Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Wizard Announces Anaheim Comic-Con for 2010

Wizard Conventions has announced their latest convention offering to be held at at Anaheim Convention Center in Southern California April 16th-18th, 2010.

Full article here.

That just seems like a risky move to me to go up against the new C2E2 con in Chicago the same weekend. And what publishers will be there since the major ones are already going to be in Chicago?
    Nova Prime Page
    www.novaprimepage.com

So it's back to Wizard World Not Quite LA, like it used to be.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by nova64 View Post
    That just seems like a risky move to me to go up against the new C2E2 con in Chicago the same weekend. And what publishers will be there since the major ones are already going to be in Chicago?
    Well, I would assume most publishers have enough representatives to have a presence at both cons.
    "A true friend stabs you in the front." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Well, I would assume most publishers have enough representatives to have a presence at both cons.
    It also probably helps that there's a good chunk of the comics creator community that lives in the area.

Nothing will ever beat the second WWLA in Long Beach, though. SDCC-level talent, both in terms of scope and number, but with much shorter lines for everything.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Well this is a boon for me. I work right down the street. I hope Wizard doesn't screw it up and makes a poor showing. Let's make it big.
    Team Cool Approved Corrie Winning member of The Clique if it was real

Seems to me the only reason to do this show is to screw over C2E2 by stealing any possible Hollywood representation and a fair amount of west coast comics talent.

Wizard puts on bare bones boring shows. I'll be supporting C2E2.