Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: The Villains of "Batman: Arkham Asylum"

Check out a new trailer for "Batman: Arkham Asylum," focusing on the villains featured in the highly anticipated new game. We've also got character profiles and concept art for each character.

Full article here.

Did Ale Garza do the art sketch models?

All along I figured we'd be getting Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Scarface, and more...

Now I'm wondering if we're not looking at another 6 hour game, and the other characters held back for a sequel.

I could actually deal with characters being held back as long as there was at least one more villain I consider cool, and the game was actually a decent length. But this current group of baddies isn't really doing it for me. When I get the urge to fight giant reptiles and venus flytraps, I play Mario.
    "Personally, I kinda want to slay the dragon"

Every villain you would ever want is in this game, even a few you don't want, like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Check out these magazine scans: 1, 2

Also about this article CBR, it is very awesome how you guys provided nice big concept art pieces, but the links to the Joker art are both broken (at least on my browser), could you please fix them?

I wonder how Bane,Penguin and Ra's would fit into the story.Bane and Penguin aren't insane and Ra's is too big to be involved(except they want to pull a Batman Begins here and let him be the mastermind).
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Rei-Ginsei View Post
    Every villain you would ever want is in this game, even a few you don't want, like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Check out these magazine scans: 1, 2

Also about this article CBR, it is very awesome how you guys provided nice big concept art pieces, but the links to the Joker art are both broken (at least on my browser), could you please fix them?
    Awesome! I wonder if there'll be a villain for each chapter of the game as there's 20 chapters altogether.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Franklin View Post
    Did Ale Garza do the art sketch models?
    Nope, it was Carlos D'Anda.

So is anyone else not able to access the Joker concept art? Cuz I found 'em at gamespot: Joker Concept 1, and Joker Concept 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius View Post
    I wonder how Bane, Penguin and Ra's would fit into the story?
    In another part of that article they say that not all the villains are making "flesh & bones appearances", so they'll probably be challenge mode bosses or scarecrow hallucinations. Although Scarecrow, Clayface and Mad-Hatter are still unconfirmed, I'm sure they'll make it in, just judging from all the others on that list.

Man, I'm really hyped to play this game

Scarecow better be in it!

thanks for putting this up can't wait to get it it looks great and just because Bane not insane doens't mean he dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by stevelabny View Post
    All along I figured we'd be getting Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Scarface, and more...

Now I'm wondering if we're not looking at another 6 hour game, and the other characters held back for a sequel.
    This got bumped to the top by someone else, so i read it to see why, and i laughed a little bit about how right this guy was.
    Except the scarecrow bit, scarecrow was 50% of the boss fights.

I still need to play the first game
    If anyone here played it on PC; is it good? Are Console Ports are Better? Cause I'd like to know whether I should get it for my PC or PS3
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity