Page 213 of 380 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 5690

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    If Gambit was in Uncanny and with P5 so now he would be with new better or worse powers. (Like Cyce, Magneto etc). I like his powers and do not whant them to be another
    Nah, that wouldn't have happened. Gambit probably would have sided with Psylocke and Storm in Uncanny and not go with Mags and the P5. So his powers wouldn't have changed any.

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Nah, that wouldn't have happened. Gambit probably would have sided with Psylocke and Storm in Uncanny and not go with Mags and the P5. So his powers wouldn't have changed any.
    Yeah i could've seen that happen, especially with Storm there.

Fraction also wanted Gambit in Uncanny, according to someone at the GG who spoke to him at a convention. But was told no by editorial because of Legacy/Carey.

It kinda makes you wonder where the character would be if he went the Uncanny (Fraction + Gillen) and Cable & the X-force route, instead of Legacy/X-23/Astonishing.
    Last edited by red eyes; 01-17-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Gemmy,

Just because it is important to Gambit fans doesn't mean it impacts Marvel's decision making.

True and so I didn't claim that it would. Only that it's important to fans how/where Remy ends up post solo.

My proof of my statement is Puck. He is an obscure character that was not in a book. He is in a book now because someone at Marvel woke up one day and was like fuck it I miss Puck. My point is Gambit being in a main title is the effect. The cause is an Editor or Writer wanting him there. And an Editor or Writer wanting him there has nothing to do with whether he is currently in a main title or not. It has to do with whether they like him or not period.

And I was saying Asmus and Liu can influence that just like any writer. If another writer or editor likes Asmus' Gambit, it's not like they will say, I love Asmus's Gambit but I still can't use him because the story didn't take place in a main title. Again, I think you are confusing a fan's desire with what influences decisions at Marvel. Whenever his solo ends, it's success will me measured by whether Marvel liked what Asmus and Liu did enough to give them more jobs where they can potentially use Gambit and whether it changed other writers opinions on the character that they want to use him.

And Gillen didn't get Gambit because someone higher up than him said no and he by his own admission didn't fight for him. If he really wanted him and went to bat for him, who knows. Again, in the end it comes down to people. I am pretty sure Gillen didn't want Gambit because he was in a main title ie XML. He wanted him because it fit his story mostly likely because Sinister was one of his main villains. So again, main title appearances don't impact decisions any more than any other book. Main book appearences are merely the effect with the cause being someone at marvel going to bat for a character.

And you did not upset me Gemmy. This is a message board. We are just sharing our ideas and opinions. I was just saying I just hate it when people worry about things they can't change instead of fully enjoying what is right in front of them.

Remydat, I'm not disputing that if a writer wants to write him , he'll find a home somewhere. I agree with you on that but that's not at all what I was trying to convey. None of the current main title writers want to write him, which is of concern , if not now, eventually. I was simply saying if that should change and he end up in a main title showing, it could only help to ensure his survival post the solo.

That Puck that got a chance in a book (coming out of obscurity) is similar to Remy's chance in his solo coming out of wallpaper status but the point was what will happen to Puck (or Remy) after that writer is done if no one else wants to pick him (or her?) up. [is Puck a guy?] BTW, I know about what happened with Gillen and his desire. I know he didn't fight for him but that doesn't negate that he wanted him initially. It just means the answer was no despite the writer.

Also (and this is not to you remydat) concern for him post the solo , or not being upset if he should get a showing in a main book doesn't invalidate the solo in any way or dilute the joy coming from it or render it B-class or anything of the sort. It's not ungratefulness . It's just looking to the future.

Askia32, I agree that it's about money.

Quote Originally Posted by red eyes View Post
    Yeah i could've seen that happen, especially with Storm there.

Fraction also wanted Gambit in Uncanny, according to someone at the GG who spoke to him at a convention. But was told no by editorial because of Legacy/Carey.

It kinda makes you wonder where the character would be if he went the Uncanny (Fraction + Gillen) and Cable & the X-force route, instead of Legacy/X-23/Astonishing.
    IA, would Gambit had been better off for the launch of his solo due to being in those other books. It's possible his roles would still be small but still in the one arc of Uncanny he was in, he wasn't horrible. Certainly was more in character than we had seen in XML.

I'm disappointed that Carey held the veto of use for a character he never really intended on writing. Telling these other writers no was not playing well with others. He wasn't really using the character, and they could have agreed on no change in status quo if that was the reason.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    It is a bit worrisome if it's true that editors are shooting down Gambit appearing in Uncanny X-Men when a author has intentions to use him.
    It was during the Schism. You had Blue and Gold teams. They obviously nixed his going to Blue Team because Carey wanted him in XML so he could have Racky LeBeau looking like a tool while Rogeneto went down.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    True and so I didn't claim that it would. Only that it's important to fans how/where Remy ends up post solo.

Remydat, I'm not disputing that if a writer wants to write him , he'll find a home somewhere. I agree with you on that but that's not at all what I was trying to convey. None of the current main title writers want to write him, which is of concern , if not now, eventually. I was simply saying if that should change and he end up in a main title showing, it could only help to ensure his survival post the solo.

That Puck that got a chance in a book (coming out of obscurity) is similar to Remy's chance in his solo coming out of wallpaper status but the point was what will happen to Puck (or Remy) after that writer is done if no one else wants to pick him (or her?) up. [is Puck a guy?] BTW, I know about what happened with Gillen and his desire. I know he didn't fight for him but that doesn't negate that he wanted him initially. It just means the answer was no despite the writer.

Also (and this is not to you remydat) concern for him post the solo , or not being upset if he should get a showing in a main book doesn't invalidate the solo in any way or dilute the joy coming from it or render it B-class or anything of the sort. It's not ungratefulness . It's just looking to the future.

Askia32, I agree that it's about money.
    Fair enough. All I am saying is his being in the main title is not the real issue. The real issue is him having writers who want to write him. So I guess what I was trying to say is that you should not be worrying about whether he is in a main title as that is only the effect with the cause being writers wanting to write him because that is what matters. Carey is gone so he is no longer stopping anyone from writing Gambit.

So the real question here is if Bendis likes him or if Aaron likes him. We know UA is out because Remender made his thoughts clear and I don't want him touching him period. If I have to choose between Remender writing him and limbo, I chose limbo. So if the solo ends, the question will be which writers are writing Xbooks and do any of them like Gambit to use him in a meaningful way. Or even other Marvel Books. I don't care if Gambit is in X-men books, or in an Avenger book that Gillen or Fraction is writing if wanted the character because they like him as opposed to just wanting him for a particular story. What I care about is if the writer will be doing meaningful stuff with him because if not then again, I prefer limbo as I can save my money.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    IA, would Gambit had been better off for the launch of his solo due to being in those other books. It's possible his roles would still be small but still in the one arc of Uncanny he was in, he wasn't horrible. Certainly was more in character than we had seen in XML.

I'm disappointed that Carey held the veto of use for a character he never really intended on writing. Telling these other writers no was not playing well with others. He wasn't really using the character, and they could have agreed on no change in status quo if that was the reason.
    Carey had the veto power largely because he was the one that brought him back. He brought him out of limbo after BoA. If we are fair to Carey, we should be asking where would Gambit be if Carey didn't use him in MC. I am not sure any other writer would have brought him out of limbo and I am not sure Liu would have been allowed to bring him back just to use in X-23 if he were never in MC and XML.

So we can certainly despise what Carey did to the character afterwards and how Gambit was held hostage due to Rogue's story but let's not give these other writers a complete pass while we bash Carey because they were not lining up to use him post BoA.

Carey had the veto power largely because he was the one that brought him back. He brought him out of limbo after BoA. If we are fair to Carey, we should be asking where would Gambit be if Carey didn't use him in MC. I am not sure any other writer would have brought him out of limbo and I am not sure Liu would have been allowed to bring him back just to use in X-23 if he were never in MC and XML.

So we can certainly despise what Carey did to the character afterwards and how Gambit was held hostage due to Rogue's story but let's not give these other writers a complete pass while we bash Carey because they were not lining up to use him post BoA.
    I gotta get better at what I mean. LOL Fair??? Fair??? We're fans! C'mon now.

