mass murderer Namor and Shuri, Queen of the mass murdered. :)
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    Lol!

Well, you got some suggesting romance between mass murderer Namor and Shuri, Queen of the mass murdered. :)
    ^^^^^^^^^Yeah, this is quite bizarre.

Excuses and even equaling very dissimilar situations--with this ship with other characters having a close friendship---it starts getting absurd.

^^^^^^^^^Yeah, this is quite bizarre.

Excuses and even equaling very dissimilar situations--with this ship with other characters having a close friendship---it starts getting absurd.
    To be honest, the suggestion was quite insulting from an intellectual/logical point of story telling view much like the nonsense Aaron channeled during and after AvX.

The same folks who cried foul about T'Challa and Storm's union and how she was made to look like a brainless bimbo were unsuprisingly silent when Aaron basically turned her into said bimbo post AvX.

Shuri and Namor is without a doubt, the dumbest story idea I've ever had the misfortune of hearing about which more or less guarantee's that someone at Marvel will probably see it as being a brilliant concept. :smh:
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    To be honest, the suggestion was quite insulting from an intellectual/logical point of story telling view much like the nonsense Aaron channeled during and after AvX.

The same folks who cried foul about T'Challa and Storm's union and how she was made to look like a brainless bimbo were unsuprisingly silent when Aaron basically turned her into said bimbo post AvX.

Shuri and Namor is without a doubt, the dumbest story idea I've ever had the misfortune of hearing about which more or less guarantee's that someone at Marvel will probably see it as being a brilliant concept. :smh:
    It they were X-men--I'm sure it would happen. It sounds like a X-men Story--you know one like Age of X, where the husband of a character is disappeared--and hooked up with another character. Crap like that.

This was my response, note my biggest issues are the logistical ones--I'm convinced that different IP's will never work long term--unless they were created to be in a relationship and it grows from there. I personally don't think Namor-Shuri and Black Panther and Black Swan are remotely the same; in comic reason or out.

The issue where Hudlin had what's his name( drawing a blank ) give BP a dream where the X-Men were swingers in a cloud ala Olympus is now like a prophecy we missed at that time

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    The issue where Hudlin had what's his name( drawing a blank ) give BP a dream where the X-Men were swingers in a cloud ala Olympus is now like a prophecy we missed at that time
    ^^^^^ indeed.
    Was Shuri right? Remember she was disliking the Headmistress a one point?

Doppler Radar indicates a Chaos Front in the vicinty. Unfans seek immediate shelter.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

^^^^^ indeed.
    Was Shuri right? Remember she was disliking the Headmistress a one point?
    No wonder some folks wanted to paint her as the angry family member

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

A platoon of 24 hardcore warrior women... 21 surrounded 3 of them.

Shuri: "Stand down my sisters you don't want to do this!"

Nakia: "If these chicks don't get out of my face..."

Okoye: "I understand that many of you are angry with all the marching and trouble we have caused but we are all Doras here and can resolve our problems with mutual peace."

The circle grew tighter as the 21 Doras were way past the fed up point and an all out brawl was inevitable.

Shuri: "I am a princess and member of the royal family... You will stand down!"

From above them on a balcony stood Aneka taking in the dilemma with a menacing smile.

A Kimoyo Card given to her by T'challa buzzes...

T'challa: "Captain Aneka. How are things progressing thus far."

Aneka: "Your plan is going as you have instructed. In addition to hating my guts it appears that your sister and friends are about to take on the whole platoon. Shall I stop it my lord?"

T'challa: "No. Let it happen and let's see how they do. Turn the Kimoyo so that I may see how they handle themselves."

Aneka holds up the card to give a better vision for King T'challa.

Nakia: "That's seven a piece let's do this!"

Though outnumbered Shuri and her secret bodyguards fight the good fight as true women destined for greatness in the Wakandan armed forces.

The whipping that Aneka had placed on them earlier readied them for women who were no match for the onslaught they received.

Hair was pulled, scratches and biting along with punches and kicks that flowed freely.

T'challa: "Ahhh Wakanda... I miss home so much!"

Aneka: "Where are you?"

T'challa: "That's classified you know Avengers stuff... I've seen enough. You can stop that now and bump those three up to Midnight Angel status I think they are ready."

Aneka: "Okoye yes but Nakia and your sister are still loose canons. Nakia had pictures of you my lord."

T'challa: "They will work fine for the missions I will need for them to perform. And why don't you bump yourself over to being their captain there as well and up the tormenting angle I want them stressed to the fullest extent to see what makes them crack under pressure."

Aneka: "You are quite the manipulator my lord, it will be done as you so desire. Your father would not only be proud of you but also think that you are off your rocker as well."

T'challa: "Wait until I bring the Hatut Zeraze into the equation."

Aneka: "Who?"

T'challa: "Tell Shuri she is leading with her left too much. Tell Nakia to fight less with anger and more with controlled passion and Okoye needs to up the aggression factor so as not to get left behind in the middle of conflicts. I'll retrain them later myself with more styles added but for now let's see how they handle the technology aspect in the Midnight Angel corps. Instruct them in the Shadow Physics arts and recon missions I'll be back in Wakanda soon."
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Doppler Radar indicates a Chaos Front in the vicinty. Unfans seek immediate shelter.
    Unfans and even some fans.

At this stage, Shuri just needs to be developed a lot better as a character before she's inducted into loose confederations like the fearles Defenders or romantic relations. (dubious or otherwise)

Her role as the current Queen of Wakanda needs to be fleshed out and defineed a lot more clearly than has been the case in the past and we definitely need to see more of her interacting with her brother T'Challa as they both grapple with the complexities of harboring a mass murderer in Wakanda (regardless of his usefulness as an Illuminati member) or coming to terms with the fact that the former Queen of Wakanda and confirmed traitor, Ororo is still at large and consorting with enemies of the Wakandan sovereign state.

These are the sort of things I'd be expecting genuine writers interested in generating strong stories to be writing about rather than giving us insipid drivel portraying T'Challa as a love sick chump pining for the affections of someone utterly unworthy of his heart, trust or love.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-14-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?