Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCC09: DC Comics' Sunday Conversation

Obscure '80s characters coming back, DC's space heroes stepping up strong, and new plans for the Batman and Superman franchises took the spotlight at the traditional fan discussion panel, and CBR was there.

Full article here.

Wouldn't WONDER WOMAN be closer to 700? Are we not counting SENSATION COMICS?

I wouldn't mind a Wild Dog mini, especially if they get Max Alan Collins back on writing duties.

"A fan in the audience asked whether or not DC would offer up fans a break from “events,” and Sattler said, "You can read 'Doc Savage' and other books that don't tie-in to events. If you look at our books, we'll have some crossover for 'Blackest Night' but the main part of 'Blackest Night' is in its miniseries if you want that. The regular line continued to run during 'Final Crisis.' We try to make our events manageable. I hear what you're saying, but for everyone who says, 'I don't want any more events' look at how many people in this room are wearing lantern corps t-shirts. We try to please everybody."

Translation: No.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbstruck View Post
    "A fan in the audience asked whether or not DC would offer up fans a break from “events,” and Sattler said, "You can read 'Doc Savage' and other books that don't tie-in to events. If you look at our books, we'll have some crossover for 'Blackest Night' but the main part of 'Blackest Night' is in its miniseries if you want that. The regular line continued to run during 'Final Crisis.' We try to make our events manageable. I hear what you're saying, but for everyone who says, 'I don't want any more events' look at how many people in this room are wearing lantern corps t-shirts. We try to please everybody."

Translation: No.
    Alternate translation: Not until people stop buying them.

"a certain colored ring"

Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnShil View Post
    Wouldn't WONDER WOMAN be closer to 700? Are we not counting SENSATION COMICS?
    I would imagine not.

I love how Sattler replies to a Supergirl comment with no mention of Supergirl at all

Good that Satler likes Ostrander's suicide Squad.
    Shame he hasn't bothered to push the company to say getting a trade out to get some money to help with Ostrander's medical costs.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Wow...guess it was a slow news day on Sunday. Sattler might as well have talked about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Shame he hasn't bothered to push the company to say getting a trade out to get some money to help with Ostrander's medical costs.
    Sattler doesn't work in the trades department.

Bouncin between Flint, MI and Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    I love how Sattler replies to a Supergirl comment with no mention of Supergirl at all
    I should note that Sattler TOTALLY gave props to Sterling and Jamal's Supergirl run, but I thought more people would be interested in reading about what he had to say about new products than peppering the story with quotes like "Yeah, Sterling and Jamal are killing it on that book, right?"

Maybe that's just me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyQuick View Post
    Sattler doesn't work in the trades department.
    Yeah, I'm sure a SENIOR EDITOR has no power to champion a project.:rolleyes:
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Yeah, I'm sure a SENIOR EDITOR has no power to champion a project.:rolleyes:
    How stupid are you? The trades department is a different one then the DCU department.

DC was planning a Showcase edition of Suicide Squad, but the last I heard it was canceled. It may be resolicited at some point, but it doesn't look like DC is in any hurry. I'd wager lack of interest and the fact that you can find the single issues fairly cheap are the main reasons it's not being done.
    Free your soul and let it fly....