View Poll Results: Favorite Pym Identity?

Voters
255. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Ant-Man

32 12.55%
  • Giant-Man

45 17.65%
  • Goliath

13 5.10%
  • Yellowjacket

62 24.31%
  • Dr. Pym - Scientific Adventurer

58 22.75%
  • The Wasp

43 16.86%
  • Other

2 0.78%
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Don't have any problems with it, but I find it a bit odd. Mostly wondering why they did it. He works and expands the technology, so it doesn't really limit his tech skills, if that was the goal. And if they were trying to limit him to certain fields, that would make his creation of Ultron kinda weird. I dunno.
    maybe they wanted Maria to seem like less of an arranged marriage trophy wife. like try to describe her to someone. she's almost of no consequence to Pym's origin despite being the source of his initial breakdown.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    maybe they wanted Maria to seem like less of an arranged marriage trophy wife. like try to describe her to someone. she's almost of no consequence to Pym's origin despite being the source of his initial breakdown.
    Ok, that makes sense. Gives his creation and passing on of the Ant Man name a bit more meaning, in a way. Though, now it's very similar to his Wasp id, it being a legacy to his dead wife.

They should take that machine the Master of the World had that removed all flaws from a human being making him "perfect", and use it on Henry Pym in order to heal all his neurosis.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...___page_59.jpg
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...___page_95.jpg

hmmm. so what do you guys think of them changing Pym's origin to make Maria the inventor of his cybernetic helmet?
    Found the whole book to be an overcomplicated re-telling of his origin. Just terrible. His father, his scientist wife and her coming up with the theory for the Ant-Man helmet (with him actually completing it and then building it), Bill Foster, having the bad guys being the ones that initially shrink him. All of that was just way too much, unnecessary, and honestly just missing the point of the original origin and the character. Plus apparently Hank has only been a superhero for 4-5 years given the Madoff drop.
    The Avengers Origin: Ant-Man and Wasp was a much better modern re-telling. Im forgetting this one, and just sticking with that and the original. I was very disappointed with Ant-Man: Season One .
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-12-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Found the whole book to be an overcomplicated re-telling of his origin. Just terrible. His father, his scientist wife and her coming up with the theory for the Ant-Man helmet (with him actually completing it and then building it), Bill Foster, having the bad guys being the ones that initially shrink him. All of that was just way too much, unnecessary, and honestly just missing the point of the original origin and the character. Plus apparently Hank has only been a superhero for 4-5 years given the Madoff drop.
    The Avengers Origin: Ant-Man and Wasp was a much better modern re-telling. Im forgetting this one, and just sticking with that and the original. I was very disappointed with Ant-Man: Season One .
    yeah, i actually liked the Ant-Man and Wasp story. the art really helped it; liked the redesign of the creature from kosmos. i sure hope they don't use the season 1 story for the movie.

Ok, that makes sense. Gives his creation and passing on of the Ant Man name a bit more meaning, in a way. Though, now it's very similar to his Wasp id, it being a legacy to his dead wife.
    they should do a whatif or otherworlds tales where Maria becomes the Wasp or Ant-Woman. i think it was only a matter of time someone used the cybernetic helmet or pym particles as an active costumed something.

He likes doing things for his dead wives. Can't help but wonder if Tigra ever dies, even though they aren't married, if he'd start wearing a tail?
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    He likes doing things for his dead wives. Can't help but wonder if Tigra ever dies, even though they aren't married, if he'd start wearing a tail?
    he'd just continue being a pussy. :)

he'd just continue being a pussy. :)
    HAHA!

Brilliant, gotta give you that one. Well played

So, we now know that in Marvel Now, Pym will continue appearing in Avengers titles.

It's a shame that Academy is getting cancelled, but it'd be great to see Hickman give a take on the character, and hopefully bring back Jan. Him and Tigra.....it's not the same. Jan and Hank belong together.

He's also going to be part of Remender's cast in CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Might be nice to see him on Hickman's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    He's also going to be part of Remender's cast in CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Might be nice to see him on Hickman's Avengers.
    Really? Sounds interesting. Where'd you come across this notion?
    I thought he was great in his role in Brubaker's 'Captain America Reborn.'
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Him and Tigra.....it's not the same. Jan and Hank belong together.
    I like Hank & Tigra. They're presently the most level headed & caring couple in comics in my view, and I think breaking that up so that people rooted in the past get their way would be a shame.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I like Hank & Tigra. They're presently the most level headed & caring couple in comics in my view, and I think breaking that up so that people rooted in the past get their way would be a shame.
    As much as I want Janet to return, I must admit that Hank and Tigra are a pretty awesome couple.
    Although Janet's inevitable return doesn't necessarily mean that Hank and Tigra would have to break up.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Janet doesn't have to be with Hank. I've always seen her as her own woman anyways. Hank and Tigra are a good couple so I hope they stick around.
    By the way, is there any certainty to the direction of Hank's character with Marvel NOW!?