Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Alan Moore on Geoff Johns?

Has anyone ever heard of Alan Moore's feelings towards what Geoff Johns is doing with Green Lantern? He's the guy who came up with the prophecy, and Geoff Johns is taking that fairly vague idea and running. Also, ignoring the prophecy itself, Alan Moore (who, by the way, is usually an overrated jerk) wrote some good stories on GL, period- so, I'm curious to know his reaction to Johns' work.

-A

The Man of Your Dreams JohnPopa's Avatar

My guess would be Moore has never seen it and he probably wouldn't care what Johns did with it regardless.
    -----

Mark Waid declared me a genius at Heroes Con 2008. I stand by his decision.

What the...?

I don't think he follows any DC or Marvel books to even notice who he is.

Slightly sarcastic Name Already Taken's Avatar

He would probably tell whomever asked the question to go bugger them self and sod off, then throw a smoke pellet on the ground and fly away in batform to his mystical lair in Narnia.
    Still buying:
    Action, JL, JL Dark, Scalped, SHIELD, PunisherMAX, Thor, FF, Invincible Iron Man, The Sixth Gun, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, BPRD, The Walking
    Dead, Invicible

Registration Withdrawn TROUBLEZ's Avatar

I bet if he did keep up with it, he'd be surprised that someone actually did Blackest Night since it's not supposed to actually happen because it's the GL Corps version of the Apocalypse. He'd probably also mention how the harbingers of blackest night weren't zombie lanterns, but Lovecraft's Old Ones.
    But he's a pretty nice guy so I'm sure he wouldn't be an ass about it. He's always seemed very gracious in regards to fellow writers and artists.

Alan Moore has said many times that he does not read mainstream comics

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLEZ View Post
    He's always seemed very gracious in regards to fellow writers and artists.
    As long as they're not named Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Avarax View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of Alan Moore's feelings towards what Geoff Johns is doing with Green Lantern? He's the guy who came up with the prophecy, and Geoff Johns is taking that fairly vague idea and running. Also, ignoring the prophecy itself, Alan Moore (who, by the way, is usually an overrated jerk) wrote some good stories on GL, period- so, I'm curious to know his reaction to Johns' work.

-A
    Overrated may be a matter of opinion, but when in the world is he a JERK?

The man's as good-hearted as it gets in the industry, short of anyone named George Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarax View Post

-A
    This is awesome. You have a thread where you talk about Alan Moore and Geoff Johns. And then you go and call Alan Moore the "overrated" one. Brilliant!!! My snort of amusement skyrocketed me clean out of my chair!
    Last edited by RyleKayner; 07-01-2009 at 03:02 AM.

Firstly, as was noted, Alan Moore is neither overrated, nor a jerk.
    Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Second, he probably wouldn't care about some work for hire stuff he did decades ago that Geoff has decided to use as the basis of his Green Lantern 'masterpiece'.

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Asking Alan Moore about Geoff Johns' use of 'his' Green Lantern creations would probably have the same effect as asking Johnny Depp how he feels about someone re-creating his role in 'Nightmare on Elm Street'.

I'd want to know why "1910" is such a boring piece of wank.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    I'd want to know why "1910" is such a boring piece of wank.
    Alan Moore has already done enough impressive work that he has earned every bit of his big reputation. But creative types sometimes change interests over the years, and move into areas where the original fanbase may not choose to follow. And after a certain number of years, just about any creative type may finally run low on ideas. The Beatles were amazing, and Paul McCartney went on to do some decent work in Wings and then as a solo act. But when was the last time you heard a great new song from McCartney?
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Alan Moore has already done enough impressive work that he has earned every bit of his big reputation. But creative types sometimes change interests over the years, and move into areas where the original fanbase may not choose to follow. And after a certain number of years, just about any creative type may finally run low on ideas. The Beatles were amazing, and Paul McCartney went on to do some decent work in Wings and then as a solo act. But when was the last time you heard a great new song from McCartney?
    Moore still did Promethea, which makes for all this LoEG self-indulgent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    Moore still did Promethea, which makes for all this LoEG self-indulgent stuff.
    Self-indulgent?

Only Lost Girls could fit that bill.

Let's not forget the man gave us Top 10 not too long ago either; he's still got the touch.