Page 2 of 380 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    Naira: Nice thread but don't you think a good Gambit clip from the movie not a Wolverine one with Gambit in it would have been more appropriate for a Gambit thread?
    Oh well I thought it was funny.
    I guess you're right. How do you like these?

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    Naira: Nice thread but don't you think a good Gambit clip from the movie not a Wolverine one with Gambit in it would have been more appropriate for a Gambit thread?
    If you have any in mind, feel free to post them.

Naira K, is Rogue the girl for Gambit?

i didnt like the movie version of Gambit 8 minutes on screen lack of Charisma and lack of an accent, as for comics i hate Careys take on Gambit and sadly for me he's the only writer willing to use Remy

Quote Originally Posted by timbox View Post
    Naira K, is Rogue the girl for Gambit?
    YES SHE IS!!! Rogue and Gambit used to be beautiful together until Milligan took charge and made them boring and out of character. Gambit is a womanizer and Rogue is the one he wants but can't touch and he's the one to realize that love is not just physical. Vice versa, he was the one to open Rogue up, make her a deeper person. Their relashionship is unique and beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    i didnt like the movie version of Gambit 8 minutes on screen lack of Charisma and lack of an accent, as for comics i hate Careys take on Gambit and sadly for me he's the only writer willing to use Remy
    On the one hand, I'll agree with you. Too much noise about him and too little screen time. However, Taylor Kitsch's voice is very deep, hot and edgy. He has the Gambit smile and Remy's mannerism. Not to say he's just a pretty guy.
    I love Mike Carey but I did feel that his take on deep is very much on the surface. I hope it was because he's been a supporting character in Legacy. A Gambit-centered arc would be GREAT!

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naira K View Post
    Rogue and Gambit used to be beautiful together until Milligan took charge and made them boring and out of character.
    God, wasn't that awful? It read like fanfic to me! They barely even resembled the actual characters during the Milligan run. I think he really only knew the bare basics about them. I mean he still wrote them like they had never touched, while it was right after the X-treme run where they lived together without powers for months! I think Milligan didn't even know that, which makes it almost impossible to even accept his run as canon for me.

I love Mike Carey but I did feel that his take on deep is very much on the surface. I hope it was because he's been a supporting character in Legacy. A Gambit-centered arc would be GREAT!
    (Gonna assume you meant 'his take on Gambit' here, hehe) Gambit has indeed been a side character in Carey's stories but at least that has brought him back into the x-verse as a regularly recurring character, which is more than anyone else has done. I'm curious to see what he'll do with a current story with Gambit as the lead.

And really Carey deserves props alone for bringing Gambit back to himself after he'd been turned into the Amazing Fartman of Apocalypse... That shot of 'pick a card, Cable' in MC was a big relief.

Just adding my appreciation to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shaid O Gray View Post
    (Gonna assume you meant 'his take on Gambit' here, hehe) Gambit has indeed been a side character in Carey's stories but at least that has brought him back into the x-verse as a regularly recurring character, which is more than anyone else has done. I'm curious to see what he'll do with a current story with Gambit as the lead.

And really Carey deserves props alone for bringing Gambit back to himself after he'd been turned into the Amazing Fartman of Apocalypse... That shot of 'pick a card, Cable' in MC was a big relief.
    Oh dang when I think of something and write about something else a mess happens. So excited about this thread, lol.
    Oh Messiah Complex was generally awesome AHEMROGUEAHEM. I'm a huge Bachalo fan and I was excited to see him draw Gambit's comeback. And it's wonderful how kind and caring Carey's Gambit is. But I just don't see how he was needed in the Legacy arcs. It seemed like Carey just really really wanted to put him in but the arc belonged to Xavier or Rogue.

Oh well I thought it was funny.
    I guess you're right. How do you like these?

http://thevirts.com/insiders/gambit/
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Oh dang when I think of something and write about something else a mess happens. So excited about this thread, lol.
    Oh Messiah Complex was generally awesome AHEMROGUEAHEM. I'm a huge Bachalo fan and I was excited to see him draw Gambit's comeback. And it's wonderful how kind and caring Carey's Gambit is. But I just don't see how he was needed in the Legacy arcs. It seemed like Carey just really really wanted to put him in but the arc belonged to Xavier or Rogue.
    I really have to agree with you Gambits appearances in Legacy was pointless, he didn't really do anything at all. I found it a real let down to be honest with you and to tell you the truth I am still unsure if Carey really wants to use Gambit at all. I guess it is just from his interviews about Legacy, Gambit barley gets a mention if he does it is one word or half a sentence and that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowenna View Post
    As am I, though it is well done Naira, love the effort.
    I appreciate Rogue and Gambit, that is when it's not all drama...

I don't think Carey has a very good grasp of the character to be honest. I think it was Gambit Origins that sealed it for me. Up until then I had been willing to give Carey the benefit of the doubt since the nature of Legacy kept him from focing on Gambit. But once Origins came around and he had the entire issue to focus on Gambit I noticed most of the characterization issue with Legacy carried over.

But the matter seems to be behind us as the most recent interviews seem to indicate Gambit will be leaving the title shortly after #227/8. Mike seems to think Lowe's got something in mind for him.

Also, Gambit is more or less confirmed as a playable character in the new Ultimate Alliance game. A week ago, a glitch in their site revealed they had Gambit's bio typed up for the Juggernaut character page, indicating he was a future reveal. A little while ago, I found a picture of the box art that shows him on the cover:

http://www.tothegame.com/boxshot.asp?picnum=uk&id=8383
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Oh I still haven't read the Gambit Origins story. I'm stuck in Russia again and I'm too lazy to order the books.

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    As am I, though it is well done Naira, love the effort.
    I appreciate Rogue and Gambit, that is when it's not all drama...
    Thanks you guys. I really want this thread to live, Gumbo deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by mythog View Post
    I really have to agree with you Gambits appearances in Legacy was pointless, he didn't really do anything at all. I found it a real let down to be honest with you and to tell you the truth I am still unsure if Carey really wants to use Gambit at all. I guess it is just from his interviews about Legacy, Gambit barley gets a mention if he does it is one word or half a sentence and that is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canemacar View Post
    I don't think Carey has a very good grasp of the character to be honest. I think it was Gambit Origins that sealed it for me. Up until then I had been willing to give Carey the benefit of the doubt since the nature of Legacy kept him from focing on Gambit. But once Origins came around and he had the entire issue to focus on Gambit I noticed most of the characterization issue with Legacy carried over.

But the matter seems to be behind us as the most recent interviews seem to indicate Gambit will be leaving the title shortly after #227/8. Mike seems to think Lowe's got something in mind for him.

Also, Gambit is more or less confirmed as a playable character in the new Ultimate Alliance game. A week ago, a glitch in their site revealed they had Gambit's bio typed up for the Juggernaut character page, indicating he was a future reveal. A little while ago, I found a picture of the box art that shows him on the cover:

http://www.tothegame.com/boxshot.asp?picnum=uk&id=8383
    This is really a pity because Carey did an amazing job on every other character he's worked on. Though his Gambit is adorable, especially in MC, he was really misused in Xavier arcs recently. However, I have to say that Carey woke up the fandom's interest for the character, which is a great thing.

By the way, Canemacar, feels good to see Gambit next to Wolverine and other major superheroes. I'm so proud of Remy ^_^.

Thank you, this is beautiful! I wonder how come we never saw it before.
    Last edited by Naira K; 06-30-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Oh my good gods ... I think I just had a nerdgasm ...

I'm an ex-croupier so I'm pretty good with cards anyway, but this is the kind of stuff I'm trying to learn at the minute. Thanks for posting this, I'll be studying those tricks closely!

Oh my good gods ... I think I just had a nerdgasm ...

I'm an ex-croupier so I'm pretty good with cards anyway, but this is the kind of stuff I'm trying to learn at the minute. Thanks for posting this, I'll be studying those tricks closely!
    yeah it was brillently edited togethere i forgot it wasnt Taylor doin the card tricks for a sec

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Carey really does like Gambit, but those stories didn't really have much place for him. They truly were Xavier's /Rogue's stories. But then the only alternative was to leave him out completely and I appreciate him at least trying to bring Gambit back as a presence.

Quote Originally Posted by canemacar
    Interesting since the origins shot didn't really change my mind one way or the other on that since it was mainly recapping his history, albeit with a bit of a connecting character arc that previously wasn't there. Not great but I thought it wasn't bad.

And his take kinda fits my image of Gambit: morally ambivalent, has a cold and calculating streak but underneath a romantic with a bit of a desire to redeem himself for some of the crap he pulled. Charming bastard with an 'inner good guy'. Seems on the spot to me. What exactly are your issues with Carey's characterization of him? Too nice? Just curious.

Really? Everything I've read so far had Carey confirming Gambit will at least be a recurring presence in Legacy. Where'd you read this?