Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I have to ask: whatever happened to that subplot about one of the new mutants characters being groomed to be the next leader of the x-men? Or has that been dropped/ignored?
    I'd say that plan was shelved, when the Schism took place.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I'd say that plan was shelved, when the Schism took place.
    one could argue that Kitty and Illyana are running the show these days.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    one could argue that Kitty and Illyana are running the show these days.
    Just as GAWD intended.
    cpjudd.com

Do we know where Magma, Warlick and Cypher will show up in 2013? Am I the only one that thinks that Sam Or Bobby might not survive their first mission as Avengers?

Guys Im Running a New mutants fan page on facebook! you are all welcome to visit it!
    http://www.facebook.com/TheNewMutants

I don't think there's any news on Magma and Warlock. Somebody said something about Cypher being at the school, but I don't know much about that. I wouldn't be surprised if Magma made an appearance in Fearless Defenders.

Hickman is supposed to like Sam and Bobby, so I wouldn't think he'd kill them off quickly.
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar
    arachne3003.deviantart.com Update 12/24/11

I think Magma would make a great addition to the Avengers, it's a shame she didn't get picked up as well.

Retired

In his Q&A on the Avengers forum, Hickman mentioned that he thought he was already pushing it just by asking for two of the New Mutants. He had considered Dani and Warlock too, but not Magma. She's confirmed to have at least a cameo in Fearless Defenders though, so there might be a home for her yet. She should just room with Shan and replace Warbird on Astonishing. X-Treme X-Men could be fun for her too.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    I think Magma would make a great addition to the Avengers, it's a shame she didn't get picked up as well.
    Hickman's only mistake, IMO. Magma would be fantastic in Avengers. It'd be great to see her on a team capable of using her full potential, instead of always being jobbed. With peers like Thor, Hulk, Cap Universe, Hyperion, and the Smasher, there'd be no need to pull a Zeb Wells and knock her out for 75% of the missions. Amara Aquilla, Concussion Queen! But yeah, she'll be in Fearless Defenders in some capacity, hopefully at least a recurring guest instead of a one-off cameo.

There's literally no way Hickman's ever going to kill Sam and Bobby, nevermind within their first mission. He's already confirmed that he's got plans for them later on (and that there is a likelihood of New Mutants cameos). And Sam and Bobby are in his Five Favorite Mutants of All Time.

Doug and Warlock, I don't know and don't really care. Warlock would be great in GotG though, so maybe he'll show up there?
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Doug needs to be moved over to the teaching staff with Kitty, I loved to see the chemistry of their friendship reintroduced and he is literally perfect for that capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    She should just room with Shan and replace Warbird on Astonishing.
    Yes! Warlock can go to X-treme but I'm okay with him not appearing every again. Same for Doug. CHARACTERS RUINED FOREVAH.
    [x]

BANNED

Doug needs to be moved over to the teaching staff with Kitty, I loved to see the chemistry of their friendship reintroduced and he is literally perfect for that capacity.
    I would prefer to see Doug with the new Uncanny X-men.

Retired

Warlock is like an imaginary friend that never left. It's embarrassing for them to still hang out with him.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    I would prefer to see Doug with the new Uncanny X-men.
    ... why?

No, seriously, all jokes aside, why? He's much better equipped and characterized as a scholar/professor, and not a vigilante revolutionary. He'd agree with the methodology of JGS more than Mariko's Weapon X Academy of Badassery, and he'd definitely prefer the JGS staff (Kitty...Psylocke's affiliation). He was Magneto's least favorite student. Illyana never gave a damn about him either way. He was one of the New Mutants Emma didn't particularly covet. Scott send Doug on a veritable suicide mission to the future. I am like, not seeing the rationale behind wanting to put him in Uncanny X-Men at all. I don't think he'd want to join them, and I definitely don't think they'd want him.

And from a completely biased point of view, no that'd suck cause I hate him and it'd make me not buy Uncanny.
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    ... why?

No, seriously, all jokes aside, why? He's much better equipped and characterized as a scholar/professor, and not a vigilante revolutionary. He'd agree with the methodology of JGS more than Mariko's Weapon X Academy of Badassery, and he'd definitely prefer the JGS staff (Kitty...Psylocke's affiliation). He was Magneto's least favorite student. Illyana never gave a damn about him either way. He was one of the New Mutants Emma didn't particularly covet. Scott send Doug on a veritable suicide mission to the future. I am like, not seeing the rationale behind wanting to put him in Uncanny X-Men at all. I don't think he'd want to join them, and I definitely don't think they'd want him.

And from a completely biased point of view, no that'd suck cause I hate him and it'd make me not buy Uncanny.
    I disagree that he'd take the JGS over Cyke's mission because that is the exact opposite of what he did in Schism. I don't think he(or anyone not introduced as such) is better characterized as a scholar/professor because that's very boring. Cyclops' trusted Doug enough to put mutantkind's future in his hands, and defended him when Emma tried to get him kicked off the team. And however Magneto or Illyana feels about him is irrelevant.

And really I would to see the pro-mutants stick together. I would have loved to see Dr Nemsis and Dani Moonstar in the new Uncanny but they're tied up in other books. Doug is free and his powerset will always be a good fix. Biasedly speaking next to Magik he is my favorite New mutants, and I think Bendis could characterize him really well.

This.
    The Linguist should be boning Pryde.
    Not the Popsicle.
    cpjudd.com