Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Go take a chill pill ProfeZZor X's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Actually I think he’s one of the more complex X-Men. You can be interesting without being a jerk and Iceman is one of the more nuanced mutants while still having a consistent personality (whereas other “layered” mutants like Magneto tend to be that way only because they need to reconcile years of contradictory stories).

Iceman is the guy you can count on to help out when someone else is in need but is such a chronic underachiever that his own life is a mess. He’s a fairly smart guy (by no means brilliant but still very bright) but doesn’t like to show it because he thinks people like him better as the jokester. He has the potential to be ridiculously powerful but he’s content to throw snowballs at people. He’s one of the rare X-Men that actually has a life beyond superheroics.

Also he’s the kind of straight man that’s either so secure in his masculinity that it doesn’t bother him that people thinks he’s gay or – more likely given his reaction to Northstar and Bobby’s various similarities to Peter Parker – the kind of person that is completely oblivious to it. ;)
    I approve of this statement in every way... Well said.

It's almost been a full year since I've literally picked up a comic, no thanks to a busted computer while trying to build a custom one at the same time. Sure I've been on these boards here on and off over the months, but it wasn't the same.

Anyway, can someone give me the 411 on Iceman these days. Now that I have my PC up and running, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post
    It's almost been a full year since I've literally picked up a comic, no thanks to a busted computer while trying to build a custom one at the same time. Sure I've been on these boards here on and off over the months, but it wasn't the same.

Anyway, can someone give me the 411 on Iceman these days. Now that I have my PC up and running, I have a lot of catching up to do.
    Iceman did feats,

offered a threeway with Sam and Spider-man,

and is now dating Kitty.

Don't forget that Teen Iceman is now in the 616 and that 616 Iceman and Kitty's horrible child will be arriving from the future.

What actually made me try out Wolverine & the X-Men was that Logan approached Bobby so early. He has all this potential that few writers acknowledge, even Chris Claremont was kind of ignoring him. But then AvX happened, and I stayed away from W&tXM. Has he had anything good to do there?

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Didn't Liu just kill him off in the recent Astonishing?

That much I've been keeping tabs on, but I wasn't sure if anything else had developed between him and Kitty, and the interaction with his younger self.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

They've only exchanged a comical scream together so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post
    That much I've been keeping tabs on, but I wasn't sure if anything else had developed between him and Kitty, and the interaction with his younger self.
    Their interaction was basically them screaming. :-)

I think it's kinda cool that Iceman seems to be building up his powers or maybe the term would be focusing them. He's an omega level mutant but never seems to show it until you see him duking it out with the Red Hulk. While he's never been a favorite character of mine, I've always enjoyed him on the team. I think Jason Aaron is at least trying to develop the character a bit more and I think that's really what's needed.

I thought Bobby got depowered during M Day. When did he get them back? I know he's been around with them for awhile now.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

He didn't lose his powers, from memory he mentally subdued them on M-Day because.....
    idk, maybe he wanted to bang Polaris and his body heat was an issue. He got them back quickly.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    Didn't Liu just kill him off in the recent Astonishing?
    No. It was a decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    He didn't lose his powers, from memory he mentally subdued them on M-Day because.....
    idk, maybe he wanted to bang Polaris and his body heat was an issue. He got them back quickly.
    Emma jump started it, since she had been in his brain before. He was mentally subduing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    Iceman did feats,
    yeah, Bendis made him an out of character jerk here (and an idiot because taunting Cyclops was the last thing to do).

then Aaron made him a spineless idiot in WatXm 15 by having him apologize to Wolverine who was the wrongest of all.

and Bendis made him an idiot again in All-New with this "mutant apocalyptic nightmare" talk.

good characterisation all around :\
    Last edited by Lutecius; 12-13-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    yeah, Bendis made him an out of character jerk here (and an idiot because taunting Cyclops was the last thing to do).

then Aaron made him a spineless idiot in WatXm 15 by having him apologize to Wolverine who was the wrongest of all.

and Bendis made him an idiot again in All-New with this "mutant apocalyptic nightmare" talk.

good characterisation all around :\
    That isn't very encouraging to hear...

Hell, I'm still pissed Sinister Iceman died in an oven after AoA Nightcrawler sucker punched him. Five issues before that, Sinister Iceman was the most powerful Mutant in the Marvel Universe. How the hell does that happen.

Teen Iceman is great.
    [x]