Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: GEOFF JOHNS PRIME: Blackest Night

With "Blackest Night" #1 on sale now, CBR returns with GEOFF JOHNS PRIME, our exclusive feature where superstar writer Geoff Johns answers your questions about Green Lantern, The Flash, Superman and more.

Full article here.

The power of the infrared and ultraviolet has nothing to do with emotion. Itís something far more terrifying.

Very interesting, I hadn't thought about that.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2

"Carter Hall! Aquaman and his crew are all over ďBlackest Night.Ē Whatís next for him remains to be seen, but I certainly think he is one of the strongest characters with one of the richest mythologies in comics. Iíve loved what J. Michael Straczynski has done with Thor and it feels to me that Aquaman has that same epic scale behind him that only needs to be set free."

What a great idea! Someone please ask JMS right away to make a pitch for an Aquaman title.

Thumbs up

Johns on Captain Marvel! Could'nt be more exited.

Staff Writer

Default JMS on "Aquaman"

Hi Xenos,

I put that very question to JMS when he jumped from Marvel to DC and he responded as such:

As CBR News was fishing for more clues, what better place to start then with Aquaman, perhaps the most classic DCU character currently without his own solo series. However, when asked if would have any interest in telling Aquaman's story, specifically the return of Orin, JMS responded, "Not at this time." Although he added that Aquaman does have a place in DCU. "Absolutely, he does. It's a matter of finding a setting that maximizes his potential as a character," offered JMS, who is currently writing Marvel's otherworldly warrior, "Thor."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?i...6&page=article

Anyone still have those glow in the dark GL rings?

Quote Originally Posted by bongoes View Post
    The power of the infrared and ultraviolet has nothing to do with emotion. Itís something far more terrifying.

Very interesting, I hadn't thought about that.
    Yeah, this was by far the most interesting part of the whole interview!!! Part of me wonders if he isn't just joking around here, but if it is being serious, that portends much awesomeness in the future.

"'Legion of 3 Worlds' concludes next week."
    FINALLY?!

BANNED

Interesting I had just assumed that since they were so far from the center of the spectrum that they would just kill or burn out the users.

Man, people really want Johns to fix Shazam don't they!lol

If blackest night proves one thing is that dc is in trouble. I'm sorry Johns should be really ashemed himself for the last pages. :( This won't get anyone to buy comics. I could see more people leave. I never understood why dc needs to remind people of all the stupid deaths and things they have done in one big crossover.

I'd love to see John's on Shazam. I do hope he'd do it with Freddie Freeman rather than Batson. I sick of him going backwards with character legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    FINALLY?!

I know about time. Something to look forward to anyways.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Renaud View Post
    Hi Xenos,

I put that very question to JMS when he jumped from Marvel to DC and he responded as such:

As CBR News was fishing for more clues, what better place to start then with Aquaman, perhaps the most classic DCU character currently without his own solo series. However, when asked if would have any interest in telling Aquaman's story, specifically the return of Orin, JMS responded, "Not at this time." Although he added that Aquaman does have a place in DCU. "Absolutely, he does. It's a matter of finding a setting that maximizes his potential as a character," offered JMS, who is currently writing Marvel's otherworldly warrior, "Thor."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?i...6&page=article
    Thanks, Jeff. Too bad. I like the idea of JMS doing an undersea, epic Aquaman, but I guess it's not to be. But I can still hope that whomever picks up the story next will have a similar perspective on Arthur.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    "Carter Hall! Aquaman and his crew are all over ďBlackest Night.Ē Whatís next for him remains to be seen, but I certainly think he is one of the strongest characters with one of the richest mythologies in comics. Iíve loved what J. Michael Straczynski has done with Thor and it feels to me that Aquaman has that same epic scale behind him that only needs to be set free."

What a great idea! Someone please ask JMS right away to make a pitch for an Aquaman title.
    maybe it was a hint, like a wink, wink, nudge, nudge that JMS has been signed on to Aquaman. Maybe, just maybe.