View Poll Results: WHAT IS THE BEST GODZILLA FILM?

Voters
36. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Gojira / Godzilla King of the Monsters (1954)

12 33.33%
  • Mothra vs Godzilla / Godzilla vs The Thing (1964)

0 0%
  • Destroy All Monsters (1968)

3 8.33%
  • Terror of Mechagodzila (1975)

6 16.67%
  • Godzilla vs Biollante (1989)

4 11.11%
  • Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995)

1 2.78%
  • Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)

4 11.11%
  • OTHER (????)

6 16.67%
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Why does the American Godzilla movie gets so much hate?
    Well, one of the unbreakable rules for Godzilla movies is this: "Godzilla cannot be defeated by military force." Instead, someone always has to come up with a more creative plan to deal with Godzilla. Usually some scientist or other. The thing is that Godzilla is a metaphor for the atomic bomb. If you can defeat Godzilla by bombing the crap out of him, then that's like saying that the solution to the atomic bomb is hitting it with more bombs.

Being able to defeat a monster with military force is more in line with American sci-fi monsters like the Tarantula or The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms than the uniquely Japanese Godzilla. That's because the US still had faith in its military might in the '50s (after all, it was likely how we'd beat the Russkies ).
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Short answer: because it sucks.

Not-so-short answer: because "Zilla" isn't Godzilla nor does "Zilla" look like Godzilla; because the script sucked; because Matthew Broderick's character made me want to kick the shit out of him; because Jurassic Park 2.5 occurred within the context of the film; and because "Zilla" lacked Godzilla's atomic breath and some of his other tricks. "Power breath"—is that what you like to call it? There's a better movie with fire-breathing reptiles called Reign Of Fire. The difference is that they're called dragons and they fly.
    Last edited by verslibre; 07-16-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Haters gonna hate.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

The French were the villians. What more to you want for suspense?

I supposed if they did Mothra, the Orkin Man would have just sprayed him at the end.

Yep, Tarantula, Them, The Thing were taken down by normal means but they had some suspense. A big iguana - feh.

Default Godzilla may show up at Comic Con

The Latino Review is saying Legendary Pictures is going to be bringing Godzilla to Hall H along with Guillermo del Toro's own Kaiju movie Pacific Rim. It would be interesting to hear something new about Legendary Pictures' Godzilla, because I haven't really heard much of anything about it since 2009.

Godzilla is being directed by Gareth Edwards, whose last movie was the (boring) 2010 Monsters...which also had giant monsters in it. And is currently being rewritten by Max Borenstein from a script by David Goyer.

I hope Godzilla's design looks like that concept art in the link and not all iguana-like seen in the 1998 Godzilla movie. A lot of story details and some casting should come out during Comic-con I've been following this since they got Gareth Edwards to direct.

This year at the San Diego Comic Con/Geek Pride Parade. Legendary, the guys behind the upcoming Godzilla flick, will be showing off their tawdry wares of Pacific Rim and Man of Steel. Along for the ride is some news about Phase 2 of making an American Godzilla, and an audio and video display.

Freelance Illustrator

Default A Godzilla Card Set is possible!!!

I really think a Godzilla/Toho Kaiju Card Set would be AWESOME!!!
    The idea of breaking open a pack and getting cards with art from the film/comic books as well as an original sketch card of your favorite Kaiju- Who wouldn't want this???
    I'm currently working on the Transformer Card Set by Enterplay/Breygent Marketing and due out this fall- The cards are going to be SICK!!!

I can only hope that the powers that be can make a Godzilla Card Set possible... And please sign me up for art duty LMAO

Here are some cards I did this year - I love Giant Mechs and Kaijus.

2012 IDW Forum Contest Cards

2012 Puzzle Set Based Off Of A Previous Design From Another Artist

2012 5Finity/March Of Dimes Charity Card Set : Release Date TBD
    Last edited by FBWash; 07-02-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Needed to add in more text.

Quote Originally Posted by FBWash View Post
    The idea of breaking open a pack and getting cards with art from the film/comic books as well as an original sketch card of your favorite Kaiju- Who wouldn't want this???
    I'm currently working on the Transformer Card Set by Enterplay/Breygent Marketing and due out this fall- The cards are going to be SICK!!!

I can only hope that the powers that be can make a Godzilla Card Set possible... And please sign me up for art duty LMAO

AWESOME ART man!!! I love it! I hope I continued my love for drawing... didnt have money to get classes to improve it. Oh well... Those arts make me wanna try again now that I got time and money...

And yes, I agree with the Godzilla card set.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ
    Well, one of the unbreakable rules for Godzilla movies is this: "Godzilla cannot be defeated by military force." Instead, someone always has to come up with a more creative plan to deal with Godzilla. Usually some scientist or other. The thing is that Godzilla is a metaphor for the atomic bomb. If you can defeat Godzilla by bombing the crap out of him, then that's like saying that the solution to the atomic bomb is hitting it with more bombs.
    The worst thing was, it wasn't even that many bombs. He just got stuck in the bridge and a fighter squadron or two killed him in a couple passes. That's some BS. Plus, it was just absurd to have him running from helicopters and dodging missiles in flight like some kind of giant raptor with a Spidey-sense.
    I might be able to accept something like Cloverfield where the implication is that (offscreen) they had to level half the city the put down the monster.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Short answer: because it sucks.

Not-so-short answer: because "Zilla" isn't Godzilla nor does "Zilla" look like Godzilla; because the script sucked; because Matthew Broderick's character made me want to kick the shit out of him; because Jurassic Park 2.5 occurred within the context of the film; and because "Zilla" lacked Godzilla's atomic breath and some of his other tricks. "Power breath"—is that what you like to call it? There's a better movie with fire-breathing reptiles called Reign Of Fire. The difference is that they're called dragons and they fly.

^^^^

This.

Godzilla is still my favorite movie monster (actually my first geek love along with Planet of the Apes.)

I love his roar, his nuclear fire breath etc. He is fun, and, yet an ironically scary response to Hiroshima.

American 'Zilla was not the same thing, crap storyline, crap revision of the classic look and just awful all the way around.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by FBWash View Post

Godzilla The Trading Card Game: "It's all fun until you run into that one asshole whose entire deck is nothing but Mothra Leos. We hate that guy."
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Default Godzilla!!!!!

Anyone find a leaked Comic Con traiiler!!!! Anyone please all I can find is a blurry photo that's suppose to be his face

Is there a comic con trailer? Wow

I thought Godzilla project is dead from the lack of news...
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne