Page 143 of 380 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 5690

Quote Originally Posted by red eyes View Post
    spoilers:
    Don't worry, Rogue beat Moonknight (shocker), saying that she beat everyone. Gambit didn't look bad though, only move i think MK landed was when he suprised attacked him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Gambit effectively beat him, though. He had him down on the ground and clearly at his mercy. His mistake was assuming that the Avengers would be reasonable, and holding back from hurting them as much as he could. MK took advantage of that.

So I am not unhappy with how it shook out.
    end of spoilers

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    spoilers:
    Gambit effectively beat him, though. He had him down on the ground and clearly at his mercy. His mistake was assuming that the Avengers would be reasonable, and holding back from hurting them as much as he could. MK took advantage of that.

So I am not unhappy with how it shook out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm not unhappy either, Gambit was shown as having the upper hand. But saying that, probably my last issue untill the focus change, little bored of Rogue.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm not unhappy either, Gambit was shown as having the upper hand. But saying that, probably my last issue untill the focus change, little bored of Rogue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Actually this is the most interesting she's been in two years and the best Gambit's been in a fight in Legacy in the same amount of time so I'm pretty happy with this issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    spoilers:
    Actually this is the most interesting she's been in two years and the best Gambit's been in a fight in Legacy in the same amount of time so I'm pretty happy with this issue.
    end of spoilers
    I think the issue was ok as well, but i've supported the book long enough and find it mediocre overall and i'm not really wanting to buy a Rogue solo much longer, so i'm dropping it.

I think the issue was ok as well, but i've supported the book long enough and find it mediocre overall and i'm not really wanting to buy a Rogue solo much longer, so i'm dropping it.
    Completely understandable. I've been playing it by ear and only buying the issues I want. Honestly I didn't buy some of the earlier ones because it was just dragging. This is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    Completely understandable. I've been playing it by ear and only buying the issues I want. Honestly I didn't buy some of the earlier ones because it was just dragging. This is an improvement.
    Yep, Gage has had a huge improvement on Careys last 10-15 issues and his first few as well, if i hear anything interesting about the book before the focus change i'll be sure to pick it up, but what's coming up is 4-5 issue of Rogue VS Ms Marvel and Rogue on her own in space, so i think it's a good idea to skip them.

I'm a fan of Gage's work generally though, no chance of dropping Avengers Academy.
    Last edited by red eyes; 05-30-2012 at 12:00 PM.

I quite understand. If you're not a big Rogue fan, this book is not going to be your cup of tea, because that's most of what it has to offer. They should honestly call it Rogue and the X-Men, and be done with it.

That said, I am in theory enough of a Rogue fan to tolerate it and even enjoy it. I say in theory, because I haven't seen a Rogue I've liked or recognised until the last issue or two.

I will say one positive thing about the last issue. It's refreshing to see that Rogue actual;ly does care about the other characters. Wanting to kill Iron Man for hurting Gambit shows a level of concern for him we haven't seen since before Carey's run. It makes it less nauseating to see Gambit falling over himself worrying about someone who actually does care if he lives or dies.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Quote Originally Posted by Canemacar View Post
    I will say one positive thing about the last issue. It's refreshing to see that Rogue actual;ly does care about the other characters. Wanting to kill Iron Man for hurting Gambit shows a level of concern for him we haven't seen since before Carey's run. It makes it less nauseating to see Gambit falling over himself worrying about someone who actually does care if he lives or dies.
    As Gage has been writing her the last few issues, Rogue is still totally in love with him. She just doesn't know it yet.

Grateful Gambit got a little showing in XML this week. Wish this was a team book instead...

Yeah I'm bout to drop it too. Not a big Rogue fan. I'm trying to stay just to see how the change in direction works, but its getting harder and harder for me to do that.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Gage has said that Legacy is a Rogue book, and will stay that way, at least through AvX. After that, he's intimated that he's going to deal with Rogneto, so expect the focus to remain similar.

I sometimes wonder whether the Rogue-focus in X-Men Legacy is part of why Carey gave her that name in AoX.

But, to focus on the positive, at least we have options now! We have Astonishing, and, very soon, the Gambit solo. It's better than when Gambit was only in Legacy, and then appeared in the background for one panel. Hell, he's getting more time in Legacy now than he was then.

Honestly, more panel time in Legacy isn't neccesarily a good thing in my opinion. He's still there for only two reasons; to angst over Rogue(who until last issue seemed pretty indifferent), and to get beaten up so Rogue can save the day. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd be happier if Gage just wrote him out of the book.

Anyone pitched that idea to his twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Canemacar View Post
    Honestly, more panel time in Legacy isn't neccesarily a good thing in my opinion. He's still there for only two reasons; to angst over Rogue(who until last issue seemed pretty indifferent), and to get beaten up so Rogue can save the day. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd be happier if Gage just wrote him out of the book
    Then he needs to write everybody in the book out. It's not like Gambit's the only one who's just there to move Rogue's story along. So is Rachel, Sam and Mimic. The book needs some subplots.

Then by all means, write everyone but Rogue out of the book. If he isn't going to write the X-men in a book titled X-men, he can make due without them. His numbers are already half of what they were, let's see just how well Rogue can actually hold down a solo.