Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Rob Liefeld Talks Youngblood

Rob Liefeld returns full-time to his Image series as both writer and illustrator, and
    spoke with CBR about what fans can expect from "Youngblood" #9, which puts
    President Barack Obama in the crosshairs of some very bad people.

Full article here.

Looking forward to this as a long time Youngblood fan. Hopefully this is Rob on fire and not Rob by the numbers. I hope to see Youngblood Baptism of Fire or Bloodsport as opposed to Teen Titans or Strikefile Liefeld.

What the...?

I remember liking the Strikefile story as a kid. That's the one with Superpatriot fighting Diehard right?

Default Pass

I respect Rob Liefeld for drawing the occasional comic despite the criticism he gets about his art, but I would think that he should take some of that criticsm to heart. He should focus on his anatomy, backgrounds, and costume consistency, etc. I not going to quote chapter and verse of where his art falls apart. This has been detailed in many online boards through the years. Some of the pages of this issue of Youngblood have been previewed online and they look terrible to me. So another 'pass' for me on another Liefeld comic.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    I remember liking the Strikefile story as a kid. That's the one with Superpatriot fighting Diehard right?
    Yep, 1-3. With the Chapel flipbook drawn by Jae Lee.
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

I just hope he stays focused and keep getting the issues done. When he's putting an effort into his work, like in the preview pages, it really looks great. I for one enjoy seeing Die-hard looking like his old self.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index

Default Done

I am done with the series and Rob Liefield. It pains me that I bought the first trade.

I went back and got all of Liefelds Image work. I hate to say they were discounts but I did fill the gaps in my image collection.

Its hard to believe Image was thought of as DARK and EDGY at one time. Now they seem more Marvel and DC like than Marvel and DC. Oh, the irony.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

BANNED

dear mr. liefeld,

please don't disappoint me by not finishing what you start.

thank you.

So will Casey's story ever get completed? I actually liked it!
    Comic book commentary and media bullying at http://comicperday.blogspot.com/

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by I am MODOK View Post
    So will Casey's story ever get completed? I actually liked it!
    It will not. At least it won't be finished by Casey.

NEVERENDS comic artist Beto_Machado's Avatar

I've been on a 90's kick and am now past the Liefeld-bashing phase.

That being said, i do not like how his comics have even less backgrounds (!) nowadays, and how he seems to have ditched inking forever. His stuff on Image United, which is inked, looks so much better. Hell, Liefeld has a damn good inker on his own forum (the guy that inked the extra pages from the YB hardcover)!

Lack of inking once made me drop Michael Turner alltogether, and this may happen to Liefeld soon.

I want the guy to get back on his feet, but it's like he doesn't want to.

It is damn hard to respect Youngblood when 80% of the series is made of unfinished stories. Casey, Moore, Millar, Kirkman... It's like Liefeld just doesn't care.

I mean, how hard it is to spend 3 or 4 issues closing up the threads left by the previous writer? It's not rocket science!
    Last edited by Beto_Machado; 07-02-2009 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
    I've been on a 90's kick and am now past the Liefeld-bashing phase.

I want the guy to get back on his feet, but it's like he doesn't want to.

It is damn hard to respect Youngblood when 80% of the series is made of unfinished stories. Casey, Moore, Millar, Kirkman... It's like Liefeld just doesn't care.
    dude made a lot of money in the 90s and married some chick that has money (model or film star, i forget what she is). i doubt he needs to get back on his feet

Quote Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
    I mean, how hard it is to spend 3 or 4 issues closing up the threads left by the previous writer? It's not rocket science!
    this is my feelings towards image in general. there are so many titles out there that were cancelled without being completed. i'm very careful when i buy image stuff because i know some of it will never be completed.

SPAWN, SAVAGE DRAGON, CYBERFORCE(mini series) and YOUNGBLOOD, the Image universe has returned, hope it stays this time!
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Default Rob Liefeld/Youngblood

Man, i'm a big fan of Liefeld's comics (Youngblood, Brigade, Bloodstrike, etc.)! Hope he adds a homage of Spider-Man to the Youngblood thing. I'd call him the White Spider and give him a white and blue costume with metallic silver web designs! That'd be way awesome. A web-swinger!