Carey brought Gambit back and that was nice. He didn't have crappy powers and he looked normal. That is all I have to say about it. (Call that a credit, if you want). Maybe nobody else would have brought him out of limbo, we don't know. Nor will we ever know. Nor do we know that Liu or anyone else would have been denied use of the character if he was in limbo at the time of the request. What we do know is what transpired after a writer got his hands on the character.

It's not a pass for other writers, its an unknown and lack of opportunity, (imo) and some wish fulfillment based on performance of work. I'll try and curb it a little. LOL

The other credit I give Carey and always will is the conviction he had for standing by his stories regardless of what fans said. That was admirable.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-17-2013 at 08:08 PM.

I gotta get better at what I mean. LOL Fair??? Fair??? We're fans! C'mon now.

Carey brought Gambit back and that was nice. He didn't have crappy powers and he looked normal. That is all I have to say about it. (Call that a credit, if you want). Maybe nobody else would have brought him out of limbo, we don't know. Nor will we ever know. Nor do we know that Liu or anyone else would have been denied use of the character if he was in limbo at the time of the request. What we do know is what transpired after a writer got his hands on the character.

It's not a pass for other writers, its an unknown and lack of opportunity, (imo) and some wish fulfillment based on performance of work. I'll try and curb it a little. LOL

The other credit I give Carey and always will is the conviction he had for standing by his stories regardless of what fans said. That was admirable.
    If Gambit remained in limbo there is no way Liu could have used him. He was Death. How does that pitch work? Hey I want the guy we last saw as death to come back and be X-23s mentor? The only reason Liu could use Gambit was because he was out of limbo and with the xmen just long enough to make it just plausible.

But yes it is all speculation to some extent but I don't see many writers who would have wanted to use him.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-17-2013 at 09:15 PM.

But yes it is all speculation to some extent but I don't see many writers who would have wanted to use him.
    Perhaps not at the time Carey chose him, I'll concede. But later on, when his use wasn't all that pivotal for XML, and other writers expressed interest, there should have been some concessions.

If Gambit remained in limbo there is no way Liu could have used him. He was Death. How does that pitch work? Hey I want the guy we last saw as death to come back and be X-23s mentor? The only reason Liu could use Gambit was because he was out of limbo and with the xmen just long enough to make it just plausible.
    If I missed an issue that indicates differently tell me - I base my view on this:

The loop hole/reset character was created by Milligan when Sunfire and Gambit left and met Sinister prior to entering limbo. With the Gambit/Sinister dynamic and history, there is no way anyone would think Sinister would not undo what was done to Gambit. No story necessary, or history and limbo can allude it all.

AFAIK there was no special note or previous page or anything that indicated why Gambit was normal. Carey took the Milligan reset because it benefited his story best and had conveniently put Gambit with the Marauders. This worked to Carey's advantage story wise. He didn't have to build a thing, all he had to do was put the characters together on the page.

Any writer could have done the same thing. At that time, there wasn't a writer who wanted to do so.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-18-2013 at 12:08 AM.

I could see Gambit being pulled out of limbo if Carey never did. Gambit is still a character that draws sales, so I couldn't see him stuck doing nothing for too long.

Or selfish. Yea, I'm still a little bitter.

A little off-topic, but anyone know when Gambit #8 comes out?
    Last edited by Askia32; 01-18-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    Or selfish. Yea, I'm still a little bitter.
    I'm sure there is some of that too (Carey's selfishness). I think it got a bit out of hand. It's in the past! Best place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    A little off-topic, but anyone know when Gambit #8 comes out?
    Wednesday 1/23

Preview pages!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14911
    Last edited by Neko; 01-18-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Talking

I'm sure there is some of that too (Carey's selfishness). I think it got a bit out of hand. It's in the past! Best place for it.

Wednesday 1/23

Preview pages!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14911
    Don't like the artwork here n what's with the new costume. Look's like a ninja turtle outfit in white with that white colour shell in the back.

He looks like fantomex without the mask
    I get that its a FF suit though
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Sharing the covers of Gambit 10 and 11

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mgtyzhDjXZ1qgvve9o1_250.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	107374

11 <333333
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mgtyzhDjXZ1qgvve9o2_250.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	107375