Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 439
  1. #106
    I am Rabum Alal Victor Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    I just like to know would you be saying the same thing if, people was saying they wonder if they would be based out of Atlantis.

    I would guess not. And I never said they would be I said look like. But it is not clear that they aren't. Until Hickman say other wise everyone is guessing even you.
    Precisely. Honestly, if it was reversed--I would just accept what has been said--T'challa is the central character and he has some big role in the over all scheme that all the former Black Panther editors (Joe Q, Axel and Tom) seem to be excited about.

    I still think Shuri will play a role down the line. I would say the same if Namora was in her place.

  2. #107
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    I'm aware that they are a non-team. I will just call them NA like the title of the book and because I want too. She might not find out until years end and that's fine. I didn't specify a deadline. But the Non-team is meeting in Wakanda--like it or not. They are meeting back there and will continue to meet there until otherwise shown. Necropolis is probally best place anyway--as no one but the Dora's, The Panthers and who they invite are welcome. Bat appers there ---So all in all--I'll stick with what's reasonable, they will operate out of Wakanda which is Ground Zero for the entire situation, where they are building the incursion device and where Black Swan is T'challa prisoner.
    Not neccesarily, and, again, is not the same the same as saying the Illuminati are based there or have their HQ there.

    Aren't the Dora's supposed to be loyal to the Queen, the Black Panther, the ruler of Wakanda?

  3. #108
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Precisely. Honestly, if it was reversed--I would just accept what has been said--T'challa is the central character and he has some big role in the over all scheme that all the former Black Panther editors (Joe Q, Axel and Tom) seem to be excited about.

    I still think Shuri will play a role down the line. I would say the same if Namora was in her place.
    I like both Black Panther and Namor so it does not matter where they're based from. But some fans like to cry because they think, it will make their character look like he or she is less.

    Which is not how Hickman is writing this no matter where they are based from.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  4. #109
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    I just like to know would you be saying the same thing if, people was saying they wonder if they would be based out of Atlantis.

    I would guess not. And I never said they would be I said look like. But it is not clear that they aren't. Until Hickman say other wise everyone is guessing even you.
    LOL! When lacking any support for your argument, immediately deflect.

    And no, I'm not guessing. The Illuminati isn't a team. It doesn't have an HQ, it doesn't have a base where they 'hang out.'

  5. #110
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Not neccesarily, and, again, is not the same the same as saying the Illuminati are based there or have their HQ there.

    Aren't the Dora's supposed to be loyal to the Queen, the Black Panther, the ruler of Wakanda?
    What does it matter as long as we get a good story, and where they're based does not matter.

    Because they will most likely spend more time fighting on other earths. The good part is reading and finding out.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  6. #111
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,535

    Default

    The logical assumption is they are based out of Wakanda because that is what has been showing up in the comic. You Rheged have no proof they are not besides your anti-Black Panther bias.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  7. #112
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    LOL! When lacking any support for your argument, immediately deflect.

    And no, I'm not guessing. The Illuminati isn't a team. It doesn't have an HQ, it doesn't have a base where they 'hang out.'
    Where have you read where I said they was a team, you was having that argument with someone else. so don't try to pass it to me.

    All I've talked about was where they might be based, so read my post before you reply.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  8. #113
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    The logical assumption is they are based out of Wakanda because that is what has been showing up in the comic. You Rheged have no proof they are not besides your anti-Black Panther bias.
    No, that's the illogical assumption of someone that doesn't understand what the Illuminati are. The Illuminati MEET in different places, they aren't BASED in one place.

    Anti-Black Panther bias is proof? I'm not biased against Black Panther. I just find the statements of some of his fans ridiculous.


    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    Where have you read where I said they was a team, you was having that argument with someone else. so don't try to pass it to me.

    All I've talked about was where they might be based, so read my post before you reply.
    Teams are BASED somewhere, not a group of power mongers like the Illuminati. Just like they don't have a leader, they don't have a base.

  9. #114
    Part-Time Sith Joe Acro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Near Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    28,022

    Default

    I don't know why the semantics on a base or a meeting place are so important to drift the topic away from Shuri, but yet it is. Focus, people.

  10. #115

    Default

    The Illuminati was born in Wakanda and if they continue to operate out of Wakanda then Shuri should have some involvement.

  11. #116
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,516

    Default

    Fine. I repeat, aren't the Dora's supposed to be loyal to the Queen, the Black Panther, the ruler of Wakanda?

    Doesn't that mean the Dora are betraying their trust to Shuri by following T'challa's wishes?

  12. #117
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    The Illuminati was born in Wakanda and if they continue to operate out of Wakanda then Shuri should have some involvement.
    Wakanda bowed out of participating in the Illuminati, and the Illuminati operate in a variety of places without inviting any of the rulers of those countries.

  13. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Fine. I repeat, aren't the Dora's supposed to be loyal to the Queen, the Black Panther, the ruler of Wakanda?

    Doesn't that mean the Dora are betraying their trust to Shuri by following T'challa's wishes?
    No.

    Shuri is the Queen of Wakanda and Black Panther to the living. Tchalla is the King of the dead. The Dora's continue to fulfill their duty to their nation.

  14. #119
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,721

    Default

    So am I the only one who thinks Shuri and Valkyrie could strike up a great friendship?

  15. #120
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    The Illuminati was born in Wakanda and if they continue to operate out of Wakanda then Shuri should have some involvement.
    The thing with the Illuminati is that a part of their MO is keeping their existance a secret from all their friends, family, and loved ones. So it's possible that T'Challa might end up keeping this a secret from Shuri.

    Plus, if T'Challa feels Namor is needed in the group then he might not trust Shuri NOT to move against Namor while T'Challa still feels he's of use to them.

    Of course, I'm only speculating. It's possible T'Challa did inform Shuri of all of this, and she's cool with all of it... including Namor's involvement. Despite my initial impression of Shuri as a bit of a hot head, she's so far been a pretty mellow ruler.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •