Page 6 of 380 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    What's this one from?

Ultimate X-Men 13 or 14.

Its the last page of thirteen. It's probably the best Gambit story outside of his Niceza solo in the last decade or so and strangely enough was written by Chuck Austen.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Thanks guys. I may well have to check that one out. I just looked it up and was immediately drawn by the 'almost no supernatural or mystical elements' line ...

Although I should probably read more Uncanny etc. before branching out into other universes
    Last edited by Rowenna; 07-04-2009 at 07:45 AM.

With that one you really don't have to. It's really self-contained. The only mention the rest of the universe gets is when Storm and Xavier try and recruit him and he calls Chuck a pedophile.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Thought I'd show my Gambit appreciation with a look at my custom figure I made a couple months back.
    Did it Marvel vs Capcom style.

Some of you might have already seen it when I initially showed it on Marvel.

Last edited by Nikto; 07-04-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canemacar View Post
    With that one you really don't have to. It's really self-contained. The only mention the rest of the universe gets is when Storm and Xavier try and recruit him and he calls Chuck a pedophile.
    Seriously? That's genius ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikto View Post
    Thought I'd show my Gambit appreciation with a look at my custom figure I made a couple months back.
    Did it Marvel vs Capcom style.

Some of you might have already seen it when I initially showed it on Marvel.
    Wow, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post

The covers for that Mini were so great. If only the same could be said for the story inside them.
    Aaron - That JonoGuy

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

I hope they stay far away from each other or they'll lose those edgy personalities. How lame would it be to go from terrorist bombing to begging your girlfriend to forgive you for leaving the toilet seat up.
    Hey I still say that is only lame when it's written lamely. Just leave out the domestication part and the right writer can pull it off.

Well, Carey said something about writing a Gambit short a few days ago. I thought it was set in the past because o how he said it would be set in between two already established character beats, but now I wonder if it's a transitionary piece meant to link Gambit from his role in Legacy to whatever Lowe may have planned.
    Ok but is that 'Lowe is planning something for Gambit' because you heard something or because your wishful thinking is set to eleven? I haven't been able to find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Naira K
    Nooo, I want them to be just like they appeared together first - flirty, nothing serious, no whining, pure passion.
    That would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Naira K
    You know what else I'm excited for? Age of Apocalypse.
    Uhm, then you should travel back in time to the 90's......and watch Rogue be married to a creepy guy who used his ability to touch her to lure this traumatized teenage girl away from her boyfriend Gambit.....

Uhm, then you should travel back in time to the 90's......and watch Rogue be married to a creepy guy who used his ability to touch her to lure this traumatized teenage girl away from her boyfriend Gambit.....
    Nonono I mean WATX Age of Apocalypse. I'm hoping for Rogue's long hair and a green hood. :rolleyes:

gambit's my favorite x-man. here's a link to his spotlight, although it is somewhat outdated:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotli...Auto=83&page=7

favorite gambit covers:

favorite gambit costume:

and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naira K View Post
    Nonono I mean WATX Age of Apocalypse. I'm hoping for Rogue's long hair and a green hood. :rolleyes:
    Ahh ok. They're doing AoA there huh? I have yet to watch it. Well, I saw the first three eps at theSan Diego Comicon screening last year, which was cool, but I'm still thinking I wanna get the DVD set when it comes out and see it all in one go.

'Course that means I'm all kindsa out of touch until then...

Default fanciable

Gambit and Nightwing are the only really properly male comic book characters, at least that I can think of. Skroce's version was very nice to look at.